Chimera Industries Cerberus: The 18L, mATX, USA-made enclosure

Manic1

Case Bender
New User
Mar 9, 2018
Whatever case size, choose SFX-L psu (600W mini).
I guess everything fits in micro atx model, with front mounted psu. However you will need to replace side exhaust fan by 3.5 hdd...that I won't do with an open air GPU like your GTX 1080ti strix.

What if I get the Cerberus x and put in a MATX board. Maybe mount the 3.5 inch drive above the rad with a custom mount?

MarcParis

Spatial Philosopher
Apr 1, 2016
you cannot put a micro ATX MB in Cerberus-X (by default) as Cerberus-X will have ATX standoffs that are not compatible with micro atx. You will need to tweak cerberus-X.

Taswegian

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Oct 1, 2017
M.2 ssds only..:)

With SFX-L on rear and rad + fans on front there will still be plenty of room between those two to mount a pair of SSD on the hinged side bracket.

Another approach might be to order the handle kit and use it's support bracket to mount stuff to under the top panel but I haven't really thought that through so not sure how that would work out.

Ubermarshall

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Sep 11, 2017
I
With SFX-L on rear and rad + fans on front there will still be plenty of room between those two to mount a pair of SSD on the hinged side bracket.

Another approach might be to order the handle kit and use it's support bracket to mount stuff to under the top panel but I haven't really thought that through so not sure how that would work out.
Such is the benefit of the case being built like an old meccano kit :)

Luminair

Chassis Packer
Mar 7, 2018
I got a Cerberus X, and I'm using Ncase bottom filter for bottom intake, and I'm using 2x normal 120mm filters that they have for front fans, and for the side vent I use Ncase top filter.

It fits really good, I can recommend them.

Good stuff - for the bottom filter, did you use the V2 with cutouts for the feet, or did you use the normal rectangle version?

lomskat404

Chassis Packer
Mar 12, 2018
Hello everyone! I'm new here.

I'd like to purchase a Cerberus mATX case. I live in Poland and I suppose I can stomach the overall cost. Problem is, I wrote to Sliger with a few questions, but they have not answered me. Makes it kind of suspicious. I'd be grateful if someone could answer these questions for me:

1. Are there any plans on releasing the KI Cerberus to retailers in Europe? I guess many more people would buy the case if the delivery cost wasn't half the case's price.

2. Does the case come with any SSD brackets, or do I have to add them for 10$? I am going to mount 2 SSD drives.

3. What's the biggest fan diameter I can mount on the rear exhaust vent?

4. Could you recommend an air cooler for CPU that would fit in Cerberus? I intend to air cool for maximum silence. 2x 140mm bottom intakes for GPU + 1x 140mm side intake for CPU with a passive exhaust on top and active exhaust at the rear. But any tips are welcome.

5. The most important: How long will it take from placing an order for me to receive the case? Say, I order it this week - When can I expect it to arrive at my doorstep?

Greetings, SFF community!

Taswegian

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Oct 1, 2017
Hello everyone! I'm new here.

Welcome

I'd like to purchase a Cerberus mATX case. I live in Poland and I suppose I can stomach the overall cost. Problem is, I wrote to Sliger with a few questions, but they have not answered me. Makes it kind of suspicious. I'd be grateful if someone could answer these questions for me:

They're occasionally slow on responses, but don't be concerned, they are a trustworthy company. Lots of people have received their case and Sliger seem to be good about resolving any issues people have.

1. Are there any plans on releasing the KI Cerberus to retailers in Europe? I guess many more people would buy the case if the delivery cost wasn't half the case's price.

I seem to recall talk of plans to have the case stocked in Europe somewhere in the thread. Also talk of improving the shipping options. Can't say anything about when those things might happen though.

2. Does the case come with any SSD brackets, or do I have to add them for 10$? I am going to mount 2 SSD drives.

It does not come with SSD brackets because they aren't strictly needed. Two 2.5" drives can be mounted directly to the chassis. I'm not sure where those mounting locations are so you should check they don't conflict with something else you're installing.

3. What's the biggest fan diameter I can mount on the rear exhaust vent?

92mm

4. Could you recommend an air cooler for CPU that would fit in Cerberus? I intend to air cool for maximum silence. 2x 140mm bottom intakes for GPU + 1x 140mm side intake for CPU with a passive exhaust on top and active exhaust at the rear. But any tips are welcome.

Noctua C14S is a pretty good option. With two 140 fans in push/pull drawing air in through the side vent you'll also have plenty of downdraft moving air around the VRMs and RAM. Check Marc Paris' build (in a Cerb-X but still relevant) for some variations he tried and the results.

5. The most important: How long will it take from placing an order for me to receive the case? Say, I order it this week - When can I expect it to arrive at my doorstep?

Mine took 2 weeks but that was in the last half of December so surely worse than normal.

rcradiator

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Feb 23, 2018
Could you recommend an air cooler for CPU that would fit in Cerberus? I intend to air cool for maximum silence. 2x 140mm bottom intakes for GPU + 1x 140mm side intake for CPU with a passive exhaust on top and active exhaust at the rear. But any tips are welcome.
If you want to use the side fan brackets, the C14s is the best cooler for the job. If you're want to make some sort of side panel window or do something that would remove the side fan bracket, you can fit up to 149mm tall cpu coolers. The Cryorig H7 or the H7 Quad Lumi would work well, but if you want the absolute best, the Scythe FUMA is perfect as it's a dual tower cooler that is 149mm tall exactly. I have a FUMA inside the Cerberus X and it fits, if just barely. You'll want good fans for bottom intake if you choose to drop the side fan bracket as your main intake fans are the bottom mounted fans. Do make sure you have good vrm heatsinks on your motherboard as tower coolers tend to not do a good job with vrm cooling as they mostly pass air above them, not at them.

Reactions: jsco

lomskat404

Chassis Packer
Mar 12, 2018
Noctua C14S is a pretty good option. With two 140 fans in push/pull drawing air in through the side vent you'll also have plenty of downdraft moving air around the VRMs and RAM. Check Marc Paris' build (in a Cerb-X but still relevant) for some variations he tried and the results.

Mine took 2 weeks but that was in the last half of December so surely worse than normal.

Will definitely check it out, thanks!
Also, where are you from?

If you want to use the side fan brackets, the C14s is the best cooler for the job. If you're want to make some sort of side panel window or do something that would remove the side fan bracket, you can fit up to 149mm tall cpu coolers. The Cryorig H7 or the H7 Quad Lumi would work well, but if you want the absolute best, the Scythe FUMA is perfect as it's a dual tower cooler that is 149mm tall exactly. I have a FUMA inside the Cerberus X and it fits, if just barely. You'll want good fans for bottom intake if you choose to drop the side fan bracket as your main intake fans are the bottom mounted fans. Do make sure you have good vrm heatsinks on your motherboard as tower coolers tend to not do a good job with vrm cooling as they mostly pass air above them, not at them.

Actually, I was looking at Shadow Rock TF2, as my CPU is i7-8700 which obviously I will not overclock. I like the look of it - copper pipes + when the fan spins it looks like a phonograph record. I will not have a window, because I absolutely hate windowed cases with a passion, but I still like to have a bad-ass PC "under the hood".

lomskat404

Chassis Packer
Mar 12, 2018
Another question - does Cerberus come with a top fan bracket?

Also, the case in my config is 235$ plus shipping 130$ (ugh). Will there be more payments? Like do I need to also pay tax or some custom duty, or is it all included in the shipping cost?

Last edited:

KSliger

King of Cable Management
Sliger Designs
May 8, 2015
Another question - does Cerberus come with a top fan bracket?

Also, the case in my config is 235$ plus shipping 130$ (ugh). Will there be more payments? Like do I need to also pay tax or some custom duty, or is it all included in the shipping cost?

Email or PM me and I will see what we can do to get the fan bracket added without handle.

Customs varies by country, would check with customs for your country under "8473.30.90.00 - Other"

KSliger

King of Cable Management
Sliger Designs
May 8, 2015
Also window pre-orders are shipping out starting on Monday! Wood panels unfortunately will be postponed a few weeks - will update when I know more. We will message the people that ordered wood panels individually to work out a plan.

MarcParis

Spatial Philosopher
Apr 1, 2016
Also window pre-orders are shipping out starting on Monday! Wood panels unfortunately will be postponed a few weeks - will update when I know more. We will message the people that ordered wood panels individually to work out a plan.
Ahah, great news!

VegetableStu

Shrink Ray Wielder
Aug 18, 2016
@KSliger sorry to ask: did you recieve the email for the fan bracket thing? (white windowed KC11U with vented back panel sending to Portland to guy with numbers in name, ordered 2nd march)

BigBlackG

Cable Smoosher
Mar 14, 2018
I just got the green case with the black top. I'm loving it but I experienced the "missing screws" issue like some others in this post. I'm looking to get an X model as well for my threadripper build. I was tempted to grab that new ASRock MATX x399 board for my regular Cerberus case but I decided I *MAY* need the extra PCIE and ram slots in the future.

Taswegian

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Oct 1, 2017
Email or PM me and I will see what we can do to get the fan bracket added without handle.

I was a bit surprised to see the handle bracket is symmetrical. Surely the fan mounting should be offset as far toward the open side of the case as possible to increase chances of clearing stuff on the motherboard?

KSliger

King of Cable Management
Sliger Designs
May 8, 2015
@KSliger Hello, I just had a few questions about the feet mounting. What are the dimensions on the threaded rod, and would it be possible to extend them ~25mm?

Unfortunately no, is it related an issue with radiator mounting you're having?

I was a bit surprised to see the handle bracket is symmetrical. Surely the fan mounting should be offset as far toward the open side of the case as possible to increase chances of clearing stuff on the motherboard?

Would make sense, I had this same issue on my build - slim 120mm worked for me. In far future we might change the top fan bracket layout but no plans as of now.

I just got the green case with the black top. I'm loving it but I experienced the "missing screws" issue like some others in this post. I'm looking to get an X model as well for my threadripper build. I was tempted to grab that new ASRock MATX x399 board for my regular Cerberus case but I decided I *MAY* need the extra PCIE and ram slots in the future.

Screws are the 440 flat head, apologies you did not get them - but you do have the only Army Green case!

@KSliger sorry to ask: did you recieve the email for the fan bracket thing? (white windowed KC11U with vented back panel sending to Portland to guy with numbers in name, ordered 2nd march)

Please resend, I thought tariffs would slow things down but instead every one of our customers panic bought stuff and is building inventory - been bombarded over last few weeks.

Reactions: VegetableStu