Completed Lone Industries L5 - 4.6L Mini ITX

Nasp

Cable-Tie Ninja
Apr 17, 2017
Any thoughts on whether or not I need to accept PayPal? I never have in the past, unless someone requested it.

I usually use PayPal if offered due to ease of use (don't have to find wallet and put in CC numbers), and inclusion of buyer protection. However, I'm happy to use another method if it saves cost on your end.

Reactions: Lone

Lone

King of Cable Management
Original poster
Lone Industries
Feb 25, 2015
loneindustries.com
Any chance you can post a pic of the cpu vent location in relation to the 4 mobo screws?

Trying to plan out my build but it looks like the Noctua L12S only fits the case mounted in the wrong orientation for vertical case placement.

This shows the motherboard mounting holes in relation to the CPU side vent.

robbee

King of Cable Management
n3rdware
Bronze Supporter
Sep 24, 2016
Are those estimations, because those motherboard mounts don't seem symmetrical?

They're never ;)

@Lone Have you considered adding more vent holes to get a symmetric side panel? Even if they don't add much, it might look easier on the eye.

Lone

King of Cable Management
Original poster
Lone Industries
Feb 25, 2015
loneindustries.com
Have you considered adding more vent holes to get a symmetric side panel? Even if they don't add much, it might look easier on the eye.

Come on guys, don't you see the backwards "L". How cool is that?! ;)

I did consider this, but I was concerned about warping the panel. We'll have to wait and see what happens.

Last edited:

Dynamite

Trash Compacter
Apr 20, 2018
Lone,
Will any of the custom "colours" from the first post be available at launch? Or will a case with raw panels be an option for those of us who might want a custom color? I'm also interested in a brushed or silver front vent if possible.

I'm really excited to move my HTPC into this case and would love to have a nice show piece for my media console.

Lone

King of Cable Management
Original poster
Lone Industries
Feb 25, 2015
loneindustries.com
Lone,
Will any of the custom "colours" from the first post be available at launch? Or will a case with raw panels be an option for those of us who might want a custom color? I'm also interested in a brushed or silver front vent if possible.

I'm really excited to move my HTPC into this case and would love to have a nice show piece for my media console.

This first batch is only black/black and silver/black. I could offer raw panels, but I would require pre-payment.

Nasp

Cable-Tie Ninja
Apr 17, 2017
This first batch is only black/black and silver/black. I could offer raw panels, but I would require pre-payment.

On that note, how hard would it be for your manufacturer to do a custom color? Is that feasible, or would it be too much of a headache for you and/or the manufacturer? I'm ok with pre-payment

Lone

King of Cable Management
Original poster
Lone Industries
Feb 25, 2015
loneindustries.com
On that note, how hard would it be for your manufacturer to do a custom color? Is that feasible, or would it be too much of a headache for you and/or the manufacturer? I'm ok with pre-payment

I'm sure it would be possible, but it might be too late for this batch. You would be limited to the colours they have in stock. What colour were you interested in? The cost is $75 CAD per colour. The other option (which I'd prefer), is buying unfinished parts, and having them done locally by a shop you can visit, and see the colour choices in person.

Nasp

Cable-Tie Ninja
Apr 17, 2017
I'm sure it would be possible, but it might be too late for this batch. You would be limited to the colours they have in stock. What colour were you interested in? The cost is $75 CAD per colour. The other option (which I'd prefer), is buying unfinished parts, and having them done locally by a shop you can visit, and see the colour choices in person.

I very much like the gold color that you showed in the OP. $75 doesn't sound too bad, but how long would I have to wait until the next batch?

Lone

King of Cable Management
Original poster
Lone Industries
Feb 25, 2015
loneindustries.com
I very much like the gold color that you showed in the OP. $75 doesn't sound too bad, but how long would I have to wait until the next batch?

I would highly recommend checking in your area to see if there's any good powder coaters. Give them a call and see what their minimum fee is. You really need to see the powder samples in person. Doing matte clear over a colour is another nice option. The next batch could only be a couple months away, or it could be never. Another option is to buy a black or silver L5 and then change the colour later. The outer panels/shell are simple, so they should be easy to strip and get redone. I would leave the chassis black.

Lone

King of Cable Management
Original poster
Lone Industries
Feb 25, 2015
loneindustries.com
Is this the one you're referring to? This is supposedly "amber", but I agree it looks more gold. I sent an email to my mfg asking if they have gold in stock.

Reactions: NoSk0pz

Nasp

Cable-Tie Ninja
Apr 17, 2017
My manufacturer has one gold, but I don't think it's what you're after.

I'll probably just order one with a regular color unless you are able to send unfinished - raw - ones for this batch.

I appreciate checking though!

Reactions: Lone

Nasp

Cable-Tie Ninja
Apr 17, 2017
Just curious, what was the change that is causing the week delay? Did you modify the case design slightly?

Lone

King of Cable Management
Original poster
Lone Industries
Feb 25, 2015
loneindustries.com
The design is unchanged. I made some minor changes shortly after I placed my order. Unfortunately, my manufacturer didn't let me know about the date change until I inquired about picking up my parts. The parts are now made, and are just waiting for powder coating which is scheduled to be done next week.