Completed Lone Industries L4

Coach_Rico

Average Stuffer
Mar 16, 2017
@Lone can the L4 be used horizontally? Can the feet be removed and be affixed to the back panel to change the case orientation (hint maybe used in a media cabinet next to my cable box ...)

devinkato

Average Stuffer
Oct 17, 2016
I have a sent a set of these to an anodizer to strip and re-anodize at the same time to see how that works (also to just try out a new anodizer). You could certainly strip the parts and re-anodize, or refinish them if you like. Anodizers will sometimes charge a fee to strip parts though, so you may want to confirm.

Cool - I'll def pick up one of the blem ones! Will you be posting here when they're available, or should I shoot you an email?

pazoo

Caliper Novice
Dec 25, 2015
Hey Lone,
just to confirm, the preproduction units are exactly the same as the final unit, minus the anodizing imperfection, right? No structural change?

Lone

King of Cable Management
Original poster
Lone Industries
Feb 25, 2015
loneindustries.com
The only reason I'm calling these pre-production units is because of the slight colour variation (which is only noticeable due to how two different panels butt up against each other). These were supposed to be the real deal. :)

Lone

King of Cable Management
Original poster
Lone Industries
Feb 25, 2015
loneindustries.com
Tried taking a photo to show the difference in shade of black. Had a hard time capturing it.

Sorry for the horrible quality:

Last edited:

CC Ricers

Shrink Ray Wielder
Bronze Supporter
Nov 1, 2015
That looks very clean. I might be in the market for this case, even a preproduction unit if it's available in silver.

I have a question about the case. Is it possible to detach the square panel facing the back of the mobo tray and flip the C-shaped wraparound to face the other way? I'd like to do a window mod but without actually making major cuts to the panels.

pazoo

Caliper Novice
Dec 25, 2015
The only reason I'm calling these pre-production units is because of the slight colour variation (which is only noticeable due to how two different panels butt up against each other). These were supposed to be the real deal. :)
Great! Thanks!

Lone

King of Cable Management
Original poster
Lone Industries
Feb 25, 2015
loneindustries.com
The pre-production units are only available in black. I do have some silver C-shaped parts only though. You could flip it around, but the screw holes wouldn't line up with anything. It could be done though, yes. The flat square panel can be removed using some dental floss to first cut into the 3M tape, and then pull the panel off. If you let me know before submitting your order I can always leave this panel off for you.

Nasp

Cable-Tie Ninja
Apr 17, 2017
Are there ventilation holes on the bottom for the GPU? I'm trying to locate a photo of the bottom, but I'm not finding one.

Nasp

Cable-Tie Ninja
Apr 17, 2017
I think I'll be ordering later today. I just need to go home and grab my CC that doesn't charge for foreign transaction fees.

The price is very affordable. Good job!

On another note, do you have any pics of sample builds?

Nasp

Cable-Tie Ninja
Apr 17, 2017
Great, thank you! Only build photo I have is my own. Others should start receiving their L4 pre-production cases in a week or so.

Simple. Clean. Two things that are very important to me.

What CPU cooler and graphics card are you using?

Lone

King of Cable Management
Original poster
Lone Industries
Feb 25, 2015
loneindustries.com
CPU cooler is a Noctua NH-L9i with a NF-B9 redux-1600 PWM. Graphics card is an MSI GTX 1050 Ti LP (noisy stock fans since replaced with an 80mm low profile fan, but still a work in progress).

CC Ricers

Shrink Ray Wielder
Bronze Supporter
Nov 1, 2015
So for the pre-production units you only have the black frames.. hmm that means the front of the case will be black but I will prefer an all silver exterior.

If it's a pre-production unit that's in stock, then it should ship out tomorrow.

Ahh, I didn't know those units ship out that quickly! I won't be able to buy until at least the end of this month. Guess I'll have to wait for the official run of these cases then, huh.