Production Lazer3D - LZ XTD - Alternative Designs

K888D

SFF Guru
Original poster
Lazer3D
Feb 23, 2016
www.lazer3d.com
My GIgabyte RTX 2070 is 279mm, there is not even a remote chance, isn't it? it looks really great, good job K888D.

Thank you! Unfortunately not sorry.

There is hope however, the revised design I am working on will have 280mm GPU clearance (10mm more than this first iteration). I noticed there was a trend for most manufacturers in this latest generation of cards to tag on an extra 5 or 10mm to the reference length.

Reactions: Alur

Alur

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Jan 9, 2019
Thank you! Unfortunately not sorry.

There is hope however, the revised design I am working on will have 280mm GPU clearance (10mm more than this first iteration). I noticed there was a trend for most manufacturers in this latest generation of cards to tag on an extra 5 or 10mm to the reference length.
Those are amazing news, thank you! =)

Reactions: K888D

Tute

Average Stuffer
Sep 16, 2018
Well I guess i’ll throw my hat in the ring. Currently i’m running:

i7-5820k
32gb ddr4
1tb intel 600p m2 ssd
Sapphire vega 64 reference
Ncase m1
Silverstone sx600-g

I’m planning on getting an SF750 psu with my Radeon VII to take the strain, and overclocking the CPU as well.

My current cooler is an Asetek 240mm AIO for CPU and with the LZ XTD i’d swap it for an Asetek AIO 120 or 140mm.

chewie13

Caliper Novice
Feb 19, 2018
I would also like to throw my hat into the ring I live in London and have your LZ7 and would love to get his as I would like the room to expand at some point but really at the moment would like to mod it a little to fit 3.5 inch drive in and a better cooler.

Current LZ7 specs

i7 6700K @4.8ghz
16GB Ram
256GB M.2 SSD
asus z270i mobo
2x 2.5 inch HDDs in RAID0 (the 15mm fat ones that I have had to val-crow to the front wooden inside and remove the mounting bay for the HDDs they are too fat)
Noctua NH-L12S for cooling.
gigabyte aorus GTX 1080

K888D

SFF Guru
Original poster
Lazer3D
Feb 23, 2016
www.lazer3d.com
Sorry for the slight delay in closing this off, please drop your vote in the comments below for the build you would like to see in the LZ XTD sample case.

Here are the entries:

@Goatee
Low powered passive build with the possibility of some modding

@Tute
i7-5820k cooled with Asetek 120/140mm AIO, AMD Radeon VII with Corsair SF750

@chewie13
i7-6700k cooled by Noctua NH-L12S, Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080

Voting closes on Friday 1st Feb at 13:00 GMT.

masteraleph

SFF Lingo Aficionado
May 28, 2017
Voting for the Radeon VII build as something different (but not modded). The 6700k sounds lovely, but we know how the lz7 cans do with an L12s even with an 8700k. If anyone else throws in with a bigger cooler though- say u9s or bigger- I’m switching to that, because that’s what I’d love to see and what’s hard to cram into an lz7.

K888D

SFF Guru
Original poster
Lazer3D
Feb 23, 2016
www.lazer3d.com
@Tute I've just been informed that Powercolor have updated the size specs of their Radeon VII card to be 280mm, unfortunately I don't think even the reference version it will fit in this sample XTD case. Not sure if your still interested, or whether you may prefer to wait for the production version which will have more GPU clearance (I'm thinking of making it 285mm clearance based off of this).

Alur

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Jan 9, 2019
@Tute I've just been informed that Powercolor have updated the size specs of their Radeon VII card to be 280mm, unfortunately I don't think even the reference version it will fit in this sample XTD case. Not sure if your still interested, or whether you may prefer to wait for the production version which will have more GPU clearance (I'm thinking of making it 285mm clearance based off of this).
You sir won my heart at those 285mm.

orbitalwalsh

Caliper Novice
Jan 4, 2018

recommend you stretch to 2.5 slot cooler. case design would hold its age/ground a lot longer :)

damn, didn't realise you were giving away a sample ;(

Bjornyyy

Trash Compacter
Jan 22, 2017
Since you'll make the case a bit longer do you think there is a possibilty to install a 120mm aio or a couple of 2.5"drives in the front of the case?

K888D

SFF Guru
Original poster
Lazer3D
Feb 23, 2016
www.lazer3d.com
Since you'll make the case a bit longer do you think there is a possibilty to install a 120mm aio or a couple of 2.5"drives in the front of the case?

Not in the front of the case as this is where the PSU will be located, but the case will support up to 140mm AIO mounted to the Top Panel.

Tute

Average Stuffer
Sep 16, 2018

Okay well make mine the Vega 64 reference I currently have and i’ll do some research into other ways I can spend the VII money to jazz up the build.

The holy grail would be a 6950X to replace the 5820k but alas, those are rare and in high demand.

VeilSide

Efficiency Noob
Jan 29, 2019
Is this project gonna catch full speed now since CG7 Cravo is released? I'm really looking forward to building my new gaming rig in this shell.

K888D

SFF Guru
Original poster
Lazer3D
Feb 23, 2016
www.lazer3d.com
Is this project gonna catch full speed now since CG7 Cravo is released? I'm really looking forward to building my new gaming rig in this shell.

Yes, the XTD is now my next development priority. We have a small backlog of orders to get shipped out and I need to see how the CG7 launch goes, but hopefully I can start dedicating some time towards this over the next few weeks.