Production Meshlicious Redesign - Vertical, 280AIO mainstream case

obnoxiousbehavior

Chassis Packer
Oct 31, 2019
There should be a buying OPTION for (Case + 1 Mesh Panel + 1 Mesh Panel) I don't care if it's $10 extra for this option I would buy it (I know Mesh is more expensive than TG). I really really like the case but for the most part it's for the enthusiast or someone who cares about thermals in SFF builds so another buying option would be ideal for all parties. I guess I'll have to wait for further reviews and see what thermals are like with that one TG panel. Also I don't know where the TG panel popularity theory comes from in SFF, What it is based on or What this case is being compared to? O11 Dynamic, XL & Mini? Anyway it is what it is.

I hope it's not too hard to implement this buying OPTION. I would hate to have my GPU running 80c+ stock, A useless TG panel that I won't use, To then buying a Mesh Panel separately in a separate order which means I'm spending $150 min and that's without other accessories I will probably need too. That's a headache.

Sorry if this seems too negative but someone has to be real here especially with the NR200 and O11 Mini (mid tower haha insert meme) being under $90!! O11M has TG panels but without a single worry, Both support Mini DTX, Both don't need accessories, Both support the longest GPU's, Both have better watercooling options, Both have native PCI-e 4.0 support so no need to strip or rebuild after bios updates!!!

Don't give me that "dead horse" answer please I'm simply inquiring about an option, I'm not demanding a change to their entire manufacturing.

But on a positive the Meshlicious is still on my mind and I'm awaiting further reviews, Definately in my 3 choices. But most likely all 3 would be out of stock lol.

Well their website says no Mini DTX support that is.

I'm simply inquiring for a purchasing option but here you go with your "passive-aggressive response". No one is asking them to get rid of the TG panels from their website reIax, What's wrong with having a full mesh version AND a TG version separately for people to buy/choose from? +$30 for Mesh and +$30 for 90 degree DP 1.4 cable is ridiculous that's $200 in total. I said "Useless TG panel" because it'll be a waste for me since I prefer Mesh only. But like I said I'll wait for more reviews/changes and won't judge straight away.

I didn't say I was watercooling but would like for it to be an option in the future for myself which is also why I mentioned the O11 Mini (one of MY options) because of the insane watercooling capability and yes I know it's not SFF but if I'm going for a TG panel case it would be that personally for the "looks and RGB" mainstream. Comparisons should be made with the NR200 it's the main competitor, "kind of boring" sounds like you're being based tbh.

Mainly my options are either this or NR200, Which is why I said even for $130 I'd buy the full Mesh variant of this case. It's an easy fix, KIND OF similar to how Lian Li have 2 variants of the Lancool 2 Mesh/RGB. It's a win/win and everyone is happy :)
hmmm i feel like i've heard these exact sentiments....like EXACT to the tee from other users. account created at 1:33 am today. hmm maybe pot stirring. people need to chill and read an have constructive conversations. calling things useless purely based on the fact they don't work for "you" is ignorant. there are a lot of people that want a TG panel. plain and simple.

some of your points are valid and should be looked at but if anyone is being "passive-aggressive"/aggressive its you.

DrHudacris

King of Cable Management
Jul 20, 2019
hmmm i feel like i've heard these exact sentiments....like EXACT to the tee from other users. account created at 1:33 am today. hmm maybe pot stirring. people need to chill and read an have constructive conversations. calling things useless purely based on the fact they don't work for "you" is ignorant. there are a lot of people that want a TG panel. plain and simple.

some of your points are valid and should be looked at but if anyone is being "passive-aggressive"/aggressive its you.
Yeah we really need a panel swap thread. Swap tinted for regular glass, swap glass for mesh. A whole new secondary market! 🤣

Kit

Cable-Tie Ninja
Nov 2, 2019
I'm simply inquiring for a purchasing option but here you go with your "passive-aggressive response". No one is asking them to get rid of the TG panels from their website reIax, What's wrong with having a full mesh version AND a TG version separately for people to buy/choose from? +$30 for Mesh and +$30 for 90 degree DP 1.4 cable is ridiculous that's $200 in total. I said "Useless TG panel" because it'll be a waste for me since I prefer Mesh only. But like I said I'll wait for more reviews/changes and won't judge straight away.

I didn't say I was watercooling but would like for it to be an option in the future for myself which is also why I mentioned the O11 Mini (one of MY options) because of the insane watercooling capability and yes I know it's not SFF but if I'm going for a TG panel case it would be that personally for the "looks and RGB" mainstream. Comparisons should be made with the NR200 it's the main competitor, "kind of boring" sounds like you're being based tbh.

Mainly my options are either this or NR200, Which is why I said even for $130 I'd buy the full Mesh variant of this case. It's an easy fix, KIND OF similar to how Lian Li have 2 variants of the Lancool 2 Mesh/RGB. It's a win/win and everyone is happy :)

I really don't see how you expect to be taken seriously with such a poor attitude, there's an easy way to engage with people without all the abrasion.

That said I imagine if this case is a commercial success, I can see options being opened up later... but to expect them to adjust their launch is at best unreasonable (if that is what you are suggesting).

sorokyl

Chassis Packer
Dec 29, 2020
Are we really not all gonna just order all of the combos to try it out???
I'm actually kind of bummed about the tinted glass panel. I'm gonna put a lot of time+$ into customs sleeving cables, I want to show it off. So I'm buying at least 1 clear panel (and probably 1 extra mesh panel, and maybe a second clear panel lol.

Stargazer

Trash Compacter
Jan 2, 2020
I'm actually kind of bummed about the tinted glass panel. I'm gonna put a lot of time+$ into customs sleeving cables, I want to show it off. So I'm buying at least 1 clear panel (and probably 1 extra mesh panel, and maybe a second clear panel lol.
I’ll put the tinted TG to the CPU side. I just want to Z63 CPU block to be visible.

Marvelm

Cable-Tie Ninja
Oct 20, 2017

If you're from Europe, I will probably trade you the clear panel from the white case for a tinted one :D

gosu

Chassis Packer
Dec 29, 2020

Per their insta
Bless, no need to order an extra TG

Boil

SFF Guru
Nov 11, 2015
I know it is a moot point, because decisions have already been made...

And I know there are those who will get all butthurt about this, because how dare anyone have an opinion...!

I, after all my bitching & whining, will not be getting this chassis because I do not want to buy a PCIe riser cable to replace the one it comes with (W360 sez I need a longer riser cable to get around the extra bit of the mDTX mobo)...

Looks like it will be a Cooler Master NR200 while I wait and see what the DanCase C4-SFX (which would limt me to a 240 AIO or a slim 140 fan in one of the fan slots on a 280 AIO to clear the SO-DIMM.2 daughtercard) or the FormD T1 EVO bring to the table...! ;^p

And I am really not wanting to get into a chassis with a riser cable, seems direct GPU to mobo is the way to go for reliability & getting all one can get out of their PCIe Gen4 system...!!!

New High Hopes for T1 EVO in a traditional mode (GPU -> mobo; no PCIe riser cable) being the solution for my C8I woes...?!?

obnoxiousbehavior

Chassis Packer
Oct 31, 2019

And I know there are those who will get all butthurt about this, because how dare anyone have an opinion...!

I, after all my bitching & whining, will not be getting this chassis because I do not want to buy a PCIe riser cable to replace the one it comes with (W360 sez I need a longer riser cable to get around the extra bit of the mDTX mobo)...

Looks like it will be a Cooler Master NR200 while I wait and see what the DanCase C4-SFX (which would limt me to a 240 AIO or a slim 140 fan in one of the fan slots on a 280 AIO to clear the SO-DIMM.2 daughtercard) or the FormD T1 EVO bring to the table...! ;^p

And I am really not wanting to get into a chassis with a riser cable, seems direct GPU to mobo is the way to go for reliability & getting all one can get out of their PCIe Gen4 system...!!!

New High Hopes for T1 EVO in a traditional mode (GPU -> mobo; no PCIe riser cable) being the solution for my C8I woes...?!?
bye!
👋

gosu

Chassis Packer
Dec 29, 2020

More options = more power to the consumers. Thats a big nono for our corporate overlords. But hey what can you do they either listen or they count their sheckles
&
Are certified 4.0 risers out already?!

Reactions: Kizzster

Kizzster

Cable Smoosher
Jan 8, 2021
Except the maker of the case already said that the default combo for the 120$ price will be TG+mesh and explained the choice clearly. Maybe he offers a more expensive full mesh option but I highly doubt that, probably makes no sense from the financial standpoint.

By kind of boring, I meant the comparison, not the NR200 itself, it's a great case.

And obviously by watercooling I meant an AIO, this case is made specifically for AIOs so I see absolutely no reason someone would buy it if he wanted to aircool the CPU.

Also let's be real, you can buy a 90 degree DP cable for much less than that so hardly anyone will buy the 30$ cable from their website.
I understand, Yeah hopefully there are more options later on after pre-orders which will also be plenty of time for reviews and testing to be done by others.
By watercooling I thought you meant a custom loop not AIO, No way would I air cool the CPU in this case.

Is the 90 Degree DP 1.4 cable included with the case? I can't remember but if not would this adapter be fine for 4K 160hz DSC? I plan on getting the LG 27GN950 which can be OC'd to 160hz.
Asked and answered previously in the thread. Two new all-mesh SKUs for global distribution would cost way more than $10 over the stock configuration. It would likely cost as much as just buying a separate mesh panel, if not more. Why? Because of a combination of factors, from the logistics of producing, packing, stocking and transporting twice the number of SKUs (which, to be clear, is very complicated and work-intensive), to sales numbers (if distributors were willing to order a TG-less SKU at all it would be in much lower quantities up until a point where they could see that demand necessitated increasing order quantities), to parts costs. Creating more SKUs also means increasing stock numbers throughout the manufacturing and distribution chain, and any case made/bought and not sold is a net cost to whoever has it in stock. The longer it sits in stock, the more expensive it is, binding up money that could have been used for ordering other stock, paying bills, paying wages, etc. Twice the SKUs of a single product equals far more than twice the financial risk.

As for where we're getting TG panel popularity from: distributors. I.e. the companies that we need to buy the cases from the manufacturers to sell them on to retailers around the globe. If they refuse to touch a TG-less product, that's that. Unless there's hard data to support something else, they're not going to budge. And remember, as has been stated ad infinitum earlier in this thread, this is a mass market product. Which means mass market audiences, who generally are not overly concerned about thermals and seem to currently really like TG cases. Us enthusiasts who would prefer all mesh are a tiny proportion of the overall target market for this case.

The only way we would have any chance of getting an all-mesh SKU would be through direct sales from SSUPD, which would mean it wouldn't ship to all countries, shipping would be expensive and/or slow, etc.

As for the comparisons you are mentioning: one is a relatively mainstream ITX mid-tower heavily based on a previous design, and likely re-using a lot of tooling from previous cases, which is a massive cost savings. The other is a cheap, high-value ITX case from a manufacturer that mostly focuses on value, and it has well documented QC issues. It also has very straightforward stamped-hole metal plate side panels, not the far superior mesh material of a case like this. The Meshlicious is a premium-grade ITX case significantly smaller than both of these while delivering comparable if not superior flexibility, likely better thermals, and from a brand-new company (even having backing from Lian-Li isn't the same as being Lian-Li). Also, the NR200 is only available in the TG-equipped SKU in a lot of locations. That's certainly the case here in the Nordics, at least.
That has cleared up some stuff for me thanks!

Nothing I said is a copy and paste or replication of anyone else's words and I'm certainly not pot stirring. The TG panel was called useless for me because buying the case to buy a mesh panel would result in the TG panel lying around somewhere without a use. I didn't say there's a issue with the case coming with a TG panel which is why I inquired about the full mesh option as a second choice which could possibly be an option later on after pre-orders who knows. There is no aggression towards anyone.
I really don't see how you expect to be taken seriously with such a poor attitude, there's an easy way to engage with people without all the abrasion.

That said I imagine if this case is a commercial success, I can see options being opened up later... but to expect them to adjust their launch is at best unreasonable (if that is what you are suggesting).
There is no attitude, Quoting or disagreeing with someone doesn't mean there is a poor attitude but I think it's all cleared up now and wasn't indented to disrespect anyone's views.

I wasn't suggesting an adjustment to their launch but hopefully after pre-orders there could be more options if this case will be a commercial success which I think it will if there's plenty of stock etc, Like OT said it's the SSF case to beat.

tinyitx

Shrink Ray Wielder
Jan 25, 2018
Is the 90 Degree DP 1.4 cable included with the case? I can't remember but if not would this adapter be fine for 4K 160hz DSC? I plan on getting the LG 27GN950 which can be OC'd to 160hz.
90 Degree / Right Angle HDMI 1.4 cable comes in the box. But, 90 Degree / Right Angle DisplayPort cable is not. Note these are cables and not adapters. See the FAQ and Accessories section.

The adapter in your link is rated ''4096x2160@144Hz 4:4:4 8bit'' in Lindy spec. So, 160Hz is not supported natively.

Reactions: Kizzster

Stargazer

Trash Compacter
Jan 2, 2020
90 Degree / Right Angle HDMI 1.4 cable comes in the box. But, 90 Degree / Right Angle DisplayPort cable is not. Note these are cables and not adapters. See the FAQ and Accessories section.

The adapter in your link is rated ''4096x2160@144Hz 4:4:4 8bit'' in Lindy spec. So, 160Hz is not supported natively.
Can I use the adapter for CHG70?

Boil

SFF Guru
Nov 11, 2015
It seems the best orientation, if an adapter is needed, is the 90° / Right Angle "Up" configuration...?

But it also seems, if one's GPU is not too long, that raising the GPU bracket (and therefore the GPU itself) up as far as allowed might also enable one to use standard cables...?

A few build videos (air-cooled / AIO / full-loop) would be cool to see...! Wonder if more units will be distributed to various techtubers...? Maybe some like:

Hardware Canucks
Gamers Nexus
Linus Tech Tips
Paul's Hardware
Bitwit
Gear Seekers
Jayz2Cents
Etc. ...

There has been a trend for mainstream SFF cases, get a chassis out to a bunch of techtubers & then there is a slew of assorted techtuber videos on launch day...!

Valantar

Shrink Ray Wielder
Jan 20, 2018
It seems the best orientation, if an adapter is needed, is the 90° / Right Angle "Up" configuration...?

But it also seems, if one's GPU is not too long, that raising the GPU bracket (and therefore the GPU itself) up as far as allowed might also enable one to use standard cables...?

A few build videos (air-cooled / AIO / full-loop) would be cool to see...! Wonder if more units will be distributed to various techtubers...? Maybe some like:

Hardware Canucks
Gamers Nexus
Linus Tech Tips
Paul's Hardware
Bitwit
Gear Seekers
Jayz2Cents
Etc. ...

There has been a trend for mainstream SFF cases, get a chassis out to a bunch of techtubers & then there is a slew of assorted techtuber videos on launch day...!
Waha said in post #589 of this thread that moving the GPU support struts upwards allows for up to 46mm of clearance for display output cables. That's something, but not sufficient for most cables. My DP connector alone sticks out 36.5mm from the GPU, with the strain relief increasing that to 46mm. The tightest 90° bend I can get it into without feeling like I'm going to damage something is 54mm. And that's one of the smaller DP connectors I've used. There are smaller connectors, but for DP you'd need one of the new style latchless designs, as nothing with the standard latching mechanism is likely to be small enough.

HDMI will be easier, as the connectors are often a lot smaller (though not always), but is still less than ideal. A 90° adapter is definitely the way to go with this case.

Marvelm

Cable-Tie Ninja
Oct 20, 2017
Waha said in post #589 of this thread that moving the GPU support struts upwards allows for up to 46mm of clearance for display output cables. That's something, but not sufficient for most cables. My DP connector alone sticks out 36.5mm from the GPU, with the strain relief increasing that to 46mm. The tightest 90° bend I can get it into without feeling like I'm going to damage something is 54mm. And that's one of the smaller DP connectors I've used. There are smaller connectors, but for DP you'd need one of the new style latchless designs, as nothing with the standard latching mechanism is likely to be small enough.

HDMI will be easier, as the connectors are often a lot smaller (though not always), but is still less than ideal. A 90° adapter is definitely the way to go with this case.

Yeah, my DP cables will definitely not bend to be shorter than 53-54mm either. Remember you should probably be fine with a right angle 90 degree cable like this one:
Amazon

By looking at the video there is enough space to use cables bent that way and still route it outside the case, not only the 90 degree flat ones that are available as accessories on the ssupd website.

Reactions: Valantar

Chassis Packer
Sep 20, 2020
Yeah, my DP cables will definitely not bend to be shorter than 53-54mm either. Remember you should probably be fine with a right angle 90 degree cable like this one:
Amazon

By looking at the video there is enough space to use cables bent that way and still route it outside the case, not only the 90 degree flat ones that are available as accessories on the ssupd website.
The cable you linked on Amazon might not fit because it will hit the Side Panel on the GPU-side. You might bend in a way that it would but there could possibly be no space. You should buy the right adapter/cable angled like followed: this Adapter will run out of the case making disconnecting the DP-cable easy.

Reactions: Valantar

Chassis Packer
Sep 20, 2020
The cable you linked on Amazon might not fit because it will hit the Side Panel on the GPU-side. You might bend in a way that it would but there could possibly be no space. You should buy the right adapter/cable angled like followed: this Adapter will run out of the case making disconnecting the DP-cable easy.
So i dont think that you will be able to bent it 90 degrees so i will fit, the adapter is a much easier option, you will always be able to disconnect and reconnect the DP-cable if you want to transport your case, no need to take off side panels.