Production Lazer3D - LZ XTD - Alternative Designs

masteraleph

SFF Lingo Aficionado
May 28, 2017
Alrighty then, questions!

1) Do you have descriptions for some of the different pictures you've posted? I'm trying to figure out what the configurations you used are in terms of which panels.

2) Is the top panel walnut the same coloring as the walnut stand?

3) If I have a small kid around, which fan protection types seem reasonable? This may not actually be an issue for me- at the moment, I'm thinking of a setup with the stand where the i/o panel is facing down and the GPU is facing forward, so the 140mm fan panel would be facing the back and the 92mm exhaust would be facing down, but I wanted to check.

K888D

SFF Guru
Original poster
Lazer3D
Feb 23, 2016
www.lazer3d.com
1) Do you have descriptions for some of the different pictures you've posted? I'm trying to figure out what the configurations you used are in terms of which panels.

I will see what I can do to improve the descriptions. In the meantime it might help to have a look at the configurator to see which panels you like, hopefully the naming schemes on that page will help:

2) Is the top panel walnut the same coloring as the walnut stand?

Difficult question to answer, the Walnut front panels and Walnut stand side panels are made from the same sheet material, but as it is real wood the texture and tone of the wood varies from panel to panel.

They will look similar, but some of the sheets are lighter/darker or more textured than others, you will most likely receive a stand that was made from a different sheet to than the front panel.

3) If I have a small kid around, which fan protection types seem reasonable? This may not actually be an issue for me- at the moment, I'm thinking of a setup with the stand where the i/o panel is facing down and the GPU is facing forward, so the 140mm fan panel would be facing the back and the 92mm exhaust would be facing down, but I wanted to check.

I would say the vent pattern with the least chance of a small child putting their finger in would be the Aero (perforated) vent, but this vent type is quite airflow restrictive. Next along from that I would say is the metal Fan Guard option which also has the best airflow characteristics.

Kdrs0122

Caliper Novice
Aug 28, 2018
Do you have a picture of what the regular LZ7 looks like on the new stand? And would it be possible to custom order it in something other than black or white? (Like the tinted/smoke gloss material)

K888D

SFF Guru
Original poster
Lazer3D
Feb 23, 2016
www.lazer3d.com
Do you have a picture of what the regular LZ7 looks like on the new stand? And would it be possible to custom order it in something other than black or white? (Like the tinted/smoke gloss material)

Not just yet, I'll see what I can do to get some sorted out and post them here.

Before I order, what is the approximate weight of LZ7 XTD? I plan to take fusion panels.

The approximate weight of the LZ7 XTD is 1.5kg depending on the options you choose. For example the XL-Vent top panel and wood front panels will reduce the weight by around 0.2kg.

Reactions: hmnzr

hmnzr

Chassis Packer
Oct 10, 2019
Not just yet, I'll see what I can do to get some sorted out and post them here.

The approximate weight of the LZ7 XTD is 1.5kg depending on the options you choose. For example the XL-Vent top panel and wood front panels will reduce the weight by around 0.2kg.

That's pretty lightweight, thank you! Just ordered it, congrats with the launch, the configurator is really something special.

Reactions: K888D

Venemo

Trash Compacter
Apr 23, 2018
Ordered my LTZ7 XTD through Overclockers, with the stand and everything. Looking forward to trying it in person. :)

TunaAlien

Caliper Novice
Oct 11, 2019
This may be a stupid question... But if the CPU cooler clearance is 135mm, am I risking it getting a 135mm tall CPU cooler? SilentiumPC do one that I like the look of.

Oh yeah, my LZ7 XTD and stand are now ordered. Cannot wait.

K888D

SFF Guru
Original poster
Lazer3D
Feb 23, 2016
www.lazer3d.com
This may be a stupid question... But if the CPU cooler clearance is 135mm, am I risking it getting a 135mm tall CPU cooler? SilentiumPC do one that I like the look of.

Oh yeah, my LZ7 XTD and stand are now ordered. Cannot wait.

Technically it should be the perfect fit. The 135mm is calculated by taking the 148mm of total internal height, minus 12mm from bottom surface to CPU surface, leaving technically 136mm of clearance. It was rounded down by 1mm to allow for tolerances.

You should be fine, please let us know how it goes, would love to see some photos of the finished system.

TunaAlien

Caliper Novice
Oct 11, 2019
Technically it should be the perfect fit. The 135mm is calculated by taking the 148mm of total internal height, minus 12mm from bottom surface to CPU surface, leaving technically 136mm of clearance. It was rounded down by 1mm to allow for tolerances.

You should be fine, please let us know how it goes, would love to see some photos of the finished system.
Wouldn't that be efficient! I think I've found my CPU cooler at long last.

I will certainly be sharing the finished product in here, on Reddit, on PCPartPicker, and wherever else if it all goes well. Looking forward to seeing everyone else's custom boxes too.

Reactions: owliwar and K888D

Venemo

Trash Compacter
Apr 23, 2018
Curious what builds people are planning on.

Mine will be:
  • MSI B450i
  • AMD Ryzen 7 3700X
  • Noctua U9S
  • AMD Radeon RX 5700XT (reference card)
  • Corsair SF600
  • Prolimatech Ultra Sleek Vortex
  • 2x8GB DDR4 RAM
The hardware is already here but in a Satellite Plus case, so I'll just have to move it over to the LZ7 XTD once it arrives.

hmnzr

Chassis Packer
Oct 10, 2019

Does it mean we can use Be Quiet! Dark Rock TF in XTD if mobo allows to fit it?

rapidshrub

Trash Compacter
Jun 3, 2019
I just pulled the trigger on an all black model with walnut stand and a NH-C14S. Hopefully the C14S doesn't have any compatibility issue with motherboard overhang. My next option will be the Shadow Rock TF2 and then the U9S if I can't find any other viable top-down coolers.

PeGys

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Jan 13, 2019
The Lazer3D LX7 XTD is now available to order!

European and US customers can order the LZ7 XTD from Overclockers UK, the rest of the world can order direct from Lazer3D.

For existing LZ7 owners we have launched an Upgrade Kit which contains everything you need to convert an LZ7 into an XTD, as with the main case all panels are customisable. Order from: Overclockers UK or Lazer3D:

Also launching today are the new LZ7 Case Stands, compatible with both the LZ7 and XTD. Transform the look of your system whilst reducing desktop footprint and maintaining optimal airflow. Find out more HERE.

If you have any questions let me know, thank you!

Great,

Overclockers UK refuses to ship to Belgium.
Had problems with them in the past.

What is the solution to this ?

K888D

SFF Guru
Original poster
Lazer3D
Feb 23, 2016
www.lazer3d.com
Does it mean we can use Be Quiet! Dark Rock TF in XTD if mobo allows to fit it?

As long as the cooler doesn't overhang the edge of the motherboard then it should be fine, its 131mm tall so it will fit with 4mm to spare.

One comment I would make though is that the top fan will be very close to the underside of the top panel, if you choose the standard or FUSION to panel type the fan will be restricted for airflow with such a small gap. Therefore I would recommend the XL-Vent with this cooler, but please also note that the fan being so close to the vents may also result in some air turbulence noise unless the fan is run at low RPM's.

Overclockers UK refuses to ship to Belgium.
Had problems with them in the past.

What is the solution to this ?

There are a couple of EU countries that Overclockers UK do not ship to which includes Belgium, sorry about that. But as @prava mentions you can still order direct from www.lazer3d.com for shipping to your country.