• RGB Version (No controller) - 319 USD

Votes: 63 9.7%
  • RGB Version (With controller) - 349 USD

Votes: 104 16.0%

• Total voters

Kylenol

Chassis Packer
Nov 15, 2019

Well here is the Thorzone build all finished. Overall it was the most fun PC Case to build in. I loved how it drops into the chassis like a sheath. It was also very handy that everything was tied up inside. I did find a couple of issues and possible critiques. One of the rails from the inner core didn't have a screw so it was flopping around. The second was the magnets that hold the panels on have this really weird black residue.

A critique would be that the IO shield hole in the case needs to be wider. I had to take a grinder after removing the IO shield and grind the IO sheild down until it would fit. Another possible improvement is the holding area where the motherboard sits may need to have slightly higher stand-offs. My reasoning is the plate that keeps pressure on the heatsink on the Cryorig C7G comes into contact with the edges of the cutouts inside the motherboard "tray" (if you could call it that.) As a result, the motherboard bends quite a bit and I had to loosen the screws to ease tension. If I had to summarize it, there is too much height in the middle of the motherboard created by the back plate, and the height on the corners is too low causing a bend.

If I had to compare it to the Ghost S1, the Mjolnir is WAAYYY better. In a different league. The metal is outstanding and the panel thickness is hotter than all thighs. It would definitely qualify for death by snu snu. And the SOUND! Somebody make an ASMR video of the ..... rubbing.

When I was building the XTIA I forgot to take better pictures but you can see some on my Instagram @delduked Alex might recognize the Instagram tag from me commenting too many times on his thorzone Instagram page :)

Comparing it to the XTIA Proto, the XTIA may have a slight leg up on it because it's a different kind of case. I don't think you can really compare the two because one is an open-air case and the other is not. However, the XTIA did have very nice materials but building with it was a little more complex and not as enjoyable. I think the Mjolnir was far easier, better thought out, and more fun.

Now comparing it to the Formd T1, it was probably the lowest quality out of the four. It does have an advantage for component accommodations but it was more frustrating in comparison. You could tell the Mjolnir was very well thought out despite those two main critiques I had talked about. The panels on the Formd T1 are nowhere near the quality of the Mjolnir, the thickness and quality of the construction is really amazing. In my Formd T1 I built a full quick disconnect water loop and also air-cooled it with a blackridge and it was just annoying finishing the case with those awful panels. The Ghost S1 in terms of ease of use is almost identical to the Mjolnir but the Ghost S1 quality falls short. The XTIA was fun and a cool design but not very good for long-term use. After building in all 4 (including an NZXT H1) I've never encountered such a well-built case as the Thorzone Mjolnir.

SPECS include:

MOBO: msi meg x590i
CPU: Intel Core i9 10900F
GPU: RTX3070 FE
SSD: 970 EVO 1tb
RAM: 32gb HyperX 3200mhz
CPU COOLER: Cryorig C7G
with black pslate cables for the Ghost S1

Last edited:

hoanghiep2111

Caliper Novice
Jan 25, 2019
To the other two human who happen to have a 6800XT Reference and is wondering if it would fit inside the Mjolnir, rejoice!

It fits, I think this might be the maximum thickness this case can handle though, it was pretty nerve-wrecking sliding the core back into the shell. (card thickness is 2.5 slots according to spec)

I couldn't find anybody else with the answer to this question so I decided to find out myself. 😰

uber_shnitz

Average Stuffer
Oct 14, 2019

Well here is the Thorzone build all finished. Overall it was the most fun PC Case to build in. I loved how it drops into the chassis like a sheath. It was also very handy that everything was tied up inside. I did find a couple of issues and possible critiques. One of the rails from the inner core didn't have a screw so it was flopping around. The second was the magnets that hold the panels on have this really weird black residue.

A critique would be that the IO shield hole in the case needs to be wider. I had to take a grinder after removing the IO shield and grind the IO sheild down until it would fit. Another possible improvement is the holding area where the motherboard sits may need to have slightly higher stand-offs. My reasoning is the plate that keeps pressure on the heatsink on the Cryorig C7G comes into contact with the edges of the cutouts inside the motherboard "tray" (if you could call it that.) As a result, the motherboard bends quite a bit and I had to loosen the screws to ease tension. If I had to summarize it, there is too much height in the middle of the motherboard created by the back plate, and the height on the corners is too low causing a bend.

If I had to compare it to the Ghost S1, the Mjolnir is WAAYYY better. In a different league. The metal is outstanding and the panel thickness is hotter than all thighs. It would definitely qualify for death by snu snu. And the SOUND! Somebody make an ASMR video of the ..... rubbing.

When I was building the XTIA I forgot to take better pictures but you can see some on my Instagram @delduked Alex might recognize the Instagram tag from me commenting too many times on his thorzone Instagram page :)

Comparing it to the XTIA Proto, the XTIA may have a slight leg up on it because it's a different kind of case. I don't think you can really compare the two because one is an open-air case and the other is not. However, the XTIA did have very nice materials but building with it was a little more complex and not as enjoyable. I think the Mjolnir was far easier, better thought out, and more fun.

Now comparing it to the Formd T1, it was probably the lowest quality out of the four. It does have an advantage for component accommodations but it was more frustrating in comparison. You could tell the Mjolnir was very well thought out despite those two main critiques I had talked about. The panels on the Formd T1 are nowhere near the quality of the Mjolnir, the thickness and quality of the construction is really amazing. In my Formd T1 I built a full quick disconnect water loop and also air-cooled it with a blackridge and it was just annoying finishing the case with those awful panels. The Ghost S1 in terms of ease of use is almost identical to the Mjolnir but the Ghost S1 quality falls short. The XTIA was fun and a cool design but not very good for long-term use. After building in all 4 (including an NZXT H1) I've never encountered such a well-built case as the Thorzone Mjolnir.

SPECS include:

Thanks for the super thorough review I really appreciate it!

Sorry in advance for the barrage of questions, but I figured maybe you can help out with some I had:
How are the thermals looking with that setup?
How was building with the Ghost S1 cables? Would you say they're overall adequate? I think someone else mentioned building with NCase M1 cables too.
Were you using the flipped PSU configuration when building so cable plugs facing upwards on the PSU (asking also in relation to the above custom cables)?

Last edited:

AlexTzone

I design minimalistic – but not boring – PC stuff
Original poster
THOR ZONE
Silver Supporter
Sep 23, 2017
thor-zone.com

SPECS include:

Omfg, so beautiful 😍 Thanks for the feedback too! So happy to finally see a Steel case out in the wild. You can’t imagine how much that means to us to hear that, it’s been a tough time but this makes it all so worth it!!

To the other two human who happen to have a 6800XT Reference and is wondering if it would fit inside the Mjolnir, rejoice!

It fits, I think this might be the maximum thickness this case can handle though, it was pretty nerve-wrecking sliding the core back into the shell. (card thickness is 2.5 slots according to spec)

I couldn't find anybody else with the answer to this question so I decided to find out myself. 😰

Common man, you're just teasing everyone at this point! Looks epic, build something in it 👌 A Dark case finally made justice (@N9neBreak3r made justice as well ofc).

Sorry in advance for the barrage of questions, but I figured maybe you can help out with some I had:
How was building with the Ghost S1 cables? Would you say they're overall adequate? I think someone else mentioned building with NCase M1 cables too.
Were you using the flipped PSU configuration when building so cable plugs facing upwards on the PSU (asking also in relation to the above custom cables)?

Just ordered stuff for making customs cables, this will be my first attempt but I will measure every single cable (in case it turns out good) so hopefully you guys will have a better foundation 👌

Last edited:

Kylenol

Chassis Packer
Nov 15, 2019

Here is a copy of the temperatures I have at idle. During heavy use temperatures increase by 30 degrees. Keep in mind that the CPU is a Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-10900F CPU @ 2.80GHz which has a TDP Limit 65.0 Watts. Stock is 2.8ghz and max is 5.2. The CPU Cryorig C7G has the Noctua 90mm slim intaking air, and the two ventilated fans which are on top exhausting air. All fans are running at 1000RPM at idle.

The ghost S1 unsleeved are great. I have one set in clear the other in black. When using the Ghost Cable lengths from pslate the 24 pin could be 1mm or 2mm longer but what's good about the cables is you can bend them into 90deg angles very easily. So as long as you "form" the cables it works perfectly. If you don't bend the cables a bit on the 24 pin it pulls the 24 pin little to the left.

The PSU is facing outwards, so the PSU inner fan is pushing into the case. That means the 24pin..... PIN would be pointing IN the case instead of facing outwards.

37 degC (98 degF) (Package)

4801.15 MHz (Core #0)35 degC (95 degF) (Core #0)
4701.13 MHz (Core #1)36 degC (96 degF) (Core #1)
4701.13 MHz (Core #2)35 degC (95 degF) (Core #2)
4801.15 MHz (Core #3)35 degC (95 degF) (Core #3)
4701.13 MHz (Core #4)40 degC (104 degF) (Core #4)
4601.10 MHz (Core #5)36 degC (96 degF) (Core #5)
4701.13 MHz (Core #6)35 degC (95 degF) (Core #6)
4801.15 MHz (Core #7)35 degC (95 degF) (Core #7)
4801.15 MHz (Core #8)35 degC (95 degF) (Core #8)
4801.15 MHz (Core #9)35 degC (95 degF) (Core #9)

Last edited:

Kapsi

Trash Compacter
Nov 20, 2018
Just ordered stuff for making customs cables, this will be my first attempt but I will measure every single cable (in case it turns out good) so hopefully you guys will have a better foundation 👌
Hi, Alex! Great news. I'm going out on a limb with this post, but I've already contacted the moderators and haven't heard back from them yet. As I mentioned here I have been trying to start a cable business for over a year and I think this is the perfect opportunity.

I was thinking of setting up a page on Etsy and charge between 25-35 USD for unsleeved cables and between 45-55 USD for PET Sleeved cables (For those of you who might want to use the tempered glass panel). I tried to verify myself and sell on Reddit but I can't afford a website and it is a requirement requested by the moderators over there. At the moment due to covid shipping prices have increased and shipping to USA is around 20 USD. (I can call and quote other countries).

I don't want to spam anymore and I apologize if this message bothers any of you. If you have doubts or are interested you can contact me privately or here. Thanks for your attention :)

JCB42

Chassis Packer
Jun 13, 2021
I wonder if New Zealand orders are next on the agenda? Or have we been missed off the list? (like NZ gets missed of World Maps) :p

beerbuddha

Cable-Tie Ninja
Apr 27, 2021
Hi, Alex! Great news. I'm going out on a limb with this post, but I've already contacted the moderators and haven't heard back from them yet. As I mentioned here I have been trying to start a cable business for over a year and I think this is the perfect opportunity.

I was thinking of setting up a page on Etsy and charge between 25-35 USD for unsleeved cables and between 45-55 USD for PET Sleeved cables (For those of you who might want to use the tempered glass panel). I tried to verify myself and sell on Reddit but I can't afford a website and it is a requirement requested by the moderators over there. At the moment due to covid shipping prices have increased and shipping to USA is around 20 USD. (I can call and quote other countries).

I don't want to spam anymore and I apologize if this message bothers any of you. If you have doubts or are interested you can contact me privately or here. Thanks for your attention :)
awww man wish you offerred this 3 weeks ago - i actually ordered custom cables off Etsy (they from china)

If you doing it, wish you luck and success on this. After dealing with "stock" cables, custom cables is a must and considering all the custom cables places out there offering over 4 weeks for orders, im pretty sure there is room for another player in the spectrum

Kapsi

Trash Compacter
Nov 20, 2018
awww man wish you offerred this 3 weeks ago - i actually ordered custom cables off Etsy (they from china)

If you doing it, wish you luck and success on this. After dealing with "stock" cables, custom cables is a must and considering all the custom cables places out there offering over 4 weeks for orders, im pretty sure there is room for another player in the spectrum
Hi, man! Thank you so much for your encouraging words. It really means more than you can imagine. As I said, I'm trying not to break any rules until I'm cleared by the moderators, that's why I've been quiet.

It has been especially difficult to start this project because the big fish offer things like measurements already taken for the most popular cases and I can't afford them at the moment, but your words encouraged me a lot and I want you to know that. If all goes well, maybe in the future when you start another SFF adventure I'll be here :)

beerbuddha

Cable-Tie Ninja
Apr 27, 2021
Hi, man! Thank you so much for your encouraging words. It really means more than you can imagine. As I said, I'm trying not to break any rules until I'm cleared by the moderators, that's why I've been quiet.

It has been especially difficult to start this project because the big fish offer things like measurements already taken for the most popular cases and I can't afford them at the moment, but your words encouraged me a lot and I want you to know that. If all goes well, maybe in the future when you start another SFF adventure I'll be here :)
Totally understand - again best of luck and obviously having someone active here that can do it similar to how Alex been actively here gives good insight of the potential

For_Science

Master of Cramming
Feb 16, 2018
I guess when a company knows that they have you and your money, then there isn't much incentive for them to speed up in particular.
Kinda like the relationship between backers <--> Thorzone, and Thorzone <--> UPS

NotBoringCase

Trash Compacter
May 20, 2021
That is exactly what it seems. They already have the money, they treat us like we are bothering them, it is not like they need to do a good job to ensure they will sell the cases, they've already sold out, now they are only focused on spend the less amount of money to end with this "problem", if they can reach lower shipping prices making bigger bulks including the non backers, they will do, no matter what the 2019 backers will receive or when. On may they've sold another batch that they claim it will be shipped in August, it is almost July and the EU and rest of the World 2019 backers don't even have an estimated time of delivery. It is a pitty but thus is our situation, we don't have anything to make pressure, we can only a post in forums and now we don't even receive an answer.

Reactions: Shinken1

Allhopeforhumanity

Master of Cramming
May 1, 2017
And it’s been like a month that some non backers have received their case…

I think that really just comes down to the complications in shipping due to covid, and flipping to air transit requiring a renegotiation in freight handling in many parts of the world, the EU in particular. I mean, it super sucks for people who haven't received their case yet, but it also doesn't make sense to sit on completed/packaged chassis if they can send them out to post-backer-orders while they continue working on the shipping issues, both from a "cost of storage" and a "customer service" perspective. Basically, it's not a zero sum game, non-backers getting theirs is not the bottleneck in EU backers receiving theirs.

Reactions: N9neBreak3r

Acen

Average Stuffer
Jun 8, 2020
I think that really just comes down to the complications in shipping due to covid, and flipping to air transit requiring a renegotiation in freight handling in many parts of the world, the EU in particular. I mean, it super sucks for people who haven't received their case yet, but it also doesn't make sense to sit on completed/packaged chassis if they can send them out to post-backer-orders while they continue working on the shipping issues, both from a "cost of storage" and a "customer service" perspective. Basically, it's not a zero sum game, non-backers getting theirs is not the bottleneck in EU backers receiving theirs.
Covid is not something that happened yesterday, it is no longer an excuse. You know you’ll face these problems, you don’t wait the moment the cases are ready to start looking for shipping options.