Concept M-ATX custom case design, airflow to the max whilst trying to remain compact

Day VReamer

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Original poster
Jun 20, 2018
www.youtube.com
Hi all,

So I am currently bored of my case, and have wanted to produce a case for a while that suits what I am now interested in/after:

- A case that uses the several 140mm fans that I have (to maximise cooling for both high powered CPU's and GPU's),
- Can fit extremely large GPU's (considering I have a 2.5 slot, 320mm x 140mm, and considering the cooling that will be required for next gen GPU's which could create even bigger sizes), - Has 4 PCIe slots to cater for the GPU + something else (I have a PCIe powered smart PC switch for turning my PC on/off away from home and cloud gaming/cloud vr gaming)
- Might be of interest to others, to allow batch production to reduce cost per case
- Keep the size as small as possible
- Doesn't need a PCIe riser cable (to reduce cost and to ensure simplicity with the design)

So what I have come up with is as follows:
A PC that meets the above. Can have 6 x 140mm fans (or 6 x 120mm fans), and two 80mm fans. The SFX (or SFX-L) PSU exhausts out the side of the case, which reduces size, removes hot air from the case, reduces cost and complications with routing a cable through the case to the rear. Fits M-ATX motherboards, with upto 4 PCIe slots, can fit GPU's upto 342mm long, upto 4 slots thick, and upto a height of 154mm (including the power connector/cables), CPU cooler upto approx 150mm tall (without the fans fitted to the side panel), or 125mm with the fans fitted to the side panel. This also all within a size of 345mm wide, 175mm deep and 293mm tall (not including the feet). So only 17.7 litres. I know there are smaller cases that fit m-atx motherboards, but after looking for a long time I struggled to find one that had the level of cooling I wanted (and would be needed for a really powerful system) whilst meeting my other requirements - please let me know if there is something that meets all the above and is smaller!

Hopefully the above and below is of some interest to some people, please let me know - I will be getting a quote for it to be in brushed stainless steel, or mild steel sprayed black or silver, and hopefully it won't be too horrendous :D

Last edited: