Production Meshlicious Redesign - Vertical, 280AIO mainstream case

Qu1ckset

Cable-Tie Ninja
Feb 9, 2020
I’ll contribute my thoughts because I just ended up selecting an H1 over the Meshi for a handful of reasons:

- H1 has a smaller footprint. That’s fine to leave as-is as the ability to fit a larger rad is a fair trade-off.
- The blue LED in the power button was a huge turn off for me. I think it looks dated and cheap. Much prefer the white ring of the H1.
- The lack of a headphone jack in the front I/O. Again, this a feature that the H1 had that the Meshi didn’t.
- Lack of cable management. Obviously that’s a shoe-in for the H1 because the included PSU comes with pre-routed cables. But there should be some more consideration for cable management with the Meshi. I didn’t like that I’d have to buy additional hardware to offset either the gpu or mobo to manage the cables to any reasonable degree.
- Undercarriage clearance. I appreciate that the Meshi has easy access to the rear I/O but there should be more space at the underside. Either that or the case should’ve come with a 90 degree DP adapter or right-angled connector, in addition to the 90 degree HDMI. Along with the stand-off mod, I didn’t appreciate the fact that I would’ve had to buy a new cable or aftermarket legs to connect to my monitor using a DP cable.
- I think the vented top panel was the right move. More room at the top or a dedicated bracket to fit a fan would’ve been a good design move.

These were all the factors that made me go for the H1 over the Meshi. BUT, I like the breathable nature of it, the interchangeable side panels, and ease of access into the chassis. If the other factors I mentioned above were slightly different in design, I probably would’ve gone Meshi instead. I’m keeping my eyes open for the redux though because I love building in new cases ;)
H1 is dated hotbox, a lot of people like myself included don't even use or ever used the headphone jack in the front I/O, im not using any extra hardware to route my cables, and you can see my build log for proof. Meshlicious not only looks clean but performs awesome with top of the line parts, and as the options to please many different builds weather its AIO, Custom W/C, Air cooling, etc.

Reactions: biopunk

moosh

Caliper Novice
May 13, 2020
H1 is dated hotbox, a lot of people like myself included don't even use or ever used the headphone jack in the front I/O, im not using any extra hardware to route my cables, and you can see my build log for proof. Meshlicious not only looks clean but performs awesome with top of the line parts, and as the options to please many different builds weather its AIO, Custom W/C, Air cooling, etc.
Each to their own; I just listed out the reasons why I preferred the H1 over the Meshi.

• Haha
Reactions: thelaughingman

bloodyshogun

Efficiency Noob
Jul 8, 2021
Would also love to have a way to secure a graphics card a bit more. I'd love to have the peace of mind, that... if I carelessly put the case with a heavy GPU in my truck and it ends up in a tumble, I wouldn't be snapping the PCB.

Reactions: Enigma

jaeparku

Cable-Tie Ninja
Oct 19, 2018
@Wahaha360

if you can make a CNC version of the current Meshlicious, I'll gladly switch from NR200 and throw my money at your product!

I like the concept and flexibility of Meshlicious, but if I'm traveling with it, I'm afraid of how weak the mesh side panels are, especially with push pin construction.

Reactions: thelaughingman

Wahaha360

a.k.a W360
Original poster
SFFLAB
NCASE
SSUPD
Feb 23, 2015
@Wahaha360

if you can make a CNC version of the current Meshlicious, I'll gladly switch from NR200 and throw my money at your product!

I like the concept and flexibility of Meshlicious, but if I'm traveling with it, I'm afraid of how weak the mesh side panels are, especially with push pin construction.

Not this year, I want to make a mainstream product, so the next one will be mainstream priced.

CNC + Aluminum + Anodizing can’t hit the price point.

If you really want something portable, T1 is the better choice for both portability, quality and cooling.

jaeparku

Cable-Tie Ninja
Oct 19, 2018
Not this year, I want to make a mainstream product, so the next one will be mainstream priced.

CNC + Aluminum + Anodizing can’t hit the price point.

If you really want something portable, T1 is the better choice for both portability, quality and cooling.

Yeah I really want the T1. But first problem is the availability, and the second problem is that if I use a 3 slot GPU, I'm limited to 52 mm cpu cooler rather than 70.

Qu1ckset

Cable-Tie Ninja
Feb 9, 2020
This is a pretty crazy custom ATX build in the Meshlicious

griever

Average Stuffer
Apr 30, 2019
I've had a faulty DP cable since I received my Meshi, anyone one else had this issue? Mostly audio crackling and some display artifacts.
Anyway, the new cables on the SSPD store seem to be different than the cables originally shipped, they look to be 90 degree but not right angled. Anyone used the new cables yet?

robojim

Airflow Optimizer
Jun 18, 2020
I've had a faulty DP cable since I received my Meshi, anyone one else had this issue? Mostly audio crackling and some display artifacts.
Anyway, the new cables on the SSPD store seem to be different than the cables originally shipped, they look to be 90 degree but not right angled. Anyone used the new cables yet?
Mine came with a 90 degree HDMI, not DisplayPort. I ended up buying one from Amazon called BoAazul or something like that

akisu

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Jan 15, 2019
Mine came with a 90 degree HDMI, not DisplayPort. I ended up buying one from Amazon called BoAazul or something like that
Same here, I had also just an HDMI cable included. I bought a 90 degree PD Adapter and used my old PD cable. Works fine with 165Hz and WQHD.