Lian Li/DAN A4-H2O

Aegyuptus

Cable Smoosher
Jan 4, 2022
@smathev:

Is is not possible to install bottom fans on the A4-H2O.

On a sandwich style case like the A4-H2O there is no need for bottom fans. These fans would just add noise but no real benifit. Furthermore it would require much higher case feets of minimum 10-15mm to be effective at all.

Btw on the M5 you have to decide a thin AIO with thin FANs like in the T1 OR bottom fans. You cant install bottom fans + AIO.
I take it that most fresh air pulled into the case comes from the sides (which are well-perforated to allow this), and should then be exhausted out the top via AIO radiator?

smathev

Case Bender
New User
Jan 9, 2022
@dondan:
Thanks for clarifying. I see that my impression was wrong :)

I contacted CaseKing.de about when they would have the A4-H2O in stock, I'm not sure if their answer where in line with what I've seen in this thread and on reddit.

Could you provide the latest timeline for when the case is available for order, I've seen both February, January and Q2 2022 and I'm not sure which is right?

Furthermore, will the release of the A4-H2O align with the C4-SFX release? Or will they release at two seperate times, and if so - how long would I have to wait before I have the results, prices, reviews of both cases to compare?

dondan

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
DAN Cases
Feb 23, 2015
@Aegyuptus I forwarded your question to LianLi
@ludalex:

Combined Test - Chinebecnh R20 multi + ValleyBench - 45min
Hardware: RTX 3080FE, Ryzen 3900X & EKWB 240 AIO + A12x25 push out.

CPU: 4050 Mhz with 1700rpm = 78°C
GPU: 1840Mhz with 1750 rpm = 75°C

Reactions: Wyllio and euca

dondan

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
DAN Cases
Feb 23, 2015
@Volaris: It depends on the GPU you use but a 3 slot open air style gpu has the potential to be even better as a a founders card in the A4-H2O.

illtrick

Cable Smoosher
Jan 13, 2022
Just found this thread and am totally stoked. I've got a NCASE that has a ~4 year old system in it. I've been looking for the successor and this looks like it's going to tick all the boxes. Keep up the good work @dondan !

raazman

Cable Smoosher
Feb 5, 2016
Does anyone have a recommendation for a backpack/bag that will fit this case plus a portable monitor and keyboard/mouse?

illtrick

Cable Smoosher
Jan 13, 2022
Does anyone have a recommendation for a backpack/bag that will fit this case plus a portable monitor and keyboard/mouse?
Oddly enough the perfect SFF case is a sewing machine carrying case. Weird, I know, but google them. I found one and added a bit of foam for protection.

Reactions: DrHudacris

ThatGuy0rion

Efficiency Noob
Dec 5, 2021

@dondan Do you foresee the A4-H2O receiving any accessories (such as a tempered glass side panel) in the future? Also, do you know if the Corsair H100i Elite LCD AIO fits in the H2O? Thanks​

ludalex

Efficiency Noob
Jan 9, 2022
@Aegyuptus I forwarded your question to LianLi
@ludalex:

Combined Test - Chinebecnh R20 multi + ValleyBench - 45min
Hardware: RTX 3080FE, Ryzen 3900X & EKWB 240 AIO + A12x25 push out.

CPU: 4050 Mhz with 1700rpm = 78°C
GPU: 1840Mhz with 1750 rpm = 75°C
Can you with Unigine Heaven? On my system Valley doesn't push the GPU to 100%, it stays at 50-60% so - unless I'm doing something wrong - I don't think that test is very indicative of temps at full load.

dondan

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
DAN Cases
Feb 23, 2015

@dondan Do you foresee the A4-H2O receiving any accessories (such as a tempered glass side panel) in the future? Also, do you know if the Corsair H100i Elite LCD AIO fits in the H2O? Thanks​

There is currently no accessories planed. A glas panel will have a high impact on thermal results.

For the Corsair i cant find dimensions of the pump. The max height is 55mm.

Can you with Unigine Heaven? On my system Valley doesn't push the GPU to 100%, it stays at 50-60% so - unless I'm doing something wrong - I don't think that test is very indicative of temps at full load.

You have to disable vsync

Reactions: ThatGuy0rion

ludalex

Efficiency Noob
Jan 9, 2022
There is currently no accessories planed. A glas panel will have a high impact on thermal results.

For the Corsair i cant find dimensions of the pump. The max height is 55mm.

You have to disable vsync
It's off already. Have you enabled anti-aliasing by any chance?

alfista

Minimal Tinkerer
New User
Apr 18, 2021
A-W-E-S-O-M-E case!
Do you happen to have any photos of the A4-H2O next to the all time classic DAN A4?