Production Lazer3D LZ7 - Quiet Gaming Cube PC Case

K888D

SFF Guru
Original poster
Lazer3D
Feb 23, 2016
www.lazer3d.com
Thank you for the comments! No problem for sharing this link in the video comments @confusis I appreciate all the support.

I'm sure my brother will appreciate your comments as well, the subject matter is quite different to his usual tabletop wargames content, he wasn't sure how a tech video would go down with his usual viewers.

TheHig

King of Cable Management
Oct 13, 2016
The Vid really brings it home. Nice shots of the internals, panel removal and general layout in practice. I enjoyed the overview by your bro. Nice work Gents.

Reactions: K888D

K888D

SFF Guru
Original poster
Lazer3D
Feb 23, 2016
www.lazer3d.com
Do you have a picture of this next to the SG13?
I've not got any next to the SG13, if I ever get my hands on one I will take a picture. But I have taken a picture next to the Raidmax Element which is a bit bigger than the SG13 but a similar shape:

TheHig

King of Cable Management
Oct 13, 2016
I've not got any next to the SG13, if I ever get my hands on one I will take a picture. But I have taken a picture next to the Raidmax Element which is a bit bigger than the SG13 but a similar shape:

I'm guessing more size comparable to the Cooler Master Elite 110 based on this shot. A great size and your case wins aesthetically all day. The Elite 110 is decent but very much looks and feels like the $35 case that it is.

K888D

SFF Guru
Original poster
Lazer3D
Feb 23, 2016
www.lazer3d.com
Sorry for the lack of updates recently, on top of managing the LZ7 I am preparing to move house in a week's time! Busy busy busy!

Will we get an Email notifying us when the cases ship?
Yes, you should receive an automated shipping confirmation when I update your order on the system, I will also send you a separate email with tracking details. I'm still on target to ship all the orders in early December, it will likely be the second week of December.

The Elite 110 is decent but very much looks and feels like the $35 case that it is.
After a small production delay, I finally received all the outer panels yesterday. The matte panels look fantastic, a big improvement over the polished panels.

I've built up a black and a white case for photography, as soon as I get some photos I'll post them on here.

K888D

SFF Guru
Original poster
Lazer3D
Feb 23, 2016
www.lazer3d.com
As promised, here are some updated shots of the LZ7 First Edition with the matte panels.

For the white case I went for orange corners as this has been a popular combination. I've also updated the branding slightly to include a new Lazer3D logo.

The first shot shows the Black and White configurations side by side:

In this one they are stacked, not really sure why:

Stood up in a 'Mini Tower' style orientation (feet can be fixed onto GPU panel):

An attempt at showing the matte black panel with some side lighting:

Obligatory beverage size comparison shot (don't judge me, that Red Bull can has been in my fridge for months!):

Side/Rear view showing off the black fan grill and the orange corner pieces:

I would like to get some shots of the case in a proper setup on a desk next to some fancy monitors and keyboards, but I'm hoping you guys will be able to help out with that once you get your cases! I also want to take some photos of the case outside on some rocks or something, not really sure what it will add, but I saw a couple of the other guys who have made cases did it and the shots look sweet.

Hopefully these photos give a better idea of what the final case looks like, let me know if you have any comments.

Phuncz

Lord of the Boards
SFFn Staff
May 9, 2015
I would like to get some shots of the case in a proper setup on a desk next to some fancy monitors and keyboards, but I'm hoping you guys will be able to help out with that once you get your cases! I also want to take some photos of the case outside on some rocks or something, not really sure what it will add, but I saw a couple of the other guys who have made cases did it and the shots look sweet.​

Hopefully these photos give a better idea of what the final case looks like, let me know if you have any comments.
Well done with the photos ! I'll try to make a decent review, you can use those photos if they are good enough.
The matte looks great !

BenNZL

Minimal Tinkerer
Aug 3, 2016
Would it be possible to change my order to include the front fan grill? I didn't select it because i though it was going to be silver. It looks great in those shots in black.

K888D

SFF Guru
Original poster
Lazer3D
Feb 23, 2016
www.lazer3d.com
Are 3 of the panels translucent and smooth while the other 3 are matte?

Yes the side and rear panels are made from 3mm Dark Grey tinted Acrylic (polished surface), once the case is assembled they don't look as translucent as they do in these empty case photos. The main 3 panels (Top, Front and Base) are made from 5mm Matte/Frosted Acrylic panels.

Would it be possible to change my order to include the front fan grill? I didn't select it because i though it was going to be silver. It looks great in those shots in black.

No problem, send me a PM and we can sort it out.

cadiguno

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Oct 18, 2016
For the tower-style orientation, are there slots to screw HiFi feet to the GPU panel? Or does it have to use adhesive rubber feet?

ricochet

SFF AFFLICTED
Oct 20, 2016
For the tower-style orientation, are there slots to screw HiFi feet to the GPU panel? Or does it have to use adhesive rubber feet?
Great question I tried looking at all the previous diagrams and pics and am too unable to figure that one out.