• Total voters

AlexTzone

I design minimalistic – but not boring – PC stuff
Original poster
THOR ZONE
Silver Supporter
Sep 23, 2017
thor-zone.com
A few new updates on twitter! Black Friday congestion has cleared up at our freight forwarder, so I just received pics/news from the that our cases are being processed right now. This means tracking numbers are being generated and sorted, which I'll send out the instant I get them.

For the next shipping round (next week), we're planning to continue to ship standard packages (like this time) + standalone risers + BORGs & riser bundles.

dman15

Chassis Packer
Oct 23, 2021
God forbid you would give a meaningful update Alex.

Here is an example-

"We have shipped 279 of 643 cases, once the remaining cases have shipped in the next 2 weeks we will them ship the riser cables, then the Borg & ris r bundles, then the replacement parts. We expect this proces to take another 6 working weeks, not including holiday shutdowns"

Now you try........

runsamok

Average Stuffer
Jul 12, 2021
Is everything being sent out at the appropriate speed/service level?

I paid €‎42 for shipping what amounts to a shoebox from Asia, which would indicate courier (DHL/FedEx/UPS) service & not postal mail.

the_trev

Caliper Novice
May 25, 2022

I paid €‎42 for shipping what amounts to a shoebox from Asia, which would indicate courier (DHL/FedEx/UPS) service & not postal mail.
IIRC it's DHL express - I paid a similar amount - so I'd expect it next working day

runsamok

Average Stuffer
Jul 12, 2021
IIRC it's DHL express - I paid a similar amount - so I'd expect it next working day

I remember what was said. There's just often a difference between what is said & how it's done with Thor Zone, so I'd like some explicit confirmation from TZ directly.

the_trev

Caliper Novice
May 25, 2022
I remember what was said. There's just often a difference between what is said & how it's done with Thor Zone, so I'd like some explicit confirmation from TZ directly.
My bad, I misread your post. I too would love confirmation, will inevitably only find out once tracking number comes through

AlexTzone

Original poster
THOR ZONE
Silver Supporter
Sep 23, 2017
thor-zone.com

We ship using express with either DHL, UPS, FedEx or SFexpress, so 4-5 days is standard.

AlexTzone

Original poster
THOR ZONE
Silver Supporter
Sep 23, 2017
thor-zone.com
We've sent out the first 200 tracking numbers now (shipping 20% complete), time to schedule another pickup by the freight forwarder and continue shipping :)

AlexTzone

Original poster
THOR ZONE
Silver Supporter
Sep 23, 2017
thor-zone.com
Additional 171 cases are currently being prepared to be picked up and shipped, taking total shipping from 20% to 37%! :) We expect to send out the tracking numbers later this week.

AlexTzone

Original poster
THOR ZONE
Silver Supporter
Sep 23, 2017
thor-zone.com
Despite being a billion years delayed, I have to say...actually shipping things out is the best feeling running this whole show. The next best thing is seeing that people actually care about something you've created, but yes, nothing beats fulfilling a promise. Now if we could cut down on delays etc it would make it infinitely better. I have a pretty good idea of where we're disorganized, mostly stuff under our control (sending stuff to production in time, knowing true MOQ requirements, calculate lead times properly (not just having a vague idea of it in memory), plan ahead of production, plan ahead of replacement parts), so I'm hopeful.

Last edited:
Reactions: N9neBreak3r

runsamok

Average Stuffer
Jul 12, 2021
A thin 240 with one fan on it won't dissipate heat any better than a 120, regardless of the wattage involved.

Mjolnir isn't really built to fit a 240mm AIO.

Reactions: N9neBreak3r

the_trev

Caliper Novice
May 25, 2022
Im not saying you cant run the 7950x, you can run that fine stock with a 120 aio. Its the 240 aio that wont happen without mods and is pretty pointless.

Am I wrong in the belief that 105w + 120mm AIO is already pushing the boundaries of heat management in this case? Especially with the GPU exhaust pushing directly into the AIO intake, that little thing is going to be at max pump and fan speed trying to dissipate that much heat.

I have a 5700x (65w) for that reason. I would feel uneasy putting a 170w beast in there with even the best 120mm AIO. Happy to be proven wrong though

runsamok

Average Stuffer
Jul 12, 2021
Despite being built/designed around 2018-2019 high-end power levels & part sizes, the Mjolnir is perfectly capable of holding a 105w processor at the stock levels. I’ve kept full speed & full boost clocks on my 5800X during 90 minute compile jobs where 16 threads are running 100% the entire time.
Given how the 7000 series processors are tolerant of heat all the way up through thermal envelope it’s conceivable that one should work as well.

N9neBreak3r

Airflow Optimizer
Jul 17, 2020
Am I wrong in the belief that 105w + 120mm AIO is already pushing the boundaries of heat management in this case? Especially with the GPU exhaust pushing directly into the AIO intake, that little thing is going to be at max pump and fan speed trying to dissipate that much heat.

I have a 5700x (65w) for that reason. I would feel uneasy putting a 170w beast in there with even the best 120mm AIO. Happy to be proven wrong though
Depends on the fan you stick on the radiator. Id also run the aio fan as intake and the secondary case fan as exhaust plus use the booster cell as exhaust for this situation. Its gonna be noisy but it would work.