circlestudio.co
PROJECT GITHUB

This project is:
  • A case that you can make at home with nearly any consumer 3d printer
  • A case that won't take months/years to ship 🙃
  • A very easy case to build in
  • Perfect for modding
  • Open source, so you can edit the original design files
  • A case that will continuously receive updates from me and anyone else keen to contribute
  • A case that can support new parts in days, not months or years
Features:
  • Full length 4-slot GPU support up to 330mm long
  • Riser-card free design (reduces compatibility issues and cost)
  • up to 280mm radiator support
  • CPU cooler height up to 149mm (if using side panels)
  • SFX PSU support (ATX possible with mod)
  • 1 x 3.5" HDD support or 3 x 2.5" drive support
  • GPU and mobo I/O egress from base of the case
  • Optional I/O panel at the top of the case
  • It has a handle, just because
  • 16.7 litres. Not the smallest, but good for ease of building in, mod-ability, and requiring no riser card

Check out the video introduction below to understand why this exists.

Download, print & mod the case files here

Last edited:

Pagusas

Average Stuffer
May 11, 2022
This is amazing! Can't wait to dive into the files, modify them and add lots of water-cooling features.

wesbl

Cable-Tie Ninja
Sep 9, 2017
Amazing! I have two 3d printers and a laser cut, so I can try. I have a noctua nh-p1 (152mm) and a custom fanless GPU (raijintek Morpheus 8057) that is almost 4 slot, do you think they could fit without modifications? Thanks.

CircleTect

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Original poster
Circle Studio
May 1, 2017
circlestudio.co
I have a noctua nh-p1 (152mm) and a custom fanless GPU (raijintek Morpheus 8057) that is almost 4 slot, do you think they could fit without modifications? Thanks.
I think the NH-P1 will be juuust a little bit too tall (152mm vs max of 149mm). Worth a try though, we could see if it's an easy mod to make it fit.

If the card is 4 slot, it most likely won't fit. I'm working on a simple 4-slot card mod though. This mod will work with the same length carbon tubes as the 3 slot design (using tube extension prints), but will require wider laser cut side panels, so be aware of that.

CircleTect

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Original poster
Circle Studio
May 1, 2017
circlestudio.co
I have a noctua nh-p1 (152mm) and a custom fanless GPU (raijintek Morpheus 8057) that is almost 4 slot, do you think they could fit without modifications? Thanks.

Ok, latest design update now includes 4-slot GPU support.

Some things to keep in mind:
  • You can either use the 3-slot length tubes with printed tube extenders, or use the new suggested 'native 4 slot' tube length.
  • New parts will need to be printed for 4-slot compatibility.
  • The laser-cut side panels need to be slightly wider. New laser cut files provided.

Stinkybear

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Apr 7, 2020
I like this and similar concept of Modcase Hydra with the tube use. Makes me wish I got into 3d printing. As much as I like premium cases for what they are, I always found points of modding or not exactly optimized for my use case and these types of cases allow for that. Once Hydra is in production, I'll really take a closer look to compare the two.

hypnonotic

Minimal Tinkerer
New User
Dec 23, 2022
Super cool project! I'm currently in a FormD T1 V1 and I'm going to build one of these and move into it (hardware is coming in the mail after the holidays). Just forked the repository, are there CAD files available anywhere for the parts or just the 3mf? I'm planning to build it 330mm x 210mm x 130mm setup for 2-slot.

CircleTect

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Original poster
Circle Studio
May 1, 2017
circlestudio.co
Just forked the repository, are there CAD files available anywhere for the parts or just the 3mf?

Yep, there's a full STEP file which contains the entire assembly and all parts. You can import into any CAD package. I'm thinking of splitting all parts out into their own STEP files as well for ease of updating.

Reactions: hypnonotic

hypnonotic

Minimal Tinkerer
New User
Dec 23, 2022
Yep, there's a full STEP file which contains the entire assembly and all parts. You can import into any CAD package. I'm thinking of splitting all parts out into their own STEP files as well for ease of updating.
Cool, not currently at home to actually print things and see if they work, but working on 2 slot, sandwich style mounting components. PSU will hang from the top bars planning put fans/radiators on the front of the case. The FE cards water cooled are very short, so my single slot 3070 should work well in this configuration. Still very rough on the PCI slot, but this is the basic idea.

I REALLY like how modular the rod based design is. Very excited to see just how compact I can make this. :)

Reactions: BaK

hypnonotic

Minimal Tinkerer
New User
Dec 23, 2022
Hey again, one quick recommendation. Can you change the red nut recess to a slot similar to the blue hex nut slot? This way that hole can also be used to mount a parts with screws from the inside as well as the outside?

Reactions: Allhopeforhumanity

hypnonotic

Minimal Tinkerer
New User
Dec 23, 2022
Still a work a in progress, but my front and rear panels snap into place. The side panels will work in a similar way. I'm still undecided on the placement of the PSU. If I put it where it is now, I can fit a 120mm radiator at the top, but also it looks weird having it floating there. If I mount it sideways, I can fit another 240mm radiator in the original orientation that you used. Still undecided on it.

Reactions: Allhopeforhumanity

Crab Override

What's an ITX?
New User
Aug 14, 2023
This is a fantastic idea! I've already got an idea for a ~12L version for ATX PSU and 160mm CPU coolers.
How are you guys going about modifying the STEP files?