Completed Lone Industries L4

Lone

King of Cable Management
Original poster
Lone Industries
Feb 25, 2015
loneindustries.com
No, not related to cable length. Based on the physical dimensions of the 160W direct plug unit, it's components extend too far past the edge of the motherboard into the front of the L4, which interferes in a major way with the AC-DC 160W/300W.

Last edited:
Reactions: ricochet

Lone

King of Cable Management
Original poster
Lone Industries
Feb 25, 2015
loneindustries.com
Added support for 6x 2.5 inch drives (maximum). I figure 1-2 2.5 inch drives will be typical, but adding additional mounting points is basically free and doesn't hurt anything by having them available. The six 2.5 inch drives is possible if you use a plug-in DC-DC PSU, and IGP.

ricochet

SFF AFFLICTED
Oct 20, 2016
Added support for 6x 2.5 inch drives (maximum). I figure 1-2 2.5 inch drives will be typical, but adding additional mounting points is basically free and doesn't hurt anything by having them available. The six 2.5 inch drives is possible if you use a plug-in DC-DC PSU, and IGP.
Concur; nice to have the available mounting options for SSDs and other creative mods!

Really liking your case design and layout; works well for my LP sound card. Once I try out the HDPLEX 160W DC-ATX Direct-plug + 80W Internal AC-DC power combo in UV Siamese (my 7L Silverstone ML06B-E build) I will down size to the Lone 4 when it comes out March/April.

Is that a 16 mm hole for the power switch? Need to get in iFreilicht's RGB Vandal Switch you know! LOL.

Do you have any renderings that you could share showing the recommended placement of the HDPLEX 80W Internal AC-DC adapter in your case?

Last edited:

Lone

King of Cable Management
Original poster
Lone Industries
Feb 25, 2015
loneindustries.com
Concur; nice to have the available mounting options for SSDs and other creative mods!

Really liking your case design and layout; works well for my LP sound card. Once I try out the HDPLEX 160W DC-ATX Direct-plug + 80W Internal AC-DC power combo in UV Siamese (my 7L Silverstone ML06B-E build) I will down size to the Lone 4 when it comes out March/April.

Is that a 16 mm hole for the power switch? Need to get in iFreilicht's RGB Vandal Switch you know! LOL.

Do you have any renderings that you could share showing the recommended placement of the HDPLEX 80W Internal AC-DC adapter in your case?

Yes, 16 mm hole is for a power switch. In the past I included one, but it may be optional with the L4.

The HDPLEX 80W AC-DC can be placed anywhere on the inside-front surface of the case. There's 46.7 mm of clearance from the motherboard to inside front of the L4.

Last edited:
Reactions: ricochet

Lone

King of Cable Management
Original poster
Lone Industries
Feb 25, 2015
loneindustries.com
Thanks Josh! Maybe I can send you an L4 once I have some and you could take some photos/video. If you have any ideas, let me know. My main concern right now is getting the parts produced. :)

Last edited:

Lone

King of Cable Management
Original poster
Lone Industries
Feb 25, 2015
loneindustries.com
I've accepted that I will probably never get my prototype back from the anodizer I was trying out in Calgary. They said they accidentally sent it to a business in Edmonton, and have told me they'd have it back a couple times now, but still nothing.

My new manufacturer has also been too busy to work with me, so I haven't even been able to get another prototype or a small batch of parts made. I'm hoping to get an update next week. I have a couple alternative options, one of which is my previous manufacturer that made the L1, L2, and L3 parts. I had high hopes for this new manufacturer, so I'm trying to be patient. :)

Reactions: K888D

Jello

Airflow Optimizer
Nov 15, 2016
Eww Edmonton. The Armpit of Canada.

LOL.

Reminded of this picture

Reactions: Phuncz

Lone

King of Cable Management
Original poster
Lone Industries
Feb 25, 2015
loneindustries.com
Haha... I actually lived there for a number of years growing up. Glad to live in a smaller, warmer city, and closer to the mountains. :)

ImperialAlex

Trash Compacter
Sep 2, 2016
I have a couple alternative options, one of which is my previous manufacturer that made the L1, L2, and L3 parts.
Sorry to hear about the prototype :( Why did you originally decide to use another manufacturer? (Sorry if the reason is already somewhere here or at [H])

Lone

King of Cable Management
Original poster
Lone Industries
Feb 25, 2015
loneindustries.com
I'll try to get some more images posted as soon as I can.

Some good news today! My manufacturer has some time now, and has started working on my order. :) I will be starting out with a very small batch of parts, so availability will be limited initially.