AlexTzone

I design minimalistic – but not boring – PC stuff
Original poster
THOR ZONE
Silver Supporter
Sep 23, 2017
thor-zone.com
Will we see this style glass in future?
The glass panels looked different on sale site.
Old design, probably will never see the light of day anymore.

Yeah that's an old and comparably bad design (especially from a structural standpoint) ? Btw, going to put together a KS update very soon. We're waiting for some videos from the factory, want to show you guys how the parts are CNCd, bead blasted and anodized.

Cheers
Alex

Paul_the_Octopus

Trash Compacter
Apr 17, 2020
Yeah that's an old and comparably bad design (especially from a structural standpoint) ? Btw, going to put together a KS update very soon. We're waiting for some videos from the factory, want to show you guys how the parts are CNCd, bead blasted and anodized.

Cheers
Alex
Can't wait to see it !! I was waiting for some kind of update and a video would be AWESOME. But, is the video going to be about how random parts are CNC'd or show us how mjolnir is been CNC'd (meaning production has begun!)?

Last edited:
Reactions: For_Science

For_Science

Master of Cramming
Feb 16, 2018

Cheers
Alex
Yes I agree with @Paul_the_Octopus, If its not directly footage from the MJOLNIR I do no think it would be received well if you show off manufacturing steps for a different product (even if it is from the same factory).

AlexTzone

Original poster
THOR ZONE
Silver Supporter
Sep 23, 2017
thor-zone.com
Can't wait to see it !! I was waiting for some kind of update and a video would be AWESOME. But, is the video going to be about how random parts are CNC'd or show us how mjolnir is been CNC'd (meaning production has begun!)?

Of course it's for MJOLNIR ? However, it's only going to be the back panel now, since we're going to use that to evaluate the factory (the pre-production samples I talked about a couple of days ago). Full scale production will begin once we review these samples.

I just got the CNC clip (~15 sec), it's really not that telling since CNC:ing that part takes 10 minutes or so...but it's better than nothing I guess. What's more interesting is seeing pics of that part after CNC, after bead blasting and finally after anodizing. Still waiting for the last 2.

Cheers
Alex

ps. the back panel is the most complicated part of MJOLNIR, that's why we choose to sample it. If they manage to do it well there's no reason to think they can't manage the rest.

XdotX

Chassis Packer
Jul 7, 2020
Hello guys, I'm trying to build my first itx computer, I'm not sure if the mjolnir can fit a strix 2080 TI OC, I hope someone can help me out! Thank you ?

Reactions: AlexTzone

wolfatpno

Cable-Tie Ninja
Sep 8, 2018
I saw the picture released today.
Is the plastic guide bolted, not adhesive? It is a very satisfactory matter.

I want to know the expected life span of plastic and metal friction.

Can I buy spare parts?

AlexTzone

Original poster
THOR ZONE
Silver Supporter
Sep 23, 2017
thor-zone.com
Hello guys, I'm trying to build my first itx computer, I'm not sure if the mjolnir can fit a strix 2080 TI OC, I hope someone can help me out! Thank you ?

Heey! ? I'm not certain of the dimensions, but I think it's a bit to wide unfortunately :/ Does anybody have the dimensions for that GPU?

I saw the picture released today.
Is the plastic guide bolted, not adhesive? It is a very satisfactory matter.

I want to know the expected life span of plastic and metal friction.

Can I buy spare parts?

The plastic (Nylon) corner guards are fixed via adhesive, the holes are used to guide them in correctly and provide some "gripping" force. Lifespan under normal use (build 4 times per year) will last a LOOOONG time, especially since we use self-lubricating nylon. Also, MJOLNIR will have a "smooth" anodized coat, which further decreases friction.

ps. that dark-gray (DARK) turned out pretty nice right? ? Will take some better pics once we receive the samples next week. As mentioned in the update, the manufacturer wanted to remake the samples in a different aluminium alloy (6063 instead of 6061-T6) because they weren't satisfied with the anodized finish (looked great to me, but hey...if the can make it even better than why not right? ?)

Last edited:

wolfatpno

Cable-Tie Ninja
Sep 8, 2018
Heey! ? I'm not certain of the dimensions, but I think it's a bit to wide unfortunately :/ Does anybody have the dimensions for that GPU?

The plastic (Nylon) corner guards are fixed via adhesive, the holes are used to guide them in correctly and provide some "gripping" force. Lifespan under normal use (build 4 times per year) will last a LOOOONG time, especially since we use self-lubricating nylon. Also, MJOLNIR will have a "smooth" anodized coat, which further decreases friction.

ps. that dark-gray (DARK) turned out pretty nice right? ? Will take some better pics once we receive the samples next week. As mentioned in the update, the manufacturer wanted to remake the samples in a different aluminium alloy (6063 instead of 6061-T6) because they weren't satisfied with the anodized finish (looked great to me, but hey...if the can make it even better than why not right? ?)

I'll be honest with you.

I'm excited to see your team's achievements being actually made.

I'm sure everyone in this forum feels the same way.
Your team showed us responsibility and passion.

All I'm worried about is the virus. I hope everyone stays healthy.

Be careful, fellas.

BTW: Yeah. Perfect color.

Last edited:

N9neBreak3r

Airflow Optimizer
Jul 17, 2020
hey guys! Just made a sff forum account to post in this thread and keep up to date on Mjolnir. I ordered an rgb Mjolnir in dark with the booster cell and 2x panels back in June.

A couple quick questions; What are the updates on the gen 4 pcie riser cable? Are the cases being shipped straight from the factory in China to us (buyers)?

I'm so excited for the update next week with sample pictures! You guys are awesome!!

Paul_the_Octopus

Trash Compacter
Apr 17, 2020
hey guys! Just made a sff forum account to post in this thread and keep up to date on Mjolnir. I ordered an rgb Mjolnir in dark with the booster cell and 2x panels back in June.

A couple quick questions; What are the updates on the gen 4 pcie riser cable? Are the cases being shipped straight from the factory in China to us (buyers)?

I'm so excited for the update next week with sample pictures! You guys are awesome!!
Welcome! I would also like to add a few questions to this @AlexTzone. What company are you guys going to use for shipping (i really hope its fedex or dhl, since my country’s regular courrier is absolute garbage). And if using more then one, do we get to choose ?

Last edited:

Notional

Trash Compacter
Sep 5, 2019
Is there any plans to make a version of the case that supports 3 slot gpu and 240 AIO?
I've recommended a Mjølnir XL that might be a little bit wider (not much) and about 3 cm taller, so you can fit 240 and a proper high end gpu and still use glass panels. I hope they will make it happen. MIght even be able to reuse the panels and such as no one needs to see the fans/radiator anyways. Once everything is done with small mjølnir I think it would be a lot faster to make their next case, especially if it's only a modification. Let's hope.

Reactions: Aleksander

For_Science

Master of Cramming
Feb 16, 2018
@AlexTzone Just wanted to share this horror story with you :p. One of the Kickstarter projects I had backed was to produce a single screw. Yes, really, one single screw (Link). And while things were delayed by Corona and what not, they managed to pull off their production and people are starting to get their screws now.

Turns out, that none (or at least, the vast majority) of the production units are not within the tolerance needed for the use-case. It would seem that the factory used had been in fact sending the project leader "Cherry-Picked" samples as "Randomly-Picked" samples and so while everything looked fine and the guy gave the go ahead for full-scale manufacturing, most of what came off the line was unusable. So now that the factory has fulfilled its "full-scale manufacturing" after getting the green light from the creator, I guess they feel their job is done.

So I guess the take home from this is to not trust samples sent by the factory and the importance of really inspecting what is coming off the line in a true random fashion. Furthermore I guess if you use a 3rd party for inspection, you better have a 3rd party auditing that 3rd party, otherwise I wouldn't put it past anybody to issue a small bribe or once again show a golden sample.

Given that this was for one single screw, imagine the potential for slackness of something as complicated as MJOLNIR.... I really hope you can get somebody you know personally in those factories to inspect the production units.

AlexTzone

Original poster
THOR ZONE
Silver Supporter
Sep 23, 2017
thor-zone.com

Heey huge welcome on board! :) I'll get straight to it:

Gen4 risers
We're talking with a new PCIe riser manufacturer, since our old one went back to Gen3 again. Most riser manufacturers are waiting to see what Intel does with PCIe 4.0 before jumping on board. The current plan is to have a riser that is at least compatible with AMD's PCIe 4.0, since this tech is already out.

Shipping
Yes they are shipped directly from China to customers, in some cases there will be an intermediary :)

Welcome! I would also like to add a few questions to this @AlexTzone. What company are you guys going to use for shipping (i really hope its fedex or dhl, since my country’s regular courrier is absolute garbage). And if using more then one, do we get to choose ?

It depends on the region, we use several couriers. However, this is not set in stone yet since we're still negotiating with all of them (just got the final quantity and weights to each country, so we asked them to reevaluate their quotes).

@AlexTzone Just wanted to share this horror story with you :p. One of the Kickstarter projects I had backed was to produce a single screw. Yes, really, one single screw (Link). And while things were delayed by Corona and what not, they managed to pull off their production and people are starting to get their screws now.

Turns out, that none (or at least, the vast majority) of the production units are not within the tolerance needed for the use-case. It would seem that the factory used had been in fact sending the project leader "Cherry-Picked" samples as "Randomly-Picked" samples and so while everything looked fine and the guy gave the go ahead for full-scale manufacturing, most of what came off the line was unusable. So now that the factory has fulfilled its "full-scale manufacturing" after getting the green light from the creator, I guess they feel their job is done.

So I guess the take home from this is to not trust samples sent by the factory and the importance of really inspecting what is coming off the line in a true random fashion. Furthermore I guess if you use a 3rd party for inspection, you better have a 3rd party auditing that 3rd party, otherwise I wouldn't put it past anybody to issue a small bribe or once again show a golden sample.

Given that this was for one single screw, imagine the potential for slackness of something as complicated as MJOLNIR.... I really hope you can get somebody you know personally in those factories to inspect the production units.

A horror story indeed, and I can definitely understand how something like this can happen. However, I have no idea how that guy went about choosing a factory etc etc, so it's hard to gauge the probability of our success based on his results. If he just went to Alibaba, searched "custom screws" and picked / sampled from someone with a cool pic...then it's no wonder. The due diligence that went down into making our list of "potential manufacturers" was pretty intense, and as far as I recall Denize checked everything from their paperwork, contacted previous customers, verified machine models, number of employees, certificates and whatnot ?

With regards to sampling, we've done quite a bit now if you include the original prototypes; and while we don't automatically trust a factory that delivers good quality samples, it does show us what they are capable of. Provided the right incentives to do good work, primarily payment after completion and 3rd party inspection, we decrease the risk of subpar quality. As you'll see in the next Kickstarter update, sample quality varies A LOOOOT between different factories.

OptimumTech mentioned that the panels on his MJOLNIR prototype felt similar to those from the Ghost S1. That prototype consisted of sampled parts, of which the corresponding factories tried to (probably) do their best job in order to sway us. Those sampled parts are absolute garbage compared to the new samples we received today, which isn't that strange given the new factory's high production price and experience of case manufacturing ?

As for 3rd party inspection of the 3rd party inspectors, we've technically already done so based on recommendations ?

wolfatpno

Cable-Tie Ninja
Sep 8, 2018
Silver became a hidden card.

What a great quality and color. I regret that I should have bought silver as well.

I think it is produced in a better color than e-white.

Thank you for producing this product, and I would like to purchase all your next work.

Nice, ThorZone.

Last edited:

MJK

What's an ITX?
New User
Jul 23, 2020
I have two questions.
1. Can I change my phone number in my order?
2. I saw the updated sample and I want to change it to a different color, is it possible?