Production Lazer3D LZ7 - Quiet Gaming Cube PC Case

Phuncz

Lord of the Boards
SFFn Staff
May 9, 2015
All going great thanks, started packing the finished cases yesterday and should be shipping the first 5 cases today, which includes yours by the way! (Serial number 3), hoping to get the rest shipped over the next few days.

Keep a look out for your shipping confirmation emails with tracking details.

K888D

SFF Guru
Original poster
Lazer3D
Feb 23, 2016
www.lazer3d.com
I can't even begin to say how happy it makes me that you are soon shipping the first indie case that started exclusively on SFN.

Wow, thanks for the great comment, I hadn't really thought of it like that!

I am glad I found this forum when I first started looking into designing a case, I don't think it would have been possible without the backing of such a great community.

Props to NCASE, Dan and Josh for paving the way for indie SFF cases in general, this is a huge milestone for this forum.

Yes those guys are definitely the gods of the indie case world! I've still got a long way to go, but their success and acheivments are a great inspiration for what is possible if you have the determination to keep pushing and see it through.

Phuncz

Lord of the Boards
SFFn Staff
May 9, 2015
My case arrived, spent about 3,5 hours building it (yeah I savour every minute) and loving it ! I've assembled it completely but I need to figure out the wiring on the bulgin switch, swap out the fan filters and order an adapter for the GPU fan. I'm going to do a write-up on the case with plenty of pics.

Teaser pic:

K888D

SFF Guru
Original poster
Lazer3D
Feb 23, 2016
www.lazer3d.com
P2G has the most vague tracking I've ever seen lol
Yeah I think it's because it's handled by multiple shipping carriers as it passes from country to country and gets a bit vague when they transition.

Looking at your tracking info it arrived at a US sorting facility this morning so you will start seeing up to date US tracking info now, I expect it will be delivered within the next 2 days.

zhl146

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Jul 14, 2016
Yeah I figured. No worries! I convinced a friend to also buy this case and we've been keeping track of it. The tracking updates have been hilarious though since it never says where the package actually is. It only says things like handed to courier or in transit.

I'm excited to actually have it in my hands!

Reactions: Phuncz

K888D

SFF Guru
Original poster
Lazer3D
Feb 23, 2016
www.lazer3d.com
Yeah I figured. No worries! I convinced a friend to also buy this case and we've been keeping track of it. The tracking updates have been hilarious though since it never says where the package actually is. It only says things like handed to courier or in transit.

I'm excited to actually have it in my hands!
Ah, are you guys that ordered exactly the same colour scheme cases within a few hours of each other?!

I figured that was a bit of a coincidence, but aren't you guys in different countries which was what puzzled me?

zhl146

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Jul 14, 2016
I think I actually ordered it a few days after he did, lol. It was easier to convince him than to convince myself. I had it in my cart like 5+ times before I finally just bought it.

He ended up getting the front panel. I prefer less wires and more minimalistic look so I just got the bulgin. I used that money to get the feet instead, which he is now regretting that he didn't get :)

K888D

SFF Guru
Original poster
Lazer3D
Feb 23, 2016
www.lazer3d.com
I just checked and it was a different pair of guys that ordered the same case scheme within a couple of hours of each other.

1 lives in Australia the other in the US, not sure if they are related purchases!

cmyk78

Master of Cramming
Jun 7, 2016
I've been looking at my LZ7 and I noticed that the USB ports are actually upside down. It doesn't bother me, but I just thought it's funny and that people would want to know

K888D

SFF Guru
Original poster
Lazer3D
Feb 23, 2016
www.lazer3d.com
I've been looking at my LZ7 and I noticed that the USB ports are actually upside down. It doesn't bother me, but I just thought it's funny and that people would want to know

Good spot! Yes this was a conscious decision to help with the cable routing of the IO wires.

If you look at the photo below you can see that the IO wires leave the IO PCB sideways, it made more sense for these cables to be facing towards the front of the case rather than towards the system fan so that you can tuck/route them out of the way to help maximise airflow potential:

zhl146

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Jul 14, 2016
22/12/2016 - 16:16 Arrived at Sort Facility (WARRENDALE PA)
22/12/2016 - 10:24 In transit
21/12/2016 - 11:49 Arrived at Sort Facility (WARRENDALE PA)
21/12/2016 - 10:56 Arrived at Sort Facility (WARRENDALE PA)
20/12/2016 - 20:38 In transit

>.> WHY YOU TEASE ME SO