Lian Li/DAN A4-H2O

Thoth33

Case Bender
New User
Oct 5, 2022

A couple of people have tried in this thread with success. They claim less turbulence than an AXP90-x53 with a 90mm fan. Just be careful of your motherboard/ram selection. These will matter.
Thank you so much for this info. Sounds like the IS-55 is a much better choice than the x53 and fits. I will be using Corsair LPX ram, which another site confirmed compatibility with despite the 33mm clearance and 34mm height.

Hopefully it all fits together.

Reactions: scatterforce

bimopradana

Case Bender
New User
Jul 27, 2021
Is it any people on this thread that can show how well RTX 4080/90 fits inside A4H20? I never found any on the internet. Even the Founder edition can technically fit inside it.

GucksTV

Airflow Optimizer
Mar 13, 2018
www.youtube.com
Is it any people on this thread that can show how well RTX 4080/90 fits inside A4H20? I never found any on the internet. Even the Founder edition can technically fit inside it.

I think RTX 4090 Founders Edition could be to thick as its going over the typical 3-Slot design. ;) The card is 61mm but I did not had the chance to check first hand...I just have the TUF and will cramp it into a SilverStone ALTA G1M...jup 35cm haha 🤡

AIM-54 Phoenix

Efficiency Noob
Oct 17, 2022
NZXT Kraken Z53 vs Glacier One 240MP for A4-H2O?

I have MSI MEG Z690i Unify mobo. I'm planng to use both AIO with Corsair ML 120 Pro fans, until get some Noctua ones.

My case is Lian-Li A4-H2O and planning to go with either 13700k or 12700k.

Vilmir

Trash Compacter
Jul 23, 2019
I am planning on a small upgrade of my H2O config, I need more CPU power for a new project and my B450 mobo has too many issues.
I want to keep my DDR4 kit that I bought a few months ago, so no AM5.

I plan on getting a 13700k with the Gigabyte B660I Aorus Pro DDR4.

I am aware that the mobo won't be able to run the 13700k at full potential, or to overclock it, but it has 8 phase VRM of 90A, quite good enough for beefy CPUs and this ITX card is available in Europe. Unlike the Aorus Z690 DDR4 that I only saw once in Germany.
I am looking forward to run it with a CPU power limit of around 150w. According to the Der Bau8er power scaling test on the 13900k, I shall get good performances.

I am concerned about the VRM temps as in my H2O the only fans on the mobo side are the 2 AIO fans in push on top.
  • According to your builds, would this combo be able to operate in the H2O during 2 hours sessions of code compile and 3D render?
  • Did someone add some fan somewhere in pull to feed the VRM with fresh air?

Last edited:

hrh_ginsterbusch

Master of Cramming
Nov 18, 2021
wp-devil.com
I am planning on a small upgrade of my H2O config, I need more CPU power for a new project and my B450 mobo has too many issues.
I want to keep my DDR4 kit that I bought a few months ago, so no AM5.

I plan on getting a 13700k with the Gigabyte B660I Aorus Pro DDR4.
have you seen the tests / benchmarks performed with the 13600k so far? seems to be the best choice rn - a straight 12700k replacement and then some ;)

cu, w0lf.

Vilmir

Trash Compacter
Jul 23, 2019
Indeed the 13600k seems to be a fantastic gaming CPU for a very good price and reasonable heat dissipation, especially if you get a previous gen MB.
But I need the additional juice that 2 more P-Cores bring.

Reactions: AIM-54 Phoenix

newtothegame

Average Stuffer
Sep 1, 2018
Are all the compatible AIO's for the H20 listed on the first page of the thread? After checking the prices for the ones listed, the cheapest I've found is currently 75€. I've no experience with AIO's whatsoever and was wondering if there might be other available options which could be cheaper and silent. Thanks!

P.S: Excuse the reiteration if this question has been asked and answered before.

Vilmir

Trash Compacter
Jul 23, 2019
AIO prices increased in the last months, probably due to the inflation and the material price rise.
75€ is already very cheap for a 240 AIO. I do not think I have seen one that low.
100€ is a more common price for a quality one these days.

Reactions: newtothegame

newtothegame

Average Stuffer
Sep 1, 2018
AIO prices increased in the last months, probably due to the inflation and the material price rise.
75€ is already very cheap for a 240 AIO. I do not think I have seen one that low.
100€ is a more common price for a quality one these days.

Thanks for the reply, Vilmir. I thought the AIOs listed in this thread might have been premium or high-end options and didn't consider/expect that baseline models could have those prices. I read that a few people also change the fans of their AIOs because they can get loud and noisy, so I thought they were alluding to cheaper models (I guess I couldn't get passed my cheapness and think that some people could pay that much for a product of a not good enough quality. That also added to my confusion :S). But yeah, I'll keep an eye out for discounts, or wait for the C4 so I can fit my still functional air cooler. Thanks again for the reply mate.

Vilmir

Trash Compacter
Jul 23, 2019
Thanks for the reply, Vilmir. I thought the AIOs listed in this thread might have been premium or high-end options and didn't consider/expect that baseline models could have those prices. I read that a few people also change the fans of their AIOs because they can get loud and noisy, so I thought they were alluding to cheaper models (I guess I couldn't get passed my cheapness and think that some people could pay that much for a product of a not good enough quality. That also added to my confusion :S). But yeah, I'll keep an eye out for discounts, or wait for the C4 so I can fit my still functional air cooler. Thanks again for the reply mate.
I confirm that I did change the fans on my Glacier 240, which accounts to the final price (unless you have spare fans), with 2 Noctua NF-A12x25 and that had quite a noticeable impact on the overall noise.
Techpowerup has very good fan reviews: Silent Wings Pro 4 review. They explain how fans balance airflow vs noise. Noctua does not have the crown anymore!

Reactions: newtothegame