Completed Lone Industries L4

blackhaus99

Chassis Packer
Jun 27, 2017
Is there anyway I can find out where I fall on the order list and if I can reasonably expect to get one of the cases in this run? Thanks!

Lone

King of Cable Management
Original poster
Lone Industries
Feb 25, 2015
loneindustries.com
Is there anyway I can find out where I fall on the order list and if I can reasonably expect to get one of the cases in this run? Thanks!

You're third on the waiting list. Unfortunately, I won't know for sure if I'll even have one available unless someone's payment method fails and they then decide to cancel.

I will consider the possibility of producing another batch.

Lone

King of Cable Management
Original poster
Lone Industries
Feb 25, 2015
loneindustries.com
The max cpu height is stated to be 66mm, but the L1 was the same witdth (94mm) and the max cpu height was 71mm, is it a mistake or is the cpu socket really higher? My raijintek pallas is 68mm :/

Also, have you tought about a bracket for guryhwa 300w internal psu? (https://smallformfactor.net/forum/t...available-direct-order.1983/page-4#post-46337)

Hi Alxs,

The L4 uses taller motherboard standoffs than the L1. The L4 also has cross braces which decrease clearance near the top of the motherboard slightly. 66 mm is a guideline. 68 mm may fit, but if it does your fan will be very close to the CPU vent.

I have looked at that PSU. It needs to be modded to work (not enough clearance to plug a 90 deg C14 power plug into it). I'd recommend having G-Unique provide something to mount to the existing mounting holes on the L4 (76.6 mm on the flange used for 2.5 in drives).

Alxs

Cable Smoosher
Jun 23, 2017
I'm curious, what is the exact distance between the panels? And do you still take orders for a future batch? I still have my L1, but I would like to use it as an emu box and put a 2 slots video card.

Last edited:
Reactions: Biowarejak

Lone

King of Cable Management
Original poster
Lone Industries
Feb 25, 2015
loneindustries.com
Let me know if this helps? I'm not taking orders for a future batch at this time, but I can add you to a waiting list if you like.

Reactions: Biowarejak

Alxs

Cable Smoosher
Jun 23, 2017
Let me know if this helps? I'm not taking orders for a future batch at this time, but I can add you to a waiting list if you like.

Yes, that leaves about 1cm for the plug, which is not enough as you stated. I would like to be on the list, to replace my L1.

Thanks

Last edited:

Lone

King of Cable Management
Original poster
Lone Industries
Feb 25, 2015
loneindustries.com
I've added you, thanks. G-Unique is willing to do custom wiring to make it work if necessary. Not sure what it would cost though. You'd probably have to omit the C14 power inlet on the chassis, and have wires coming out instead. Or possibly make a custom top cover for the PSU.

Alxs

Cable Smoosher
Jun 23, 2017
Wow that would be great, let us know if you come up with a sketch up!

By the way, is there any advantage to put higher motherboard standoffs? And are they removable in case I'm missing a millimeter or 2?

raksan

Trash Compacter
May 3, 2017
@Alxs, I think what he meant by making custom top cover for psu is that you may make it your own. And for the standoff, I think you can't put a shorter one instead, it will mess up the cut out for IO slot as well as graphic card.

Lone

King of Cable Management
Original poster
Lone Industries
Feb 25, 2015
loneindustries.com
Thank you for posting a video!

Make sure you get that power switch installed with the nut on the inside of the case. Also, you may want to try spreading the case feet out further, right up before the bend lines so you get more stability. I'd also recommend rotating the NH-L9i 90 degrees to help direct air from the CPU cooler out the top vent. :)

Last edited:

Lone

King of Cable Management
Original poster
Lone Industries
Feb 25, 2015
loneindustries.com
I like to get on the list, in case somebody else regret or bail out.

This case is just what I need.

Added, thanks. It's unlikely that enough people, if any will back out at this point. You're best bet is me producing another batch, or finding another case that meets your needs. I will consider doing another batch in the future, but it probably won't be until the fall.