• Total voters

ARC1T3CT

Trash Compacter
Aug 27, 2018
Dead Silence GIF by GIPHY Studios Originals

For_Science

Master of Cramming
Feb 16, 2018
For what its worth, I emailed support to delay my own shipment as I am moving country next week. They replied quite quickly and confirmed that they can hold my order, but whether or not it would have shipped this week anyway remains to be seen I guess....?

Reactions: RE4MATT3D and PoneG

PoneG

Average Stuffer
Jun 10, 2022
For what its worth, I emailed support to delay my own shipment as I am moving country next week. They replied quite quickly and confirmed that they can hold my order, but whether or not it would have shipped this week anyway remains to be seen I guess....?
i wish you a stress-free move. as long as no further information comes from alex nothing will happen i think. this will probably not be a christmas fairy tale ;)

Reactions: For_Science

Bumfezzler

Caliper Novice
Oct 23, 2021
It's been over 2 weeks since the last update. Any news? Are more ready to be shipped? Has shipping started? Did they all get destroyed by laser raptors?

Last edited:

PoneG

Average Stuffer
Jun 10, 2022
It's been over 2 weeks since the last update. Any news? Are more ready to be shipped? Has shipping started? Did they call get destroyed by laser raptors?
Is there perhaps the possibility that we all fly together to the factory to pack our own mjolnirs and take them with us? Before the said laser raptors come from the secret moon base and take over the world...

the_trev

Caliper Novice
May 25, 2022
It's been over 2 weeks since the last update. Any news? Are more ready to be shipped? Has shipping started? Did they call get destroyed by laser raptors?
Complete silence from Alex, no indication that shipping has started.

As I mentioned in a previous post, I'm happy to receive bad news than no news at all. Just really bored of getting hopes up...

ARC1T3CT

Trash Compacter
Aug 27, 2018
200 cases will be picked up on Friday and tracking numbers distributed on Monday or Tuesday, we choose to wait another week and have more cases to ship at once that if we would have sent them last week (around 90 at that time).

What about replacement parts? Have those been sent out yet?

Reactions: N9neBreak3r

runsamok

Average Stuffer
Jul 12, 2021
How many weeks can we expect this whole round of fulfillment to take? Are you still doing the "one colour at a time" thing? How does that work with your 3 general types of orders in this batch (new cases, addons/risers, & replacement parts)?

AlexTzone

I design minimalistic – but not boring – PC stuff
Original poster
THOR ZONE
Silver Supporter
Sep 23, 2017
thor-zone.com
What about replacement parts? Have those been sent out yet?

How many weeks can we expect this whole round of fulfillment to take? Are you still doing the "one colour at a time" thing? How does that work with your 3 general types of orders in this batch (new cases, addons/risers, & replacement parts)?

Here's the plan:

1. First we ship all simple bundles, i.e. those that don't need additional packaging. This will take 3 shipment rounds (can be done every 2-3 days) and account for something like 80% of everything.

2. Next we move on to more complicated bundles, i.e. where somebody somebody got a case + BORG (we need to package them together using another box). This will take 1-2 shipment rounds max and take fulfillment up to 99%. People that got an upgrade AND are waiting for replacement parts are also part of this category.

3. Last, all remaining replacement parts are sent out in 1 shipment round.

Reactions: N9neBreak3r

Zwelgje

Efficiency Noob
Jul 16, 2021
It's normally #2 for borg and riser cables. But i still have to get replacement glas from B1 its becoming #3. I will be happy its stil this year.

runsamok

Average Stuffer
Jul 12, 2021
Timelines are always aspirational.

A good rule of thumb is to triple any timelines that Alex gives. 2 weeks becomes a month & a half (timeline between confirming addresses & orders actually shipping out), 4 months becomes a year (original fulfillment was supposed to be 4 months out, now going to be a year) & so on.

It'll all happen, but trying to hold to a timeline will just lead to frustration & disappointment. I know letting go of my own expectations really helped me dial back the frustration & anger with how long it's taken. It'll happen when it happens.

Artimunor

Caliper Novice
Oct 14, 2021
Timelines are always aspirational.

A good rule of thumb is to triple any timelines that Alex gives. 2 weeks becomes a month & a half (timeline between confirming addresses & orders actually shipping out), 4 months becomes a year (original fulfillment was supposed to be 4 months out, now going to be a year) & so on.

This is almost similar to scoping of software development projects, except there the cost + manpower needed also increases quadratic while the timeline lengthens.
If a consultancy firm is involved however quadratic changes into a higher exponent then 2.
And while this process is ongoing you might run out of buildingspace, which means you have to expand officespace, or hire remote workers.
When hiring remote workers this involves project overhead and management overhead and requires to hire more managers, cause the exponent number to increase yet a few notches more.

5 years later when its finally finished, the board replies: "this is not what we asked for"