Chimera Industries Cerberus: The 18L, mATX, USA-made enclosure

Johnny0971

Caliper Novice
Dec 19, 2017
My build is just completed. Only back plate is missing and still not received.
here some pictures for size comparison:

This is the internal pictures from by build:

Really nice and good looking build, kudos to you!

What PSU are you using?

Would you say that the PSU cables would interfere with a longer GPU?

Thanks!

Reactions: Biowarejak

anonbot

Minimal Tinkerer
Oct 14, 2017
so i have finished buying all my components but have yet to decided on a case. i mentioned previously that Cerberus X was on my list. i asked if the case would allow for a few optical drives and such but got no response. since then i have changed my need and have skipped the optical drives in favor of a hot swap drive bay. so, is there any hope for this case having 3-4 5.25" drive bays? i noticed that the case has many mods but none for 5.25" drive bays. PLEASE HELP ME!!!

Johnny0971

Caliper Novice
Dec 19, 2017
I have a question, and I would really appreciate a fast response if someone out there knows.

If I use an rear mounted ATX PSU in Cerberus X, with a depth of 140mm, is it possible to still use the swinging arm bracket and mount a 120mm AIO radiator next to the PSU? ( i.e to the right of the PSU )

Stephlearnstobuild

Cable Smoosher
Nov 26, 2017
@KSliger I understand things are backed up: I bought an x case last weekend and immediately realized I forgot to add the extra drive cage. I sent an email, but haven't gotten a response. I don't mind the delay (although I would love to have it tomorrow :) ) but I just hope it is all sent together.

Nyven

Caliper Novice
Nov 16, 2017
@anonbot This case doesn't have drive bays. If you click on page one you can see the case and get links to stats.

@Johnny0971 It would probably work but it would be tight with cables coming out of power supply. At that point I'd recommend just putting it on the front if the side was too tight as on the side would prevent you from using the front top anyways.

Reactions: Phuncz

Anthony

Average Stuffer
Dec 5, 2015
Well, looks like my build will be delayed for several months. My vehicle snapped a ball joint and ripped out the axle. I apparently offended Santa this year.

Reactions: W1NN1NG

chemist_slime

Caliper Novice
Aug 21, 2016
Just got done with my build but it took quite a bit of parts swapping to find the perfect fit. The unfortunate thing is that I was only able to find one PSU (Seasonic 1200W) with 170mm depth and enough power that would allow for the Enermax TR4 280mm AIO to fit and power the quad Titan Vs. Hopefully in the future, they'll be able to come out with one that has 1300+ W of power - 1200W barely squeezes by so no overclocking for now.

Cable management was also a tough one to crack, I had to constantly tuck cables behind the radiator in the rear to allow for adequate airflow throughout the case. The one mod that I plan to do next is get custom cables for the motherboard and the two EPS cables, that would clean up the top portion nicely as you can see from the photos.

Overall I'm extremely happy with the sizing of the case. I just received my second one and will be building one with 4 x 1080 Ti as a backup system but the top panel is a different color? Was that a mistake? It's charcoal grey and doesn't seem to match the side panels. Sliger?

Last edited:

loader963

King of Cable Management
Jan 21, 2017
Chemist_slime you are insane lol. That is a powerhouse. Was wondering if you were really serious in your earlier posts. Congrats on the build!

chemist_slime

Caliper Novice
Aug 21, 2016
Chemist_slime you are insane lol. That is a powerhouse. Was wondering if you were really serious in your earlier posts. Congrats on the build!

I wouldn't lie on a public forum. I'll do some stress tests and post results after I get some more time. I'm sort of worried about temperatures and tripping the power supply but we'll find out soon enough...

MarcParis

Spatial Philosopher
Apr 1, 2016
Just got done with my build but it took quite a bit of parts swapping to find the perfect fit. The unfortunate thing is that I was only able to find one PSU (Seasonic 1200W) with 170mm depth and enough power that would allow for the Enermax TR4 280mm AIO to fit and power the quad Titan Vs. Hopefully in the future, they'll be able to come out with one that has 1300+ W of power - 1200W barely squeezes by so no overclocking for now.

Cable management was also a tough one to crack, I had to constantly tuck cables behind the radiator in the rear to allow for adequate airflow throughout the case. The one mod that I plan to do next is get custom cables for the motherboard and the two EPS cables, that would clean up the top portion nicely as you can see from the photos.

Overall I'm extremely happy with the sizing of the case. I just received my second one and will be building one with 4 x 1080 Ti as a backup system but the top panel is a different color? Was that a mistake? It's charcoal grey and doesn't seem to match the side panels. Sliger?

That’s awesome.
You are simply pushing the limit...:)

For your top panel color, please write an pm to @KSliger and @PlayfulPhoenix

VegetableStu

Shrink Ray Wielder
Aug 18, 2016
so i have finished buying all my components but have yet to decided on a case. i mentioned previously that Cerberus X was on my list. i asked if the case would allow for a few optical drives and such but got no response. since then i have changed my need and have skipped the optical drives in favor of a hot swap drive bay. so, is there any hope for this case having 3-4 5.25" drive bays? i noticed that the case has many mods but none for 5.25" drive bays. PLEASE HELP ME!!!

there weren’t provisions made for outside serviceable bays at all. if you must, you will have to consider pulling out the dremel and figuring out how to mount it yourself

dreix

Trash Compacter
Sep 11, 2016

Wow, yo do really need to heat up your room, don't you? :D

Can you tell us more about the thermals please? Really curious. BTW could you take a picture from the top? I am quite interested how did you manage to bend the AIO tubes on the pump, given this massive PSU you got there.

Thanks and really cool build!

Ghleis

Minimal Tinkerer
Dec 2, 2017
Really nice and good looking build, kudos to you!

What PSU are you using?

Would you say that the PSU cables would interfere with a longer GPU?

Thanks!

Thank you.

I am using Silverstone SX700 (SFX-L) PSU.

It will be a bit tight with front intake fan but there is space behind PSU (my SSD installed there) can be used to store the cables.

Sancus

Trash Compacter
Nov 12, 2017
I finally received my case. Build wasn't too bad and I was concerned about my 300mm(Gigabyte GTX 980 Windforce) based on some previous posts that had issues with a front-mounted SFX-L and cards of that length, but it wasn't a problem. In fact the hoses to the bottom-mounted 240mm Fractal S24 were more of a pain, but I worked it out. The Silverstone SX800-LTI(and I assume other PSUs of that style like the 700W one) has cables that bend very easily close to the plugs, so that was very helpful.

Unfortunately there's a problem with my motherboard(one of the RAM slots is bad, tried 4 different sticks in it) so I'm gonna wait until a replacement arrives on Sunday and I finish up the build to post pictures and more build details.

I will say that something I hadn't noticed before but that becomes apparent when building is that the fact that the hinged bracket is held on with two screws is a bit of a pain when you have generally toolless access otherwise. I wonder why the peg fasteners weren't used there? Seems like there is plenty of space for their backing to fit between the PSU and side of the case.

I didn't have any trouble pulling most of my panels off(the top one was a little tough, but that's it) and none of the little scratches and dents that some early people posted about were present on my case, it appeared to be pristine so good work @KSliger!

Reactions: KSliger

MarcParis

Spatial Philosopher
Apr 1, 2016
I finally received my case. Build wasn't too bad and I was concerned about my 300mm(Gigabyte GTX 980 Windforce) based on some previous posts that had issues with a front-mounted SFX-L and cards of that length, but it wasn't a problem. In fact the hoses to the bottom-mounted 240mm Fractal S24 were more of a pain, but I worked it out. The Silverstone SX800-LTI(and I assume other PSUs of that style like the 700W one) has cables that bend very easily close to the plugs, so that was very helpful.

Unfortunately there's a problem with my motherboard(one of the RAM slots is bad, tried 4 different sticks in it) so I'm gonna wait until a replacement arrives on Sunday and I finish up the build to post pictures and more build details.

I will say that something I hadn't noticed before but that becomes apparent when building is that the fact that the hinged bracket is held on with two screws is a bit of a pain when you have generally toolless access otherwise. I wonder why the peg fasteners weren't used there? Seems like there is plenty of space for their backing to fit between the PSU and side of the case.

I didn't have any trouble pulling most of my panels off(the top one was a little tough, but that's it) and none of the little scratches and dents that some early people posted about were present on my case, it appeared to be pristine so good work @KSliger!
Eager to see pictures.
You are aio tubing management could be an issue. Your celsius s24 tubes are pretty long, but are easier to bend than others (like corsair)

KSliger

King of Cable Management
Sliger Designs
May 8, 2015
I have a question, and I would really appreciate a fast response if someone out there knows.

If I use an rear mounted ATX PSU in Cerberus X, with a depth of 140mm, is it possible to still use the swinging arm bracket and mount a 120mm AIO radiator next to the PSU? ( i.e to the right of the PSU )

Yes! I cannot find a build picture at the moment but this is possible. (I had done it with my Hybrid GPU 120mm)

@KSliger I understand things are backed up: I bought an x case last weekend and immediately realized I forgot to add the extra drive cage. I sent an email, but haven't gotten a response. I don't mind the delay (although I would love to have it tomorrow :) ) but I just hope it is all sent together.

Did you email us? We've been slammed this last week, all orders shipped, but if we did not get a PM or email it probably did not get added. We can take care of that though!

That build is gorgeous, and looks like we did mix up a grey and black - PM me I'll get a black panel sent out ASAP. Also should not be sitting on top of the button like it is, can that be pushed down on? Should be flush with base chamfer of switch.