Completed Lone Industries L4

raksan

Trash Compacter
May 3, 2017
So are the last batch ready? I would love to see even just the picture of them.

Last edited:

Lone

King of Cable Management
Original poster
Lone Industries
Feb 25, 2015
loneindustries.com
So are the last batch ready? I would love to see even just the picture of them.

This is still the second batch (first was pre-production) which I'm waiting on. I decided to order more parts than I had pre-orders for so that I have extra cases for myself/others. The parts are supposed to be done by the end of this week. Then they need to be anodized. Unfortunately it's all a pretty slow process that requires a lot of patience.

I still feel like I will be shipping these sometime in June.

EDIT: Parts have been cut!

Last edited:
I

Ionrent

@Lone, I ordered one of your pre-production cases and it's just beautiful. I'm still waiting on parts, so pictures will come later.

The only suggestion I have is taking a second look at the interface between the two halves of the case. As it is now, sliding the case apart is discomforting -- imagine sliding a fork across a plate or nails on a chalkboard. Maybe lining the edges with a longer or thicker strip of PTFE/silicone would help with that as well as reduce vibration.

Reactions: Lone

Lone

King of Cable Management
Original poster
Lone Industries
Feb 25, 2015
loneindustries.com
Thank you! I can't wait to see some customer builds.

That's definitely an issue I plan to address. I would like to apply tape (vinyl, PTFE, other) to the inside bent edges of the cover so it's completely hidden. I still haven't decided what I'm going to use. I'm considering PTFE, electrical tape, gorilla tape, and custom cut vinyl.

You're probably already doing this, but in case it's helpful to someone else, it's also important to take all the weight off the cover before removing it (i.e. on it's side, or tipped on it's front). Even doing that, there can still be some discomforting sounds due to the slightest metal on metal contact. Pulling outward on the flanges slightly as you remove the cover can help too.

LjSpike

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Mar 20, 2017
Don't use electrical tape or gorilla tape (or duct tape), it'll look like a low-quality DIY fix.
PTFE or Vinyl.

Lone

King of Cable Management
Original poster
Lone Industries
Feb 25, 2015
loneindustries.com
Customer photo, pre-build. Hopefully he doesn't mind me posting.

Lone

King of Cable Management
Original poster
Lone Industries
Feb 25, 2015
loneindustries.com
Update: L4 parts are shipping to anodizer today.

There was a delay caused by wrong PEMs being used on a part, which resulted in new parts needing to be made, and more PEMs having to be ordered.

Reactions: raksan and xcrco

raksan

Trash Compacter
May 3, 2017
@Lone is this side panel removable or it's permanently attached? I want to find a place to mount my internal psu by screwing it to the internal panel.

Lone

King of Cable Management
Original poster
Lone Industries
Feb 25, 2015
loneindustries.com
@Lone is this side panel removable or it's permanently attached? I want to find a place to mount my internal psu by screwing it to the internal panel.

That panel is attached using double sided adhesive tape, similar to what Apple uses on newer iMac and other devices. So while it's not permanent, it's not as easy as removing four screws.

What PSU did you go with? There's 46 mm from the edge of the motherboard to the inside front of the case. The Meanwell EPP-200-12 (and others that are similar) need to be mounted perpendicular to the motherboard. I've designed a simple L-bracket for my EPP-200-12.

Last edited:

Lone

King of Cable Management
Original poster
Lone Industries
Feb 25, 2015
loneindustries.com
Looks good! The RPS models appears to be a great option given it already has an enclosure (which could also be painted). I could also see making a simple flat mounting bracket that attaches to the existing 2.5" drive mounting location and also the RPS enclosure.

raksan

Trash Compacter
May 3, 2017
I think the simple bracket will do but I will have to mount 2.5" drive elsewhere since you said it's only have 46 mm left space there. I'll update when I made that bracket.

CC Ricers

Shrink Ray Wielder
Bronze Supporter
Nov 1, 2015
Looks good, raksan. You could even manage to use a 1080 ti with that (if it actually fit in the case). I want to see more powerful tiny builds with these PSUs.

raksan

Trash Compacter
May 3, 2017
I'm not sure if this psu could run 1080ti as it output about 250w without fan. I would prefer a smaller case for now since I only do light stuff and light games; dota2, paladins, dirt 3 and so on. Btw, I don't hear coil whine while pc running but heard it when pc turn off, however I have to unplug the power anyway.