Meanwell Hookup Kit [Pre-Order][Closed]

Hello. This is the first run of the hook-up kit. It may be the only run, as I'm more of an R&D guy but I want to push the viability of Meanwell PSU for users.

LINK COMPLETE REQUEST FORM

[Original Thread for Discussion]

This is a pre-order for the kits. Each kit is individually quoted, about $20-30 ship for most kits. Pricing will depend on how many requests. Upon closing this run, payments must be made as all kits are custom.

These kits are DIY kits, so they won't come with fancy packaging or marketing materials.

Basic Kit comes with two flavors:
- Completed. Terminals have been crimped, heatwrap applied, etc.
- Uncompleted. Comes with all the wires, heatwrap, terminals, connectors that you need to make it. Tools required.

What you can hook up:
- EPP100 with 5.5/2.5mm plug. Use with a APU or Intel CPU or low power dGPU.
- EPP200 with 4pin Molex Use with a Mini-box 160XT or G-Unique for CPU + 75W GPU.
- EPP300/400 with 4pin Molex + 6pin GPU. Use with Mini-box 160XT or G-Unique to power a CPU + 120W GPU.

Wiring Specs:
- I will be using 18AWG or 16AWG where applicable, black.
- Please measure your wiring needs. If unknown, 300mm - 250mm would reach most connectors in an SFF build.
- I am not responsible for incorrect measurements.
- Tolerance of +/- 10mm.

Shipping will be via USPS. I can also ship to EU but it will be more expensive. International shipping will be up to the Gods whether your package actually gets there.

LINK COMPLETE REQUEST FORM

Disclaimer:
- You will be working with an industrial power supply (Meanwell) and DIY kits. Do so at your own risk.
- All kits are made to order, no refunds. Please message me if you have defects.
- If you requested the wrong measurements, you will not receive refunds.

Notice the few number of cables.

Last edited:

aquelito

King of Cable Management
Piccolo PC
Feb 16, 2016
Nice ! I would be interested in a EPP-400 hook up kit, completed.

Do you think the EPP-400 could handle two GTX 1060 and a 65W CPU (with a 40mm fan blowing on its side) ?

Thehack

Spatial Philosopher
Original poster
Creator
Mar 6, 2016
J-hackcompany.com
Nice ! I would be interested in a EPP-400 hook up kit, completed.

Do you think the EPP-400 could handle two GTX 1060 and a 65W CPU (with a 40mm fan blowing on its side) ?

It sounds like it should be able to handle that. You're looking 330W total system consumption, and you have 70W for headroom. Issue is you may have trouble fitting 3 ring terminals on the output terminals on the stock screws. You would probably have to use a longer screw, some spacing washers to fit 3 terminals.

Why two 1060 though? They don't run in SLI... is this for a workstation?

aquelito

King of Cable Management
Piccolo PC
Feb 16, 2016
Thanks a lot for your answer @Thehack.

Yes, this is indeed for a GPU-based 3D rendering workstation, knowing that a GTX 1070 consumes around 80 watts when rendering.
Would you be able to provide the extra long screws you are mentioning ?

Thehack

Spatial Philosopher
Original poster
Creator
Mar 6, 2016
J-hackcompany.com
Thanks a lot for your answer @Thehack.

Yes, this is indeed for a GPU-based 3D rendering workstation, knowing that a GTX 1070 consumes around 80 watts when rendering.
Would you be able to provide the extra long screws you are mentioning ?

I should be able to. They are M4 screws. If not, then you can just stop by any kind of parts store and get some along with nuts or spacing washers.

Coach_Rico

Average Stuffer
Mar 16, 2017
@Thehack on the pre-order you have the choice between C14 and C6 power entry choices. Is the C6 that much smaller than the C14? I like to use the EPP-200 with the mini box 160XT inside an S4 mini with i3-6100/GTX 1050ti and 2 SSDs.

Last edited:

Thehack

Spatial Philosopher
Original poster
Creator
Mar 6, 2016
J-hackcompany.com
@Thehack on the pre-order you have the choice between C14 and C6 power entry choices. Is the C6 that much smaller than the C14? I like to use the EPP-200 with the mini box 160XT inside an S4 mini with i3-6100/GTX 1060ti and 2 SSDs.

Yes. It solidly smaller than the C14. If you are modifying inside an S4 Mini, I highly recommend the C6 over C14. The overall width of it is 12mm slimmer, 3mm shorter.

The EPP200 should power your components solidly. I will be showcasing a G4560 (same as i3) and an RX 460 in a custom build myself.

Last edited:
Reactions: ||| and Coach_Rico

Coach_Rico

Average Stuffer
Mar 16, 2017
Yes. It solidly smaller than the C14. If you are modifying inside an S4 Mini, I highly recommend the C6 over C14. The overall width of it is 12mm slimmer, 3mm shorter.

The EPP200 should power your components solidly. I will be showcasing a G4560 (same as i3) and an RX 460 in a custom build myself.
are you also building in a S4 mini? I am very interested placing a pre-order for one of your completed kits but I am still confused about wire lengths, connector etc for my specific build. I would not want to order any wires that I don't need while being able to upgrade to a M2 drive at some point. I have 2 SSDs in my build now and will I be able able to remove SATA power connectors if I go the M2 route in the future?

Thehack

Spatial Philosopher
Original poster
Creator
Mar 6, 2016
J-hackcompany.com
are you also building in a S4 mini? I am very interested placing a pre-order for one of your completed kits but I am still confused about wire lengths, connector etc for my specific build. I would not want to order any wires that I don't need while being able to upgrade to a M2 drive at some point. I have 2 SSDs in my build now and will I be able able to remove SATA power connectors if I go the M2 route in the future?

1. If you are using an 160XT, you should select Mini Fit 4 pin for output.
2. M.2 drives uses the socket power. This kit does not affect it.
3. These connectors are for powering your DC-DC board. Powering your SSDs is a matter of your DC-DC solution. I do not own one, but the 160XT peripherals (SATA/4pin MOLEX) may be just a simple connector. In that case, you can disconnect it. If it is soldered on, you will can just cut it, and heatshrink the ends. However, if you cut it you will not be able to get it back without rewiring it.
4. I will be building a custom case to showcase my Mod Corner concept.
5. For lengths, if you want custom lengths, then I recommend getting a piece of paper, drawing the layout of the case (if you havent bought it) and then using a yarn/string and measure out how you expect to route it. Then define the lengths and add 30mm for slack (just in case!). If you already have the case, do the same likewise. If you can't decide, draw the layout of your build then I'll give it a ballpark length. This length will be longer than you need though.

Last edited:
Reactions: Coach_Rico

aquelito

King of Cable Management
Piccolo PC
Feb 16, 2016
I should be able to. They are M4 screws. If not, then you can just stop by any kind of parts store and get some along with nuts or spacing washers.

Thanks.

I need 3 different DC outputs :
- one 4 pin Mini-Fit Jr for the 12V DC board (mini-box or G-Unique).
- two 6 pin Mini-Fit Jr for both GPUs.

I would end up with 3 wire harness "stacked" on each other or all 12V/GND wires crimped on the same ring connector, like on HDPLEX 160W ?

How can I specify it on the order form ?

Thehack

Spatial Philosopher
Original poster
Creator
Mar 6, 2016
J-hackcompany.com
Thanks.

I need 3 different DC outputs :
- one 4 pin Mini-Fit Jr for the 12V DC board (mini-box or G-Unique).
- two 6 pin Mini-Fit Jr for both GPUs.

I would end up with 3 wire harness "stacked" on each other or all 12V/GND wires crimped on the same ring connector, like on HDPLEX 160W ?

How can I specify it on the order form ?

Go ahead and fill out the form with what you need. Then we have a base-line capture. Your scenario is pretty unique, so this will take some collaboration. You can message me through private messaging here, or through my email. Just give me a message if you want it.

Regarding the connectors, they will be stacked. At most, I can only do 2 wires per ring terminal. So I can do 2 stacked high, 1 for your DC-DC board, and 1 for both of your 6 pin PCIe.

If you do two wires per terminal, you will have to get a new order or re-terminate them if you want separate them. It's up to you.

Do you know the power consumption of your target workload? If your consumption maxes out the the 2xGPU and CPU, you should go for the G-Unique, or have a separate 4pin CPU.

Reactions: aquelito

aquelito

King of Cable Management
Piccolo PC
Feb 16, 2016
Cool, thanks for your support.

Targeted power consumption should not exceed 300W.

I am going to finalize the layout in CAD to get the right wire lengths.
I'll send it to you beginning of next week to have a base for our cooporation :)

In the meantime I'm going to fill the order form.

cmyk78

Master of Cramming
Jun 7, 2016
I have three questions about the kit
  1. What is the mounting hole spacing of the EPP-400?
  2. Will you include standoffs in the kit?
  3. With the EPP-400 will you support 8 pin gpu and cpu connectors?
I'm planning to use the Pico-box Z2-ATX-160 only for the 24pin connector and running the both 8 pins for the cpu and gpu off the Meanwell.

chx

Master of Cramming
May 18, 2016
I am wondering whether I could squeeze an 1050 Ti LP into http://inpc.com.ua/data/dw62.html if I replaced the PSU of it with an EPP 200 and a Pico PSU 150 / G-Unique. The original power supply is 178mm x 51 mm x 37 mm while the EPP is 101.66mm x 50.8mm x 29mm which makes me think it will fit, on one dimension it will even fit perfectly. Drawings http://inpc.com.ua/data/inpc_products/psu/dp010/dp010_en.pdf here.

Would this work? Or should I just use the S4 Mini :)

Thehack

Spatial Philosopher
Original poster
Creator
Mar 6, 2016
J-hackcompany.com
I am wondering whether I could squeeze an 1050 Ti LP into http://inpc.com.ua/data/dw62.html if I replaced the PSU of it with an EPP 200 and a Pico PSU 150 / G-Unique. The original power supply is 178mm x 51 mm x 37 mm while the EPP is 101.66mm x 50.8mm x 29mm which makes me think it will fit, on one dimension it will even fit perfectly. Drawings http://inpc.com.ua/data/inpc_products/psu/dp010/dp010_en.pdf here.

Would this work? Or should I just use the S4 Mini :)

It wouldn't fit nicely. The original PSU seems to be 51mm for the PSU chassis, which means it also smaller clearance for the PSU inside. Thats what I can tell from the docs.

Todayican2

Trash Compacter
Feb 18, 2017
I am looking to use the Meanwell 400 with 2 40mm fans to power a (Power limit restricted) gtx 1080ti via 2 pico 160s. Might you be interested in building a "plug & play" unit for the cost of parts plus a fair fee?