Lian Li/DAN A4-H2O

ReEg0

What's an ITX?
New User
Jan 20, 2023
Would anyone know if the new ASUS TUF GeForce RTX 4070 Ti Gaming 12GB will fit in this case?
Dimensions are 305 x 138 x 65 mm
More worried about the 65mm thickness and if the side panel will bludge out
In a previous post it was mentioned that the max gap between motherboard divider plate and the side panel is 65mm. I am also keen to get the TUF 4070ti but it is a gamble to order with it being exactly 65mm. Hopefully someone has one lying around to test soon :)

maximumzero

Efficiency Noob
Sep 1, 2020
Annoying that EK has discontinued their 240 Basic AIO, that was easily going to be my pick if/when I decide to move my parts into a H2O.

Corsair seems to be the only other compatible option without ridiculous RGB all over it.

reloader-1

Minimal Tinkerer
New User
Feb 12, 2022
Has anyone found an under-desk mount for the A4 H20? There’s a few 3d printed ones for the original A4, but not the H20. Don’t have enough desk space and need to stick it down below, but off the floor…

barbz127

Minimal Tinkerer
New User
Feb 12, 2018
Couple of silly questions here:

I'm pondering transitioning from a ncase to the a4h20 for something different and enjoy the build process.

I have custom PSU cables for the ncase that are 20cm long for the gpu, 25cm for the atx24 and 40cm for the cpu power - will these be enough for the A4-h20?

Secondly is there any way to mount any intake fans to the base of the case? I see many photos of people installing 40mm fans to improve airflow over the motherboard/ssd and rather than do that I'd be wondering if I can achieve similar results with a larger, slower and quieter fan on the base.

Thankyou

Zombii

Minimal Tinkerer
New User
Feb 28, 2023
Recently built my first SFF build in this case and am loving it :)
Currently running a 5800X3D and 3080, but curious about possible upgrade paths in the future. I'd like to move to a newer CPU once 14th gen/Ryzen 8000 come out next year, but the thermal properties of Ryzen 7000 and 13th gen have me a bit concerned given that in certain workloads my 5800X3D will hit 90C even with an undervolt. Currently, I'm running the EK Basic 240 with 2x Phanteks T30s. I'm thinking that the high temps are due to the fact that the radiator is sucking in a lot of the GPU's hot exhaust, so its cooling capabilities are diminished. Would a custom loop improve system thermals overall, even with only a 240 rad? My GPU temps are currently excellent (~65C even at full load for extended periods), so I'm willing to compromise on GPU thermals to keep CPU thermals better.

Zombii

Minimal Tinkerer
New User
Feb 28, 2023
AIO fan speed?
2000RPM. For reference, the hottest my CPU gets when the GPU isn't also loaded is ~79C when undergoing a full multicore synthetic benchmark, but if the GPU is also loaded then temps skyrocket due to the exhaust.

dondan

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
DAN Cases
Feb 23, 2015
So the combined load temps is made under synthetic benchmarks! What is with games combined load?

Zombii

Minimal Tinkerer
New User
Feb 28, 2023
So the combined load temps is made under synthetic benchmarks! What is with games combined load?
No, the synthetics are where the temperatures are reasonable (because only one half of the system is loaded at any one time). Games are where the temperatures get to levels that are concerning (85+). In GPU bound games where the CPU doesn't really go above 5% util temps stay fine (mid 70s) but in esports titles where the CPU starts to need to work (VALORANT, CS:GO, etc.) and the GPU is working too, the temps start to climb.

dondan

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
DAN Cases
Feb 23, 2015
Back in the days i tested the case with an 3900x + 3080FE full load syntetic and i got low 70 on the GPU and low 80 on the CPU. But if you not have a FE your card doese release more heat inside. I do not have a real solution for you. The only workaround would be limiting fps in CS:GO to 240 or lower to have less total load.

Timeless

Caliper Novice
Jul 1, 2021
Have you tried having all fans as exhaust? If I remember right optimum tech did a test showing that this is generally the best option for sff.
In your case, I think the only way to have low temps with the components running stock is to go custom loop if you want really low temps.

pongolek

Case Bender
New User
Mar 4, 2023
Recently built my first SFF build in this case and am loving it :)
Currently running a 5800X3D and 3080, but curious about possible upgrade paths in the future. I'd like to move to a newer CPU once 14th gen/Ryzen 8000 come out next year, but the thermal properties of Ryzen 7000 and 13th gen have me a bit concerned given that in certain workloads my 5800X3D will hit 90C even with an undervolt. Currently, I'm running the EK Basic 240 with 2x Phanteks T30s. I'm thinking that the high temps are due to the fact that the radiator is sucking in a lot of the GPU's hot exhaust, so its cooling capabilities are diminished. Would a custom loop improve system thermals overall, even with only a 240 rad? My GPU temps are currently excellent (~65C even at full load for extended periods), so I'm willing to compromise on GPU thermals to keep CPU thermals better.
This is a thin GPU. Did you move the GPU away from the motherboard? Might be worth experimenting with:

Reactions: dondan

aj569

Minimal Tinkerer
New User
Feb 12, 2023
Less elegant than one specifically made for this case, but something like this could work as an under-desk mount:

Optimum Tech had done with with his nCase M1 if you want to check out what it looks like:

boundary-stone

Average Stuffer
Jan 25, 2023
What is the weight of the A4-H20 itself - for all of the included components that form the actual case (and excluding any additional components)?

Trying to total up weights of a few different builds inc different SFF cases and can't find a weight for the A4-H2O that isn't the full packaged weight.

Last edited: