Lian Li/DAN A4-H2O

ThatGuy0rion

Efficiency Noob
Dec 5, 2021
@dondan Have you tested the NZXT X53 in the A4-H2O? I know the X53’s cap size is 55mm, which means it should just fit in the case, but I just wanted to make sure. Thanks

Aveniform

Minimal Tinkerer
New User
Jan 24, 2022
Hello dondan, will the Dan A4-H2O available for pre-order in Canada (presumably on Newegg.ca)? I previously owned the original A4 and I'm excited to own another Dancase.

joconnell

Average Stuffer
Jul 23, 2019
I'm in the same boat as @Aveniform - In a dan a4 at the minute and due to wantig a bigger GPU I'll swap over to the h20. @dondan I'm currently on a 3950 with the asetek 645lt, can this be installed in the h20 as a temp measure or will I need to swap AIO at the same time?

Cheers!

Or maybe an even better question, is their an air cooler that'd fit and be both good enough to cool the 3950x and be nice and quiet? Or is an air cooler going to bring things way way higher than an aio? The asetek is doing a great job for the size of the machine but if I can reduce noise down even further, all the better!

Last edited:

dondan

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
DAN Cases
Feb 23, 2015
@dondan Have you tested the NZXT X53 in the A4-H2O? I know the X53’s cap size is 55mm, which means it should just fit in the case, but I just wanted to make sure. Thanks

Yes it will fit

Hi, was wondering what the height limitation for the GPU/GPU waterblock is. My current one is pretty tall at 157mm

Can you link the block?

Hello dondan, will the Dan A4-H2O available for pre-order in Canada (presumably on Newegg.ca)? I previously owned the original A4 and I'm excited to own another Dancase.

I will ask LianLi

I'm in the same boat as @Aveniform - In a dan a4 at the minute and due to wantig a bigger GPU I'll swap over to the h20. @dondan I'm currently on a 3950 with the asetek 645lt, can this be installed in the h20 as a temp measure or will I need to swap AIO at the same time?

Cheers!

Or maybe an even better question, is their an air cooler that'd fit and be both good enough to cool the 3950x and be nice and quiet? Or is an air cooler going to bring things way way higher than an aio? The asetek is doing a great job for the size of the machine but if I can reduce noise down even further, all the better!

If you found a 92mm to 120mm adapter it should fit with the 645lt. Or you attach it only with two screws.

The H2O isnt great for cpu air cooling because of max height of 55mm. So L9i/L9a is maximum like in the original A4-SFX.

I would like to know if the Corsair AIO H100X is compatible?

Yes this one will fit.

thisismylifenow

Efficiency Noob
Dec 20, 2021
Yes it will fit

Can you link the block?

I will ask LianLi

If you found a 92mm to 120mm adapter it should fit with the 645lt. Or you attach it only with two screws.

The H2O isnt great for cpu air cooling because of max height of 55mm. So L9i/L9a is maximum like in the original A4-SFX.

Yes this one will fit.
Sure things, it's EK's Vector Trio.

joconnell

Average Stuffer
Jul 23, 2019

Super, thanks for the clarifications. Will follow your recommended bits and just do it all in one go then!

McPhee

Trash Compacter
Feb 19, 2020
Will this only fit 240mm radiators?

I feel like there's conflicting information because I see people talking about 280mm in this thread

Mainly 240mm, but technically able to do 90mm, 120mm, and a bunch of more obscure sizes too. The 280mm is the max radiator length IIRC. A 280mm radiator will be a bit longer than 280mm (and also too wide; >140mm).

thisismylifenow

Efficiency Noob
Dec 20, 2021
Will a tall GPU block like the EK Vector Trio (157.25mm height) fit?

Shiyou

What's an ITX?
New User
Feb 1, 2022
Hi
I live in New Zealand. Just wondering what website I should go to pre-order/buy this case as all the available ones seem to be in Europe.
Will it be available in an international website or is it my best bet to order from Europe?

gahbo

Minimal Tinkerer
New User
Feb 1, 2022
Seen this asked and you've answered you have forwarded the question to Lian Li...wondering if they've gotten back: when will shipping start for pre-orders?

Reactions: ThatGuy0rion