Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
DAN Cases
Feb 23, 2015
A3-mATX with EKWB 360AIO in classic and sandwich

Bonusround

Cable-Tie Ninja
Jun 26, 2018
Love the ground-effect-style lighting above the base as shown in the video – nice touch. As for the front panel, the routed design looks good IMO.

oxa

Case Bender
New User
Jul 6, 2022
It looks very close from the renders, if using 15mm thick fans would the top slot be usable?

ttee1996

What's an ITX?
New User
Jul 8, 2022
Is it possible to do a dual AIO build? CPU 360 AIO + GPU 360 AIO (there are lots of GPU AIO options right now like Asus Strix LC and EVGA Hybrid). Thank you.

veranek

What's an ITX?
New User
Jul 8, 2022
Any chance that this case comes in an anodized silver finish like the NCASE M1? I truly love that style and it makes it look different from all the black/white cases on the market. If this is also being manufactured by LianLi, like the NCASE was, would this be possible?

Metroversal

Cable-Tie Ninja
Dec 5, 2017
Any chance that this case comes in an anodized silver finish like the NCASE M1? I truly love that style and it makes it look different from all the black/white cases on the market. If this is also being manufactured by LianLi, like the NCASE was, would this be possible?
Colors: Anodized black(maybe dark grey) or silver exterior, matte black painted interior

Reactions: rfarmer

Shaytanya

Trash Compacter
May 5, 2020
A3-mATX with EKWB 360AIO in classic and sandwich
just wondering what the airflow is like/intended to be over the MOBO? With the 30X0 FE style GPU, there would be signifcant heat being pushed directly onto the MOBO, which could push up M.2 temps on ITX boards as there could be a lack of airflow depending on how much space / airflow from the three top fans

Kizzster

Cable Smoosher
Jan 8, 2021
just wondering what the airflow is like/intended to be over the MOBO? With the 30X0 FE style GPU, there would be signifcant heat being pushed directly onto the MOBO, which could push up M.2 temps on ITX boards as there could be a lack of airflow depending on how much space / airflow from the t

just wondering what the airflow is like/intended to be over the MOBO? With the 30X0 FE style GPU, there would be signifcant heat being pushed directly onto the MOBO, which could push up M.2 temps on ITX boards as there could be a lack of airflow depending on how much space / airflow from the three top fans
It's basically an NR200 with different configurations but with 360 AIO support and 2 more 120mm fan support. So I expect airflow/temps to be better than the NR200, M.2 temps would be fine I expect.

tylerrobb

Cable Smoosher
May 19, 2016
There are plenty other pros to using matx over ITX even if you only use one expansion card (which 99.99% of users to anyway, even on atx boards).
Yes definitely! I was just looking around at the latest boards and mATX is cheaper than ITX and also offers more generous rear I/O options. If I can go mATX and save just a bit without sacrificing performance, I'll definitely do that.

Bioforce

Airflow Optimizer
Aug 31, 2018
How would this need to be configured in order to fit both 360mm radiators at once? None of the pictures show this configuration. Looking at what we are shown, it looks like it would require an SFX PSU since an ATX one would block the side mounted rad, and it looks like it would require the GPU to be slotted directly into the motherboard with a very thin single slot waterblock in order to make room for the second radiator between the GPU and the bottom/top of the case. On that note, what's the total combined thickness of radiator, fans, and GPU that can fit in the bottom of the case? Also, is there a mounting point for a reservoir in the case for custom loops?

Reactions: solis and D90

ThorZ3

Cable Smoosher
Aug 21, 2021

Introduction

The A3-ATX is the new collaboration project between Lian Li Ltd. and DAN Cases.
The result is a sub 20L case with support for dual 360 radiators, 4.5 Slot GPUs, ATX and SFX power supplies and mATX motherboard.

- One day Lian Li asked me if am interested in designing a mATX Case - and I agreed. -

Possibilities

The traditional hardware layouts allows for tower heatsinks with up to 155mm in height. With the radiator bracket it is possible to install 120, 140, 240 or 280mm or 360 radiators with 25mm thick fans for the best cooling results. For both the traditional and sandwich layout you can install 4.5 slot GPUs with a length up to 395mm. Three 120mm fan mount points at the top of the case allows for indirect GPU cooling. In sandwich mode you will be able to install a 360 AIO at the top of the case.

Specification

Case Dimensions (H x W x D):
275 x 178 x 410mm, 20L
Overall Dimensions: 300 x 175 x 410mm (including case feets)

Graphic cards support: 4.5 Slot GPU up to 395mm length
Motherboard support: mATX, Mini-ITX, DTX
Power Supply support: SFX, SFX-L, ATX
CPU Heatsink support: Up to 158mm in height.
Case Fans: 3x120 at the top and 3x120 or 2x 140mm at radiator bracket
Water cooling support: up to dual 360mm radiator with 120x120x25mm fans

Drives: up to 4 x 2.5" HDD/SSD

Power button: Premium-grade button
Top IO: USB-A, Audio, Mic, USB-C

Material: 1,5mm aluminum (outer panels), 1.2mm steel (inner parts)
Side panels: Easily clipp able with LianLi Push Pin technology
Colors: Anodized black(maybe dark grey) or silver exterior, matte black painted interior

Gallery

This post is one of those which drive me NUTS with the mixed-up use of size indicating form factor terminology and abbreviations used interchangeably: "The case also supports either SFX, SFX-L, or ATX PSUs." One more reason I don't understand why the size terminology for cases, motherboard sizes, PSU & GPU couldn't have ALL USED THE SAME DADBURNED TERMS! But oh no, someone out there just isn't into such clarity. As far as I'm concerned, as it stands presently it's a giant clusterf*&%k.

This post is one of those which drive me NUTS with the mixed-up use of size indicating form factor terminology and abbreviations used interchangeably: "The case also supports either SFX, SFX-L, or ATX PSUs." One more reason I don't understand why the size terminology for cases, motherboard sizes, PSU & GPU couldn't have ALL USED THE SAME DADBURNED TERMS! But oh no, someone out there just isn't into such clarity. As far as I'm concerned, as it stands presently it's a giant clusterf*&%k.
Evidently mATX was used since the posting party didn't have the "micro" mu sign on thier computer; so when distinguishing between micro and mini, what shows the difference if both use "mATX?"

• Haha
Reactions: prayogahs

Bonusround

Cable-Tie Ninja
Jun 26, 2018
So sorry, man. Names, like language, evolve over time and don’t always line up perfectly. Must be tough figuring out the world wasn’t designed for you.

Reactions: D90

ripton

Cable Smoosher
Sep 2, 2019
The case looks absolutely incredible! Hope it will be available for purchase soon!
One remark though, is it possible to increase the depth by ~5mm to fully support Noctua NH-D15(s), or is it too late into the development process for that? It shouldn’t increase the volume by much and it is already almost there 😁

Reactions: Mr X

h2oxide

Efficiency Noob
Oct 12, 2020
The case looks absolutely incredible! Hope it will be available for purchase soon!
One remark though, is it possible to increase the depth by ~5mm to fully support Noctua NH-D15(s), or is it too late into the development process for that? It shouldn’t increase the volume by much and it is already almost there 😁
It supports the D15S; albeit with the use of 120mm fans, but thankfully there are extremely good fans to choose from such as the A12x25 and T30.

Reactions: rfarmer