Production Lazer3D - LZ XTD - Alternative Designs

Venemo

Trash Compacter
Apr 23, 2018
Shouldn't the Powercolor plain RX 5700 XT (230 x 111 x 41 mm) fit as well? Compared with the Powercolor Red Dragon RX 5700 XT (240x132x41mm), the plain flavor could theoretically allow for other components, or just more room for cable management.

Yes that one should fit too.

This case is really interesting for my build, just not sure if I can justify it price wise since I can also get a SG13 or SG05-Lite for half the cost. Still, this case is *much* prettier and I appreciate I can build it in different colors to match the color scheme in my room. My wife prefers a pretty case to the SG13, that's for sure... ;)

This is a matter of opinion, but those Silverstone cases look very ugly to me. If you are looking for a low-price but good looking SFF case, I can suggest a Kolink Satellite Plus, or the Kolink Rocket. Neither of those are as efficient as the LZ7 though.

Reactions: K888D

Venemo

Trash Compacter
Apr 23, 2018
All products will be available to order from Overclockers UK for European and US customers on 6th November 2019. The rest of the world can order direct from Lazer3D from the same date.

Congrats on the release! I'm looking forward to it. :)

wertigon

Trash Compacter
Sep 13, 2019
This is a matter of opinion, but those Silverstone cases look very ugly to me. If you are looking for a low-price but good looking SFF case, I can suggest a Kolink Satellite Plus, or the Kolink Rocket. Neither of those are as efficient as the LZ7 though.

The Kolink Satellite Plus would be very interesting, but unfortunately not available in my country, only the regular Satellite is. $35 for a 13.5L case is decent I guess, but knowing I could go a few liters less it is not quite what I'm looking for. Still, a good alternative if I cannot stretch to the LZ7 XTD. I will know after Christmas expenses what I can afford and not. :)

The Rocket is tempting though, seeing as the 80mm CPU cooler clearance allows me to ditch a low-profile aftermarket cooler in favor of AMD stock coolers (most probably, the 3600 and the Wraith Spire). While the Spire will be a bit noisy, that's fine when building on a budget, and I doubt I will be that disturbed by it. Worst case, I'll just shell out for a better cooler later.

Thank you for the suggestions though! Back to topic. :)

Last edited:

TunaAlien

Caliper Novice
Oct 11, 2019
Launch date tomorrow. Got my card details ready and waiting.

Before I go ahead and configure all my panels, can anyone advise on CPU cooler choice? I would go with Noctua but I just can't stand the colour scheme, sorry. I was thinking of a Cryorig M9/M9 Plus, but the option of a 120/140mm AIO is there too if I get a top XL-vent. What's the best option here?

masteraleph

SFF Lingo Aficionado
May 28, 2017
120/140 aio would be quite good. Noctua c14s or bequiet dark rock tf, but they may suffer compatibility issues. Thermalright silver arrow 130 is also a possibility.

TunaAlien

Caliper Novice
Oct 11, 2019
120/140 aio would be quite good. Noctua c14s or bequiet dark rock tf, but they may suffer compatibility issues. Thermalright silver arrow 130 is also a possibility.
The Dark Rock TF would be great, but as you suspected isn't compatible. Are there any AIOs I should run to/away from?

Venemo

Trash Compacter
Apr 23, 2018
The Dark Rock TF would be great, but as you suspected isn't compatible. Are there any AIOs I should run to/away from?

What's wrong with the Dark Rock TF? I thought any CPU cooler with a max height of 135mm should be OK. How about eg. the Pure Rock Slim?

masteraleph

SFF Lingo Aficionado
May 28, 2017
What's wrong with the Dark Rock TF? I thought any CPU cooler with a max height of 135mm should be OK. How about eg. the Pure Rock Slim?

The dark rock tf problems aren’t with the height but with the motherboard. Top down coolers can have issues with clearance over some motherboard components, and depending on the location of the socket, might overhang the board.

TunaAlien

Caliper Novice
Oct 11, 2019
Nothing wrong with it, just doesn't fit with the motherboard I want. It said so on the website.

The Pure Rock Slim looks good. Similar to the M9.

K888D

SFF Guru
Original poster
Lazer3D
Feb 23, 2016
www.lazer3d.com
The Lazer3D LX7 XTD is now available to order!

European and US customers can order the LZ7 XTD from Overclockers UK, the rest of the world can order direct from Lazer3D.

For existing LZ7 owners we have launched an Upgrade Kit which contains everything you need to convert an LZ7 into an XTD, as with the main case all panels are customisable. Order from: Overclockers UK or Lazer3D:

Also launching today are the new LZ7 Case Stands, compatible with both the LZ7 and XTD. Transform the look of your system whilst reducing desktop footprint and maintaining optimal airflow. Find out more HERE.

If you have any questions let me know, thank you!

Reldey

Master of Cramming
Feb 14, 2017
Should have thought of this earlier, but is it possible to flip the I/O to the other side of the case?

masteraleph

SFF Lingo Aficionado
May 28, 2017
Curious whether any reviewers are going to be doing a piece on this (and whether K888D sent out cases to anyone).

TunaAlien

Caliper Novice
Oct 11, 2019
Yes!! Definitely going to get on OcUK and configure mine today.

One last question before I pull the trigger. There is an SFX power supply panel and a DC-DC power supply panel. I'll be using a Corsair SF600 when I build in this thing, so I'm assuming I need the SFX panel. Or is the DC-DC panel for having an extension cable of sorts and mounting the power supply on the other side of the case? And then if the SFX PSU is mounted at the back of the case, wouldn't this change CPU cooler clearance?

Pretty new to this stuff, so.

K888D

SFF Guru
Original poster
Lazer3D
Feb 23, 2016
www.lazer3d.com
Should have thought of this earlier, but is it possible to flip the I/O to the other side of the case?

Unfortunately not sorry, the left and right side panels are not swappable.

Curious whether any reviewers are going to be doing a piece on this (and whether K888D sent out cases to anyone).

Yes, hopefully @Tek Everything will have his review out very shortly.

One last question before I pull the trigger. There is an SFX power supply panel and a DC-DC power supply panel. I'll be using a Corsair SF600 when I build in this thing, so I'm assuming I need the SFX panel. Or is the DC-DC panel for having an extension cable of sorts and mounting the power supply on the other side of the case? And then if the SFX PSU is mounted at the back of the case, wouldn't this change CPU cooler clearance?

Whether you select the Rear SFX or Rear DC-DC panel, the SFX PSU is mounted in the front of the case away from the rear panel. A power extension cable is supplied with the case for connecting the PSU power input to the rear panel. The case is also bundled with an adapter plate for converting the Rear SFX so you can mount the cable whilst blanking off the SFX cutout. Hope that makes sense?

Basically you can use either panel and still mount an SFX PSU, but the DC-DC panel is a neater solution and has the added feature of being able to mount a rear 80mm/92mm x25mm case fan.

TunaAlien

Caliper Novice
Oct 11, 2019
Whether you select the Rear SFX or Rear DC-DC panel, the SFX PSU is mounted in the front of the case away from the rear panel. A power extension cable is supplied with the case for connecting the PSU power input to the rear panel. The case is also bundled with an adapter plate for converting the Rear SFX so you can mount the cable whilst blanking off the SFX cutout. Hope that makes sense?

Basically you can use either panel and still mount an SFX PSU, but the DC-DC panel is a neater solution and has the added feature of being able to mount a rear 80mm/92mm x25mm case fan.

I'm with you. After looking at the instructions I figured that was the case, but it couldn't hurt to ask.

I just need to decide whether my right panel should be smoked or black and open or cyclone and I'll put my order in. Thank you for the help and congratulations on the release.