Production Meshlicious Redesign - Vertical, 280AIO mainstream case

Valantar

Shrink Ray Wielder
Jan 20, 2018
I’m new to all the PCIE4 , I recently purchased Asus Strix B550-I for this build , I’m assuming I shouldn’t get a Gen4 SSD if I’m not getting gen4 riser at first as it wont be running full speed , as I’m assuming the front gen4 m.2 slot and the PCIe slot are both affected selecting Gen3 or Gen4 mode?
I think the PCIex16 slot (for display card) and the M.2_1 (for SSD) both receive their PCIe 4.0 lanes from the CPU (ie not from the chipset B550).
And, the Asus B550I BIOS manual seems to suggest that both can be independently adjusted regarding the link mode. I suppose, [Auto] is Gen4 for the PCIEX16 and M.2_1 Link Modes.
The PCIe signals for each come from different PCIe root complexes on the SoC (I've never seen a PCIe root complex providing more than 16 lanes), so the only reason their link speeds would be matched would be if a manufacturer took a shortcut in setting up their BIOS. Which is of course possible, but at least on paper these should be individually adjustable like in the Asus BIOS above.

robojim

Airflow Optimizer
Jun 18, 2020
Bought an SFX PSU in anticipation!

It's entertaining how tiny this is.

kippenvel

Efficiency Noob
Jan 12, 2021
I recently stumbled upon this case and am very interested. This forum had the most information I could find, so I registered to join the conversation.

I want to downsize my case. Unfortunately most ITX cases only support a 240mm radiator, that's just not enough for a CPU+GPU loop. The 280mm radiator support from this case is genious! Also a vertical layout is preferred, to maximise desk space. It seems my watercooled 2080 Ti will fit in this case. I will just have to figure out if I can squeeze a small pump/rad combo in there or if I will have to go for a cpu/pump combo.

Does anyone know what the maximum radiator and fan thickness is? Will a 30mm thick push pull config fit?

Valantar

Shrink Ray Wielder
Jan 20, 2018
I recently stumbled upon this case and am very interested. This forum had the most information I could find, so I registered to join the conversation.

I want to downsize my case. Unfortunately most ITX cases only support a 240mm radiator, that's just not enough for a CPU+GPU loop. The 280mm radiator support from this case is genious! Also a vertical layout is preferred, to maximise desk space. It seems my watercooled 2080 Ti will fit in this case. I will just have to figure out if I can squeeze a small pump/rad combo in there or if I will have to go for a cpu/pump combo.

Does anyone know what the maximum radiator and fan thickness is? Will a 30mm thick push pull config fit?
Welcome to the forums! Maximum radiator+fan thickness is 62mm, so push-pull isn't happening. Push-pull setups are generally quite inefficient in terms of space/cooling (a thicker radiator with one set of fans typically performs better compared to the volume needed), so there are very few SFF cases out there supporting them.

There ought to be room for a small pump somewhere, at least in the GPU compartment - standalone DDC pumps are quite compact after all. There's also options like Alphacool's DC-LT pumps if you want even smaller. For pump+block combos you have the Alphacool LT Solo (uses the aforementioned DC-LT pump) that's relatively cheap and widely available, but not very high performance, and custom offerings like the Nouvolo Aquanaut DDC pump-block combo that fits a DDC pump of your choice. There's also a Barrow DDC pump-block combo, though that's quite a bit taller than the Aquanaut.

There are also other cases you might want to consider (either available or upcoming) with 280mm rad support: the Dan C4, Cooler Master NR200, Winter One, Sliger SV590 (360mm) (and likely a bunch more that I can't remember right now).

Edit: got Barrow and Bykski mixed up :p

Last edited:

Boil

SFF Guru
Nov 11, 2015
...if I will have to go for a cpu/pump combo.

Might the Barrow pump / micro rez / cpu block combo fit, in three slot mode...?

62mm maximum thickness of radiator & fans; so with (optimal) 25mm thick fans, a 30mm rad would be best (most common)...?

...so push-pull isn't happening.
Four 12x15 PWM fans with a 280x30mm rad would be push-pull...

Not GOOD push-pull, but...

;^p

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Valantar

DrHudacris

King of Cable Management
Jul 20, 2019
Welcome to the forums! Maximum radiator+fan thickness is 62mm, so push-pull isn't happening. Push-pull setups are generally quite inefficient in terms of space/cooling (a thicker radiator with one set of fans typically performs better compared to the volume needed), so there are very few SFF cases out there supporting them.

There ought to be room for a small pump somewhere, at least in the GPU compartment - standalone DDC pumps are quite compact after all. There's also options like Alphacool's DC-LT pumps if you want even smaller. For pump+block combos you have the Alphacool LT Solo (uses the aforementioned DC-LT pump) that's relatively cheap and widely available, but not very high performance, and custom offerings like the Nouvolo Aquanaut DDC pump-block combo that fits a DDC pump of your choice. There's also a Barrow DDC pump-block combo, though that's quite a bit taller than the Aquanaut.

There are also other cases you might want to consider (either available or upcoming) with 280mm rad support: the Dan C4, Cooler Master NR200, Winter One, Sliger SV590 (360mm) (and likely a bunch more that I can't remember right now).

Edit: got Barrow and Bykski mixed up :p
Also adding Sliger SM580 and the new SV540 to the list!

Reactions: Valantar

illusive

Caliper Novice
Jan 12, 2021
I am obsessed with this case, I literally registered just to join on in the conversation. This will be my very first SFF build and it is the perfect case for me because it ticks all the boxes for me:

• White Colorway
  • Vertical Case
  • Small Form Factor
  • Availability
  • 280mm Radiator
  • Mesh
  • TG (Non-Tinted, yeah I'm the minority on this)

I've been eyeing the FormD T1 for quite sometime but they recently had a manufacturing issue and discontinued the e-white colorway. Plus their availability and turn-around time is ridiculous.

I'm so glad this case is coming to fruition and already have an ASUS X570 Strix-i on order, just hunting for an SF750 PSU and 32GB G.Skill RAM B-Die.

I've been doing a ton of research for the past couple days trying to figure what is the best configuration for this case. I am looking at mini Pump/Reservoir combos and I couldn't find anything for a D5 pump. Some of my research led me to using one of the following options:

• Barrow CPU/Pump/Reservoir Combo
  • Mini DDC 3.2 Pump w/ Reservoir (I'm not sure if there's any smaller ones but I came across the Phanteks R160)
  • D5 Pump?

Reactions: vMarco

Bramble

Efficiency Noob
Jan 5, 2021
Might the Barrow pump / micro rez / cpu block combo fit, in three slot mode...?

62mm maximum thickness of radiator & fans; so with (optimal) 25mm thick fans, a 30mm rad would be best (most common)...?

Four 12x15 PWM fans with a 280x30mm rad would be push-pull...

Not GOOD push-pull, but...

;^p
I remember someone asking noctua and they said 2x12x15 was more effective static pressure than a single 12x25

Valantar

Shrink Ray Wielder
Jan 20, 2018
I remember someone asking noctua and they said 2x12x15 was more effective static pressure than a single 12x25
That might be, but at the cost of (significantly) more noise. Not only is the NF-A12x15 louder at 1850rpm than the NF-A12x25 is at 2000 rpm, but you'd also have two of x15, adding another ~3dBA of noise. The NF-A12x25 also delivers more pressure (and only slightly less airflow) at 1700rpm (with the included low noise adapter) than the x15, while the x15 loses 1/3rd of its pressure using the LNA. There's also the question of radiator density - most radiators these days are high airflow, low fin density designs, meaning that the increased pressure of two x15s might not get you any actual increase in airflow compared to a single x25.

sorokyl

Chassis Packer
Dec 29, 2020
If you're really concerned with performance, You'd get the 3000 RPM industrial Noctuas. They are comparable noise at lower RPMs, and if needed can obviously be cranked up to push as much heat as your loop can move. It will be quieterthan 2x12x15 at the same performance, and cheaper. Only downside is that their rated minimum RPM is quite high (~800?) although some units get quite lower.

I went this route. Now I just need the hwlabs radiators to come back in stock

futurewau

Average Stuffer
Sep 20, 2019
I am obsessed with this case, I literally registered just to join on in the conversation. This will be my very first SFF build and it is the perfect case for me because it ticks all the boxes for me:

• White Colorway
  • Vertical Case
  • Small Form Factor
  • Availability
  • 280mm Radiator
  • Mesh
  • TG (Non-Tinted, yeah I'm the minority on this)

I've been eyeing the FormD T1 for quite sometime but they recently had a manufacturing issue and discontinued the e-white colorway. Plus their availability and turn-around time is ridiculous.

I'm so glad this case is coming to fruition and already have an ASUS X570 Strix-i on order, just hunting for an SF750 PSU and 32GB G.Skill RAM B-Die.

I've been doing a ton of research for the past couple days trying to figure what is the best configuration for this case. I am looking at mini Pump/Reservoir combos and I couldn't find anything for a D5 pump. Some of my research led me to using one of the following options:

• Barrow CPU/Pump/Reservoir Combo
  • Mini DDC 3.2 Pump w/ Reservoir (I'm not sure if there's any smaller ones but I came across the Phanteks R160)
  • D5 Pump?
Im doing the same. Was considering the FormD T1 but the RIDICULOUS price + slow communication and shipping turned me off (plus their issues and raising prices now because they had bad production contracts?)

I just wish we could get some preorder date so I can start planning here in europe.

Marvelm

Cable-Tie Ninja
Oct 20, 2017
Anyone else noticed this on the site?

Does this mean the cable will be certified?

Honestly at this moment I would never buy it for 80$, sure it might be a hassle to set up/update bios, but it's not worth more than half the value of the case for me.

robojim

Airflow Optimizer
Jun 18, 2020
Honestly at this moment I would never buy it for 80$, sure it might be a hassle to set up/update bios, but it's not worth more than half the value of the case for me.
Aren't the standalone ones at like 60 or so anyway? I'm willing to wait on a riser too

DrHudacris

King of Cable Management
Jul 20, 2019
This is comical...

Consumers: why can't you include the 4.0 riser?! It's such a hassle to rebuild whenever I have to reset CMOS etc
Manu: Cost, inconsistency, not gaurantee to work with all motherboard and configs.
Consumer: can you at least OFFER one?!
Manu: ok...

Consumer: wtf, I'm not paying that much..I'd rather just rebuild

Kit

Cable-Tie Ninja
Nov 2, 2019
I've ended up buying a Fractal Core 500 as I needed a case before the Meshy-boi or NR200 were available in my region.

I think ill probably wait until a reliable 4.0 solution is available before I buy a case that requires a riser.

$80 seems quite excessive but then again we don't know what the failure rate is?

Marvelm

Cable-Tie Ninja
Oct 20, 2017
This is comical...

Consumers: why can't you include the 4.0 riser?! It's such a hassle to rebuild whenever I have to reset CMOS etc
Manu: Cost, inconsistency, not gaurantee to work with all motherboard and configs.
Consumer: can you at least OFFER one?!
Manu: ok...

Consumer: wtf, I'm not paying that much..I'd rather just rebuild

Except I never asked for a PCIe 4.0 riser with this case so don't put other people words in my mouth ;)