Production Meshlicious Redesign - Vertical, 280AIO mainstream case

wywywywy

Airflow Optimizer
Aug 12, 2016
AT the very bottom of this page,
Thank you. Don't know how I missed that!

futurewau

Average Stuffer
Sep 20, 2019
Supposedly only in the second batch, meaning preorder in April, don't ask me why they haven't figured out to have it available in Europe right now, since they're shipping it from Taiwan anyway, it's not like it's in US already, they could ship it from Taiwan to any of the EU resellers the same way. I already preordered from Newegg, so will have to pay for additional shipping from US to Europe, but what can you do, I don't want to wait till like May to receive the case.
THIS

Its shipping from Taiwan. Why cant we order directly to europe? Shipping from Taiwan to Usa and then Europe is not climate friendly

Reactions: riba2233

Marvelm

Cable-Tie Ninja
Oct 20, 2017
THIS

Its shipping from Taiwan. Why cant we order directly to europe? Shipping from Taiwan to Usa and then Europe is not climate friendly

Yeah, it just doesn't make any sense... It doesn't seem so hard to just offer shipping internationally from the website, buyers could agree to wait longer time due to covid and stuff.

Reactions: futurewau

robojim

Airflow Optimizer
Jun 18, 2020
Yeah, it just doesn't make any sense... It doesn't seem so hard to just offer shipping internationally from the website, buyers could agree to wait longer time due to covid and stuff.
It's possible Newegg wanted an early exclusivity? Just me thinking out loud.

tinyitx

Shrink Ray Wielder
Jan 25, 2018
THIS

My analysis:- The initial batch has to be small. Subsequent batches will grow in size according to demand and factory outputs.
With a small first batch, it is better to offer all the cases to a single market/country rather than spreading the batch thin around the world, thus avoiding having many countries where ''some people get it while some do not'' phenomena. So, there will be a single 'geographically concentrated' group of satisfied and happy buyers with a case.
But then, the key question is: why USA as the first country/region and why not EU/Canada...etc?
Well, I suppose ''America first'' (as made known by a love-him-or-hate-him US political figure. OK...political joke stops here.😁)

ten13th

Trash Compacter
Aug 5, 2020
My analysis:- The initial batch has to be small. Subsequent batches will grow in size according to demand and factory outputs.
With a small first batch, it is better to offer all the cases to a single market/country rather than spreading the batch thin around the world, thus avoiding having many countries where ''some people get it while some do not'' phenomena. So, there will be a single 'geographically concentrated' group of satisfied and happy buyers with a case.
But then, the key question is: why USA as the first country/region and why not EU/Canada...etc?
Well, I suppose ''America first'' (as made known by a love-him-or-hate-him US political figure. OK...political joke stops here.😁)
US market is one of the largest continuous markets for most consumer products with one set of importing and logistic rules. It is just a simple ROI for a company to launch in US first, then expand into other markets. Even the largest corp, i.e. Apple phases its launches into markets, instead of a single global launch. There is also post-sale support, localization of collateral information, etc that a company has to think about.

tinyitx

Shrink Ray Wielder
Jan 25, 2018
US market is one of the largest continuous markets for most consumer products with one set of importing and logistic rules. It is just a simple ROI for a company to launch in US first, then expand into other markets. Even the largest corp, i.e. Apple phases its launches into markets, instead of a single global launch. There is also post-sale support, localization of collateral information, etc that a company has to think about.
Well...probably not Apple, at least with their iPhone 12 launch.
Each version of IP12 (Base/Mini/Pro/Pro Max) had a single major global launch (simultaneously in 30+ countries/regions).

Regarding Mesh-licious, IIRC, Wahaha360 mentioned (somewhere in this thread and I am too lazy to dig through) that he planned to have the case available to various market regions roughly at the same time so that people around the world can get it more or less equally (time-wise). At least, that was his original plan. And, obviously, this has changed.

Reactions: Soul_Est

Marvelm

Cable-Tie Ninja
Oct 20, 2017
Well...probably not Apple, at least with their iPhone 12 launch.
Each version of IP12 (Base/Mini/Pro/Pro Max) had a single major global launch (simultaneously in 30+ countries/regions).

Regarding Mesh-licious, IIRC, Wahaha360 mentioned (somewhere in this thread and I am too lazy to dig through) that he planned to have the case available to various market regions roughly at the same time so that people around the world can get it more or less equally (time-wise). At least, that was his original plan. And, obviously, this has changed.
Yeah, you have to agree that February and April are not really 'roughly the same time' ;) but what can you do, we're always fucked once it comes to hardware here in EU, so I'm not even surprised at this point.

Reactions: futurewau