Production Lazer3D - LZ XTD - Alternative Designs

TunaAlien

Caliper Novice
Oct 11, 2019
You could choose a smaller 5700XT card which would fit without issue.
I could, such as the Red Dragon. If the Gigabyte card will fit though, I'll probably choose that after hearing good things about it.

That is, if I don't go Nvidia. This XTD version really opens up the options. Can't wait!

Reactions: K888D

K888D

SFF Guru
Original poster
Lazer3D
Feb 23, 2016
www.lazer3d.com
And height?
GPU height is the same as the LZ7, its difficult to put a height on it because in reality it depends on how the GPU manufacturer has placed the PCIe power connector on the card. For example if they have recessed the connector then you can fit a taller card.

So instead its better to quote the overall height clearance from the bottom of the slot to the top of the case which is 134mm, but this needs to include the power connector:

*XTD GPU length clearance is 280mm​

Reactions: jaro

TunaAlien

Caliper Novice
Oct 11, 2019
Looks like the Red Dragon (132 mm tall) will be a very tight fit, if it fits.

Do you have any recommendations yourself on what to fit in there, GPU wise? Is it best to just stick to reference designs?
I know there was attention brought to the 2070 ITX models for the original LZ7, so I was wondering if there were similar suggestions for this model. If you can call that a suggestion, anyway.

K888D

SFF Guru
Original poster
Lazer3D
Feb 23, 2016
www.lazer3d.com

Do you have any recommendations yourself on what to fit in there, GPU wise? Is it best to just stick to reference designs?
I know there was attention brought to the 2070 ITX models for the original LZ7, so I was wondering if there were similar suggestions for this model. If you can call that a suggestion, anyway.
I'm going to be spending next week preparing the website and all the background information for launch, I will try and get some more concrete information over onto the forum next week that will be helpful for selecting a GPU.

TunaAlien

Caliper Novice
Oct 11, 2019
I'm going to be spending next week preparing the website and all the background information for launch, I will try and get some more concrete information over onto the forum next week that will be helpful for selecting a GPU.
You're the man. I appreciate the work you're doing.

Venemo

Trash Compacter
Apr 23, 2018

How about the MSI Evoke 5700 XT? That one should be small enough to fit with room to spare. (I already have a reference card since July, but from the current line up I would pick the Evoke.)

masteraleph

SFF Lingo Aficionado
May 28, 2017
How about the MSI Evoke 5700 XT? That one should be small enough to fit with room to spare. (I already have a reference card since July, but from the current line up I would pick the Evoke.)

Way too thick- 2 slot thickness is something like 41mm, the Evoke is 51 mm.

The problem here is that it seems like a number of manufacturers are going for 2.x+ thickness, and some of the ones who aren't are going with very tall cards instead.

K888D

SFF Guru
Original poster
Lazer3D
Feb 23, 2016
www.lazer3d.com
The problem here is that it seems like a number of manufacturers are going for 2.x+ thickness, and some of the ones who aren't are going with very tall cards instead.

Unfortunately yes, the average size of a graphics card is increasing with every generation, but there are still a few manufacturers producing cards close or at reference sizes.

Even though the LZ7 XTD has GPU size limitations, it is still possible to fit the most powerful GPU's on the market without any modifications, if you select a compatible model. If you would like to fit an oversize card then something like the Ncase M1 or Cerberus may be a better choice for you.

Venemo

Trash Compacter
Apr 23, 2018
Based on those numbers, it looks like the reference card along with the Red Dragon are the only ones that will fit within the specs of the LZ7 XTD, and there are a couple more cards that barely don't fit, like the MSI RX 5700 XT Mech OC (2mm too thick), and the Sapphire Pulse Radeon RX 5700 XT (2.5mm too thick, and 1mm to tall). All the others are completely off the table.

I didn't think I'd find any reason to be happy to have chosen the reference card, but it looks like that one is the best fit. Red Dragon should be OK too. Based on how noisy the reference card can get, I'd suggest to go for the Red Dragon if you can.

Reactions: penghutw and K888D

TunaAlien

Caliper Novice
Oct 11, 2019
Just back here checking the graphics card clearance one last time before I buy my EVGA 2070 Super.

Beyond excited to buy my first ever component!

wertigon

Trash Compacter
Sep 13, 2019
Based on those numbers, it looks like the reference card along with the Red Dragon are the only ones that will fit within the specs of the LZ7 XTD, and there are a couple more cards that barely don't fit, like the MSI RX 5700 XT Mech OC (2mm too thick), and the Sapphire Pulse Radeon RX 5700 XT (2.5mm too thick, and 1mm to tall). All the others are completely off the table.

I didn't think I'd find any reason to be happy to have chosen the reference card, but it looks like that one is the best fit. Red Dragon should be OK too. Based on how noisy the reference card can get, I'd suggest to go for the Red Dragon if you can.

Shouldn't the Powercolor plain RX 5700 XT (230 x 111 x 41 mm) fit as well? Compared with the Powercolor Red Dragon RX 5700 XT (240x132x41mm), the plain flavor could theoretically allow for other components, or just more room for cable management.

This case is really interesting for my build, just not sure if I can justify it price wise since I can also get a SG13 or SG05-Lite for half the cost. Still, this case is *much* prettier and I appreciate I can build it in different colors to match the color scheme in my room. My wife prefers a pretty case to the SG13, that's for sure... ;)

K888D

SFF Guru
Original poster
Lazer3D
Feb 23, 2016
www.lazer3d.com
I am extremely excited to confirm the Lazer3D LZ7 XTD will be launching on Wednesday 6th November 2019.

Customisation is at the heart of Lazer3D cases and the XTD is no exception, the case will be fully configurable with many different panel design and finishes to choose from, including our new FUSION panels featuring a unique two tone frosted/window finish.

The XTD is fully backwards compatible with its smaller brother the LZ7 and we are pleased to announce that an “Upgrade Kit” will also be available at launch for those who already own an LZ7 case.

Also new to the Lazer3D range is the LZ7 Case Stand, compatible with both the LZ7 and XTD. Transform your systems look whilst improving airflow and reducing desktop footprint.

All products will be available to order from Overclockers UK for European and US customers on 6th November 2019. The rest of the world can order direct from Lazer3D from the same date.

Reldey

Master of Cramming
Feb 14, 2017
I am extremely excited to confirm the Lazer3D LZ7 XTD will be launching on Wednesday 6th November 2019.

Customisation is at the heart of Lazer3D cases and the XTD is no exception, the case will be fully configurable with many different panel design and finishes to choose from, including our new FUSION panels featuring a unique two tone frosted/window finish.

The XTD is fully backwards compatible with its smaller brother the LZ7 and we are pleased to announce that an “Upgrade Kit” will also be available at launch for those who already own an LZ7 case.

Also new to the Lazer3D range is the LZ7 Case Stand, compatible with both the LZ7 and XTD. Transform your systems look whilst improving airflow and reducing desktop footprint.

All products will be available to order from Overclockers UK for European and US customers on 6th November 2019. The rest of the world can order direct from Lazer3D from the same date.

Just wanted to post a solid:

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOT!

The photos look great.

Reactions: owliwar and K888D

chewie13

Caliper Novice
Feb 19, 2018
Nice to see this is releasing now the stand you sent me is working like a dream did you fix the slipping issues?