Completed Lone Industries L4

Biowarejak

Maker of Awesome | User 1615
Platinum Supporter
Mar 6, 2017
No issues that I'm aware of. It's been quite awhile since I last looked at this. I included cutouts on the L3, but I believe I found it wasn't necessary. Assuming we're talking about the same thing, there is only supposed to be 0.4mm of deflection on the PCIE bracket. That's pretty insignificant.
Thanks for the info :) yeah, especially for smaller GPUs it doesn't seem like it would be an issue.

s0skey

Cable Smoosher
Aug 17, 2017
Thanks for the update! Since you're not using a GPU card, you could always stick an 80 mm fan in there if you wanted to take advantage of all that free space.

How's the stock CPU fan?

I might look into that since I'm not sure what thermals are like with the case closed up.

The stock fan isn't bad and would probably be just fine with the side panel on. I waiting on an AM4 kit for my Cryorig C7 but I'm not sure if that will be any better than the stock AMD heatsink/fan.

Reactions: Biowarejak

raksan

Trash Compacter
May 3, 2017
I think I forgot to update my build. I've since then add the bottom fans, running like this since October.

Lone

King of Cable Management
Original poster
Lone Industries
Feb 25, 2015
loneindustries.com
Will the new version support the L12S? Also, will it be possible to have an HDPlex 400W DC-ATX and an internal 2.5" SSD?

If there ever is a new version of the L4, it will very likely support the NH-L12S. I have one in my L4 right now. :)

I don't have any plans to support the HDPLEX 400W. Builds in something like the L4 generally wouldn't exceed 200W.

QuantumBraced

Master of Cramming
Mar 9, 2017
If there ever is a new version of the L4, it will very likely support the NH-L12S. I have one in my L4 right now. :)

I don't have any plans to support the HDPLEX 400W. Builds in something like the L4 generally wouldn't exceed 200W.

Thanks for the information. I thought the L4 supported coolers up to 66mm. The L12S fits?

And I have an X99 system with a 1050 Ti currently. I was thinking about swapping that with an LP 1050 Ti (maybe the new EVGA one), and getting the next version of the L4 at the next production run, if you choose to have one. 160-200W Direct plug-style PSUs won't be quite enough for me. I thought the HDPlex boards fit in the L4, but I guess the 400W unit is slightly too big. I'm not comfortable with G-Unique or Meanwell units and I also have 2 SSDs, so I guess this case will be slightly too small for me. :(

Lone

King of Cable Management
Original poster
Lone Industries
Feb 25, 2015
loneindustries.com
Thanks for the information. I thought the L4 supported coolers up to 66mm. The L12S fits?

66 mm was a guideline to keep people from running into trouble. Successful fitment of the NH-L12S in the L4 depends on the location of the CPU on the motherboard. ASRock tends to move the CPU further to one side than others, and probably wouldn't work. There is a brace that runs front to back on the L4 which can cause interference.

s0skey

Cable Smoosher
Aug 17, 2017
66 mm was a guideline to keep people from running into trouble. Successful fitment of the NH-L12S in the L4 depends on the location of the CPU on the motherboard. ASRock tends to move the CPU further to one side than others, and probably wouldn't work. There is a brace that runs front to back on the L4 which can cause interference.

What motherboard are you using? I'm not impressed with the Cryorig AM4 mounting solution so I'm looking at the L12S but I have an Asrock AB350 Gaming-ITX/ac.

Reactions: Biowarejak

Lone

King of Cable Management
Original poster
Lone Industries
Feb 25, 2015
loneindustries.com
What motherboard are you using? I'm not impressed with the Cryorig AM4 mounting solution so I'm looking at the L12S but I have an Asrock AB350 Gaming-ITX/ac.

I'm using a Gigabyte GA-H110N. When I overlay an image of the AB350 over the GA-H110N, it looks like the CPU socket location should be okay. Your mileage may vary of course. :)

s0skey

Cable Smoosher
Aug 17, 2017
I'm using a Gigabyte GA-H110N. When I overlay an image of the AB350 over the GA-H110N, it looks like the CPU socket location should be okay. Your mileage may vary of course. :)
Thanks for the info. I went ahead and ordered the L12S. Will report back with results. It should be here Thursday.

Lone

King of Cable Management
Original poster
Lone Industries
Feb 25, 2015
loneindustries.com
Well, it's very snug but it fits!

Sweet! I've got mine rotated 90 degrees with the heat pipes towards the IO ports. I was trying to orient the heatsink fins to direct air out the vents, but after getting it all together I realized the fan was setup to blow out the CPU vent (which seems to work great). :)

totallynotgreg

Case Bender
Jan 28, 2018
This is the closest to perfect I've seen. Everything I would complain about requires a larger footprint or different layout, bravo!

Can you PM me rough prior pricing + US shipping? This looks worth waiting for but I'm still budgeting.

winterbladexx

Average Stuffer
Sep 30, 2017
This is the closest to perfect I've seen. Everything I would complain about requires a larger footprint or different layout, bravo!

Can you PM me rough prior pricing + US shipping? This looks worth waiting for but I'm still budgeting.
I believe it was around 170CAD w/ free shipping within Canada.

Bshoults

Caliper Novice
Sep 20, 2017
I'm inclined to increase quality if I can and have the price increase.

Do it! Whatever it takes. I've been lurking on these forums for months and I keep coming back to this project. The form factor and size are perfect. This has probably been asked, but does this case have room for a 160w HDPLEX AC-DC internal brick for a brickless build?