Production Meshlicious Redesign - Vertical, 280AIO mainstream case

futurewau

Average Stuffer
Sep 20, 2019
Hello everyone,

I really really need some help. There was talk on reddit mentioning buying "longer" standoff screws so the Founders Edition Card can have more "breathing room".

Can someone explain to me how that works? Or where I can buy those (on aliexpress or amazon)? I really dont want to buy the wrong screws but I woul appreciate it so I can have the 3080 FE one slot away from the back of the motherboard.

tinyitx

Shrink Ray Wielder
Jan 25, 2018
Hello everyone,

I really really need some help. There was talk on reddit mentioning buying "longer" standoff screws so the Founders Edition Card can have more "breathing room".

Can someone explain to me how that works? Or where I can buy those (on aliexpress or amazon)? I really dont want to buy the wrong screws but I woul appreciate it so I can have the 3080 FE one slot away from the back of the motherboard.
The case uses a central spine. On 1 side of the spine is the mobo. On the other side is the GPU. The spine can move to provide more space to accommodate a thicker GPU. But, the position of the card relative to the mobo is fixed. If a 3080FE is used, the fan (further away from the IO bracket) will be close to the underside of the mobo, making its breathing difficult.

To improve the situation, longer risers (circled red in the pic) can be used to replace the stock ones so that the riser cable insert is extended away from the central spine/mobo.

Clear?

I do not know the size. I suppose it is standard mobo size M3, which should be found easily in any local PC hardware store. I would not bother to buy a few standoffs online.

futurewau

Average Stuffer
Sep 20, 2019
The case uses a central spine. On 1 side of the spine is the mobo. On the other side is the GPU. The spine can move to provide more space to accommodate a thicker GPU. But, the position of the card relative to the mobo is fixed. If a 3080FE is used, the fan (further away from the IO bracket) will be close to the underside of the mobo, making its breathing difficult.

To improve the situation, longer risers (circled red in the pic) can be used to replace the stock ones so that the riser cable insert is extended away from the central spine/mobo.

Clear?

I do not know the size. I suppose it is standard mobo size M3, which should be found easily in any local PC hardware store. I would not bother to buy a few standoffs online.

Thank you very much! That helps me a lot. Unfortunately I have to buy them online since every store is closed in my country due to Covid lockdown.

EscHatch

Minimal Tinkerer
New User
Jan 1, 2020

Clear?

Does anyone know if the length of the included gen 4 PCIe riser cable will accommodate the taller standoffs?

I'm in the same boat as OP, but with a 3090 FE. I believe one of the reviewers said temps were fine, but was thinking of putting the case in 4 slot GPU mode and offsetting the 3090 FE.

Anyone going to attempt to a full custom loop in this case? I was kind of wondering if Founder Edition water blocks could make it possible to print a bracket for a 92mm or 120mm rad at the top of the case, SFF gpu area.

No Hands 55

Chassis Packer
Feb 11, 2020
is there a way to put a fan at the top of the case? I am trying to think of a way to best exhaust a founders edition GPU.

will larger riser standoffs ever be available with the case to help the founders edition cards?

Reactions: oldlee1234

Navic

Master of Cramming
Jan 6, 2019
is there a way to put a fan at the top of the case? I am trying to think of a way to best exhaust a founders edition GPU.

will larger riser standoffs ever be available with the case to help the founders edition cards?
I dont think there is a mount for fans at the top.

And yes, using standoffs to space the FE card away from a solid surface so the flow through fan can breathe has been shown to work (FormD T1)

No Hands 55

Chassis Packer
Feb 11, 2020
I dont think there is a mount for fans at the top.

And yes, using standoffs to space the FE card away from a solid surface so the flow through fan can breathe has been shown to work (FormD T1)
i guess we will have to wait and see how some people build to figure out the most optimal spacing. i wish there was a fan over the top though that could exhaust all that gpu flow through hot air :/

oldlee1234

Cable Smoosher
Jun 14, 2020
Is it possible to add some mounting point for a 240 or 280m radiator on the GPU side?
Since it supports 4 slots VGA card (80mm), I am sure it should be enough space to add another radiator (28mm) with regular fan (25mm) when you water cooling your VGA card (still have 27mm left for VGA card).

Firebear

Trash Compacter
Oct 17, 2019
Is it possible to add some mounting point for a 240 or 280m radiator on the GPU side?
Since it supports 4 slots VGA card (80mm), I am sure it should be enough space to add another radiator (28mm) with regular fan (25mm) when you water cooling your VGA card (still have 27mm left for VGA card).

should be, yes. If I get the case I will probably do that and share a file to 3d print if someone else doesn't do it before me.

robojim

Airflow Optimizer
Jun 18, 2020
I feel like you'll have to mod that

Van0

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Mar 29, 2019
Are those the correct standoffs to buy to have more space for the FE?

They'd work fine, though you'd need to stack 3 on each corner to make the 20mm of a single GPU slot. I'd look at 20mm standoffs if you're going in 3-slot mode, or 30mm in 4-slot, just for simplicity.

Reactions: futurewau

wywywywy

Airflow Optimizer
Aug 12, 2016
They'd work fine, though you'd need to stack 3 on each corner to make the 20mm of a single GPU slot. I'd look at 20mm standoffs if you're going in 3-slot mode, or 30mm in 4-slot, just for simplicity.
You can't stack them, because the male thread is #6-32 UNC, and the female thread is M3.

Wahaha360

a.k.a W360
Original poster
SFFLAB
NCASE
SSUPD
Feb 23, 2015

No material difference in temps (<2.5C temp difference @ <1000RPM, within margin of error), so we didn't both trying to support it.

Wahaha360

a.k.a W360
Original poster
SFFLAB
NCASE
SSUPD
Feb 23, 2015
Hello everyone,

Does anyone know if the length of the included gen 4 PCIe riser cable will accommodate the taller standoffs?

I'm in the same boat as OP, but with a 3090 FE. I believe one of the reviewers said temps were fine, but was thinking of putting the case in 4 slot GPU mode and offsetting the 3090 FE.

Anyone going to attempt to a full custom loop in this case? I was kind of wondering if Founder Edition water blocks could make it possible to print a bracket for a 92mm or 120mm rad at the top of the case, SFF gpu area.

- The PCIe Riser standoff on the Meshlicious is 6.5mm tall and *female on both ends, tapped for #6-32 screw
- To move the 30XX FE GPU 1-GPU-Slot away is about 20.3mm
- To replace both the default Riser Standoff and add 1-GPU-Slot spacing, need 6.5 + 20.5 = 26.8mm, or 27mm
- Given #6-32 standoffs are difficult to find, 27mm tall M3 standoff are easier to buy, using M3 screws to secure (25mm are more common and will work also)

Both 1) *default 140mm PCIe 3.0 Riser and 2) upgraded LinkUP 140mm PCIe 4.0 will work with 1-GPU-Slot spacing on Mini-ITX motherboard.

Last edited: