Lian Li/DAN A4-H2O

SuperSmashedBro

Chassis Packer
Oct 31, 2021
If it's any consolation, it's extremely obvious to most viewers that he didn't put in any research or consideration into the build. I cringed watching him. The case looks awesome and well-built, and anyone buying a case like this is going to spend a lot of time carefully picking out parts and making measurement comparisons and checking compatibility lists.

I don't know why Bitwit didn't just hold on for a week before posting the video. He was very clearly in a rush, to the point he didn't even want to wait a couple extra days to get brass standoffs instead of the nylon ones. It reflects badly on him and I wouldn't be surprised if he doesn't get picked to sample new cases by other casemakers going forward. You can't build in a SFF case in a rush. It takes planning and care, especially when you start getting into the ~10L cases (as opposed to something more forgiving like the Meshlicious).

He didn't want to go back and undo his work/put in a new AIO. He just kept forcing everything to fit and eventually did. So I guess his video served two purposes:

1. To reinforce that you should never build in an SFF case without planning and research.
2. To demonstrate that even if you build with no plan, you can (probably) force it to fit anyway-- which makes the case somewhat newbie friendly, because a well-researched newbie will still do 10x better than Kyle did here.
it kind of makes you realize that these big reviewers don't really know what they're doing and kind of wing it lol. While you have the smaller ones that are a lot better and put more effort into it

dondan

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
DAN Cases
Feb 23, 2015
Youtubers/influencer are like journalists, lawyer doctors or pilots. Jobs where everyone think it must be correct what they are doing. But all of them are humans.

The big problem is these jobs are critical and mistaks have bad results.

While 10 viewers see he doing it wrong 100 think what a bad case.

Many people think they can assembly a pc - there are some that can assembly it correctly - only a few are familar with SFF - and even less can do SFF corretly.

-

Lets move on. Hopefully some great reviews in the next days :)

Last edited:

dondan

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
DAN Cases
Feb 23, 2015
Here are some answers on preorder and orders that i got in this thread:

Preorders: On 09 Feb. only USA, Germany and UK on Newegg, Caseking and OverclockersUK

Canada on ~ 10 March 22
New Zeland and Australia on ~ 02 March 22
China on ~ 17 Feb 22

For other countries: Check LianLis where to buy page https://lian-li.com/where-to-buy/ the case will be available all over the world through LianLi's reseller in your country. I didnt ask LianLi for every country but I think it should be available all over the world between late Feb and mid March.

Hint: OverclockersUk ship to many countries in the world maybe it will work also for preorders. The case is made in mass prouction and much higher quantities than the A4-SFX. So everyone should be able to get easy a case. Also this case does not use the 3M riser so production time is much faster.

SuperSmashedBro

Chassis Packer
Oct 31, 2021

Preorders: On 09 Feb. only USA, Germany and UK on Newegg, Caseking and OverclockersUK

Canada on ~ 10 March 22
China on ~ 17 Feb 22

For other countries: Check LianLis where to buy page https://lian-li.com/where-to-buy/ the case will be available all over the world through LianLi's reseller in your country. I didnt ask LianLi for every country but I think it should be available all over the world between late Feb and mid March.

Hint: OverclockersUk ship to many countries in the world maybe it will work also for preorders. The case is made in mass prouction and much higher quantities than the A4-SFX. So everyone should be able to get easy a case. Also this case does not use the 3M riser so production time is much faster.
When does the case start shipping? Immediately or is there a set date in mind?

Aveniform

Minimal Tinkerer
New User
Jan 24, 2022

Canada on ~ 10 March 22
China on ~ 17 Feb 22

Thanks very much! Looking forward to being able to pre-order the case in my country in March. Until then my current case will solder on...

dondan

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
DAN Cases
Feb 23, 2015
9th Feb. 9am EST

I think preorders mean no limits in quantities but i am not sure.

I think out of stock is just a placeholder

leodawglu

Cable Smoosher
Jan 28, 2022
Got confirmation that the price in Taiwan is 3500/4500 NTD (USD126/162) for 3.0/4.0 riser versions. There's also a deal for 4.0 riser + SP750 SFX Gold PSU for 6999 NTD (USD252), so pretty much 2499 NTD (~USD90) for a sfx psu that's a killer deal. Already got a Cooler Master V850 sfx psu from Newegg before coming back, no way to return that haha.

Apparently the 3.0 riser versions are in short supply.

Thankfully I live near Lian Li HQ so I'd be getting my hands on this fresh kit on the 11th Friday 🥳 , if everything goes according to plan 🤞

Reactions: dondan

rfarmer

Spatial Philosopher
Jul 7, 2017
It was nice seeing someone with some knowledge and common sense build in this case, he really showed what is possible as far as GPU size goes. The front cutout for GPU installation is brilliant. Not a fault of the case but newer generation motherboards really make it nearly impossible to use an AIO in this case. or at least route the tubing in the optimal way.

MarcParis

Spatial Philosopher
Apr 1, 2016
Well, I'm disappointed by CPU cooling. 240mm AIO is not able to sustain properlly stock 12700k (180w)..:( Something is weird from my point of view (restricted airflow?)