Production Meshlicious Redesign - Vertical, 280AIO mainstream case

robojim

Airflow Optimizer
Jun 18, 2020
Idk, I might be getting too set in my ways, but I'm skeptical of the new design making the old one look bad. It'll be difficult to top.
I think I'd like to see it a bit deeper overall to accomodate some thicker rads maybe and allowing pump/rads to fit better internally. Maybe a bit more height to allow more room for cables at the bottom or thus adding a top fan natively.

Reamde

Cable Smoosher
Jun 5, 2019
I think it would be cool to have no visible i/o or power button on the front or top, like the T1. Or, at least an option with USB-C only and no USB-A. Sounds like the design is done, that's just what could tempt me to upgrade from my T1.

akisu

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Jan 15, 2019
I think it would be cool to have no visible i/o or power button on the front or top, like the T1. Or, at least an option with USB-C only and no USB-A. Sounds like the design is done, that's just what could tempt me to upgrade from my T1.
I am very happy with having both USB options on the top.

Reactions: Talyrius

robojim

Airflow Optimizer
Jun 18, 2020
Did anyone else see the IG post about something called the Meshroom?

I'm assuming it's some bigger version that probably has more space for things?

Reactions: rfarmer

Valantar

Shrink Ray Wielder
Jan 20, 2018
It looks like, but they wrote "brand new Meshroom ITX case". So that is maybe the new version?
Judging by the pictures, it's exactly the same - all the internal cut-outs and clearances look the same, and if they were to make a larger version I doubt it would be so small a change that it wouldn't be visible.

Valantar

Shrink Ray Wielder
Jan 20, 2018
It looks like, but they wrote "brand new Meshroom ITX case". So that is maybe the new version?
There's a big difference between saying "a brand new X" and "the brand new X" - the latter indicates that X is new in a general sense, while the former just indicates that the specific iteration in question is new (and not used).

Valantar

Shrink Ray Wielder
Jan 20, 2018
Guessing here, but it might be a part of the original Meshlicious designers moving on and (seemingly) keeping the name for the next version. Still, "meshroom" is pretty weird. Mushrooms are delicious, but I don't necessarily want to house my PC in one?

• Haha

NeoConker

Caliper Novice
May 21, 2017

It's a brand new... refresh 😁

They add another USB on the front panel (IDN where is the power button now).

Some new holes at the back and probably some changes in the insides.

ScottSimply

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Nov 15, 2021
Meshroom seems to be SSUPD's own meshilicious refresh.

W360, representing NCASE, came up with the original Meshilicious and SSUPD handled execution.
W360 then left SSUPD, and is now still represented by NCASE, but with Streacom handling execution.
The Meshilicious redesign this thread is about is the latter, the NCASE x Streacom partnership.

Valantar

Shrink Ray Wielder
Jan 20, 2018
(IDN where is the power button now)
If I were to guess: a small switch in that new hole directly above the motherboard I/O (the slightly larger one with screw mounting holes on each side).

A mistake IMO, but then I guess people don't really use power buttons all that often, so it might not matter. Still an odd decision: more front I/O is a very "for the mainstream" kind of move, while moving the power button to the back where you can't see it or even tell that it's there unless you know what to look for is a very "SFF enthusiast" kind of move. Trying to please everyone, and thus not pleasing anyone?