Lian Li/DAN A4-H2O

SEVEZ

Minimal Tinkerer
New User
Aug 29, 2021
Unintentionally posted at the same time with the previous guy ^__^ just couldn’t help sharing it right away!

SuperSmashedBro

Chassis Packer
Oct 31, 2021
Just watched his review... It seems impossible to fit a 3 slot GPU in it lol

@dondan, I don't know if you could provide it but would it be possible to get some measurements for custom cables? Or would we just have to wait until we get the case and measure it ourselves

Sieglinde

Cable Smoosher
Jan 27, 2020
Hopefully the EK AIO is a better fit for this case than the one used by Bitwit Kyle. Maybe Dondan can recommend AIOs to use?

TheRealGlutenbob

Caliper Novice
May 14, 2020
case looks dope, but cable management is going to be a nightmare with stock cables. Also a tad bit concerned about the 3 slot GPU issues. Hopefully its not a problem with the EK AIO

dondan

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
DAN Cases
Feb 23, 2015
Oh man why I write all this recommendation stuff, send them a list of compatible AIOs, example hardware configurations and send them the manual? This video looks like they didn't put any research or preparation on parts or assembly. Its like hey the case arrieved lets start...

- The only limit for AIOs in this case is pump height and they picked a pump where the tubes comes out directly out of the top. Then they bend it like crazy and wonder about high CPU temps. 98% of all AIOs have tubes coming out of the site these will work much better.

- they route the 24pin connector through the same hole the tubes goes? What? Why not routing over the bottom?

- they installed a SFX-L (this alone makes more trouble than SFX none L) without removing the bottom panel for easier cable management?

- If you know the case and watch the video you see more errors that they cover by cuts.

Last edited:

dondan

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
DAN Cases
Feb 23, 2015
Just watched his review... It seems impossible to fit a 3 slot GPU in it lol

@dondan, I don't know if you could provide it but would it be possible to get some measurements for custom cables? Or would we just have to wait until we get the case and measure it ourselves

This video is wrong in so many ways. So yes if you use a compatible AIO, follow the manual instructions and think about cable routing a 3 Slot card will fit very easy. Also using a normal SFX will work much easier.

Hopefully the EK AIO is a better fit for this case than the one used by Bitwit Kyle. Maybe Dondan can recommend AIOs to use?

Yes much better.

case looks dope, but cable management is going to be a nightmare with stock cables. Also a tad bit concerned about the 3 slot GPU issues. Hopefully its not a problem with the EK AIO

Stock cables will work like a charm on SFX and SFX-L if you remove the bottom plate and route everything over the bottom area.

needcoffeeplz

Cable Smoosher
Feb 4, 2021
Yeah definitely not the best review, but seeing the case in video format really made want to break my case freeze lol. Looks like the upside down GPU orientation leaves a lot of GPU clearance. Think I could squeeze a 155mm height ftw3 block in there?

dondan

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
DAN Cases
Feb 23, 2015
if the block is 155 the total card is 170 and this will not work.

raazman

Cable Smoosher
Feb 5, 2016
Lol watching the video, this is BitWit’s fault. You have to do a lot of research before building in and SFFPC case. Can’t wait!!

McPhee

Trash Compacter
Feb 19, 2020
To be fair, he clearly liked the case and it was good to see someone working with it. And he seemed quite aware that the problems were his own fault 🤪

But yeah, this is an SFF-noob approach to building. I'm looking forward to seeing what OT and Hardware Canucks can do.

TheRealGlutenbob

Caliper Novice
May 14, 2020
If you haven't sent a sample to Optimum Tech, I would consider sending him one. Hes the only SFF based youtuber that actually does thorough testing and puts thought into his builds. These other guys come across as casuals in comparison.