Completed Lone Industries L5 - 4.6L Mini ITX

Michael

Average Stuffer
Jan 3, 2016
Not to derail this design because its near perfect but have you put together any designs that include mounting for a meanwell power supply? That way it would be a brick-less design.

tenrose

Caliper Novice
Jun 27, 2018
this case is exactly what i'm looking for. side panel cpu intake would do well i think, im looking to make a portable caming system with DC-DC power and 1050Ti. can't wait!

Lone

King of Cable Management
Original poster
Lone Industries
Feb 25, 2015
loneindustries.com
Have you considered putting venting on the bottom? Being able to replace the stock fans on low profile gpus with 80mm slim fans would be amazing.

Yes, this is a consideration. Support for fitting an 80 mm slim fan would only work with MSI, and also now ASUS GTX 1050 cards, since they use lower profile heatsink.

Hey Lone, what do you think the cost for the case would be roughly in CAD?

The L4 sold for $170 CAD (currently about $128 USD) including free shipping. The L5 would be around that.

Last edited:

Lone

King of Cable Management
Original poster
Lone Industries
Feb 25, 2015
loneindustries.com
I've changed the status to stalled. I'm currently just too busy with work and life for various reasons. I have a few prototypes I might sell eventually. I may still order more L5 parts, I just can't say when.

Reactions: xcrco and Aoq1

LuKO

Efficiency Noob
Feb 16, 2019
Could you sell me one of your prototypes?
I really like L5 with front 1 - Perforated pattern style

Reactions: Aoq1

Lone

King of Cable Management
Original poster
Lone Industries
Feb 25, 2015
loneindustries.com
I made some time today to work on the L5... so it's not 100% stalled.

If anyone would prefer buying a prototype instead of waiting, I am happy to sell one, but the prototypes aren't perfect. The fan mount didn't fit very well, so in order to get it to fit I had to sand off the powder coating on some surfaces of the fan mount bracket. The bare metal is hidden when installed, but definitely not ideal. Price for a prototype is $170 CAD with free shipping (standard ground). If there's one good thing about the prototypes, it's that they were primed before being powder coated, which means the edge quality and durability is better than I've ever seen. Downside is fit is a little tighter than it should be.

Lone

King of Cable Management
Original poster
Lone Industries
Feb 25, 2015
loneindustries.com
I've added mounting points for an 80x10 mm fan over the GPU. The intended usage would be with spacers to offset the fan against the GPU heatsink. The only thing this does is save someone from having to figure out how to mount an 80x10 mm fan onto a GPU heatsink. I won't be including spacers or fasteners for this. It's just there for the person who wants to use it.

Also added are mounting holes for the Meanwell RPS-200-12 at the front of the case. It's not fully supported, but it's only two holes to allow mounting it. Since it would take the place of the case fans at the front, someone would have to use the NH-L12S CPU cooler to get hot air out of the case.

Reactions: smitty2k1

smitty2k1

King of Cable Management
Dec 3, 2016
I've added mounting points for an 80x10 mm fan over the GPU. The intended usage would be with spacers to offset the fan against the GPU heatsink. The only thing this does is save someone from having to figure out how to mount an 80x10 mm fan onto a GPU heatsink. I won't be including spacers or fasteners for this. It's just there for the person who wants to use it.

Also added are mounting holes for the Meanwell RPS-200-12 at the front of the case. It's not fully supported, but it's only two holes to allow mounting it. Since it would take the place of the case fans at the front, someone would have to use the NH-L12S CPU cooler to get hot air out of the case.

This sounds perfect, but aren't the slim 80mm fans 15mm thick, not 10mm thick?

smitty2k1

King of Cable Management
Dec 3, 2016
Haha... you'd love 40 mm! ;)

Perhaps a better option is a low noise adapter for tiny GPU fans. Maybe another accessory for Thehack?
Yeah the 80x15mm fans I have I set to a fairly low RPM to keep the noise in check.

If there is 10mm of clearance, I'd wager 15mm fans would actually fit once the shroud and stock fan are removed from the LP 1050ti. That's about how it works in my current case.