Original poster
Lone Industries
Feb 25, 2015
loneindustries.com
Here's a look inside the empty box.

ricochet

SFF AFFLICTED
Oct 20, 2016
I'll try to get some more images posted as soon as I can.

Some good news today! My manufacturer has some time now, and has started working on my order. :) I will be starting out with a very small batch of parts, so availability will be limited initially.
Awesome news!

ricochet

SFF AFFLICTED
Oct 20, 2016
What are those six holes for in the the upper right for? DC-DC Board?

Are the C14 AC input and hole for iFreilicht's RGB Vandal Button (power switch) still in these same positions?

Lone

King of Cable Management
Original poster
Lone Industries
Feb 25, 2015
loneindustries.com
What are those six holes for in the the upper right for? DC-DC Board?

Stacked 2.5 inch drive mounting points. As you can see, I try not to over engineer anything. ;) Including the holes is just done for convenience since it doesn't add to the cost of the case.

EDIT: This has changed in the production model.

Are the C14 AC input and hole for iFreilicht's RGB Vandal Button (power switch) still in these same positions?

Yes. The round hole is for any 16 mm switch.

Last edited:
Reactions: ricochet

ricochet

SFF AFFLICTED
Oct 20, 2016
So the HDPLEX 80W AC-DC Adapter would fit in on the inside front panel just next to these 2.5 inch drive mounting points?

Lone

King of Cable Management
Original poster
Lone Industries
Feb 25, 2015
loneindustries.com
So the HDPLEX 80W AC-DC Adapter would fit in on the inside front panel just next to these 2.5 inch drive mounting points?

Yes, but both will not fit at the same time. The 6x 2.5 inch drive mounting is a maximum, and maybe it's too misleading? With a 80W AC-DC at the front, there are other mounting options at the bottom of the case, or at the front and parallel to the motherboard. If you use a GPU with dual slot cooler, then the bottom mounts would be unusable.

Reactions: ricochet

stefan33

Average Stuffer
Jan 13, 2017
The 160w AC-DC version can fit inside without any discrete GPU?
And with discrete GPU impossible?
Thank you.

Lone

King of Cable Management
Original poster
Lone Industries
Feb 25, 2015
loneindustries.com
The 160W AC-DC will not fit in the bottom of the case.

The 160W AC-DC will physically fit at the front of the case. The problem is there isn't a DC-ATX that will fit with the 160W AC-DC. The old HDPLEX 160W DC-ATX (non direct plugin style) might work.

If someone wants to do this they're going to have to experiment a little.

stefan33

Average Stuffer
Jan 13, 2017
The 160W AC-DC will not fit in the bottom of the case.

The 160W AC-DC will physically fit at the front of the case. The problem is there isn't a DC-ATX that will fit with the 160W AC-DC. The old HDPLEX 160W DC-ATX (non direct plugin style) might work.

If someone wants to do this they're going to have to experiment a little.

Ok, but if the 160W AC-DC will physically fit at the front of the case means that it can fit also with a graphic card. And the new HDPLEX 160W DC-ATX (direct plugin style) coul fit by this:
https://www.alibaba.com/product-detail/Black-Red-Sleeved-24Pin-ATX-Female_60579036587.html

What do you think?

ricochet

SFF AFFLICTED
Oct 20, 2016
Ok, but if the 160W AC-DC will physically fit at the front of the case means that it can fit also with a graphic card. And the new HDPLEX 160W DC-ATX (direct plugin style) coul fit by this:
https://www.alibaba.com/product-detail/Black-Red-Sleeved-24Pin-ATX-Female_60579036587.html

What do you think?
Great idea, since I was using such an extension with my system it dawned on me yesterday when I installed my new HDPLEX combo as well that I could use this very same 24-pin ATX extension cable if I my next case was too low for the HDPLEX Direct-Plug.

Would it be harmful to lay/affix the Direct-plug on/by it's heatsink on a case... or maybe use a rubber standoff like they use for PSUs... thermal padding???

Last edited:

Lone

King of Cable Management
Original poster
Lone Industries
Feb 25, 2015
loneindustries.com
The story I was given was that the owner hired some help during the holidays, and that this individual shipped it to the wrong company. I'm not sure if this is the truth, but I'm not going to worry about it. :)

Lone

King of Cable Management
Original poster
Lone Industries
Feb 25, 2015
loneindustries.com
Drawings confirmed, and purchase order submitted for first tiny batch of L4 parts. Debating whether to include expansion slot covers.

ricochet

SFF AFFLICTED
Oct 20, 2016
Drawings confirmed, and purchase order submitted for first tiny batch of L4 parts. Debating whether to include expansion slot covers.
I say save the money and avoid the headache as most of us have one or two of those laying around!!! ;-)

Reactions: janas19