JST crimp tool, which one?

smitty2k1

King of Cable Management
Original poster
Dec 3, 2016
Hey y'all, I'm going to be building up a Mean Well EPP-200-12 AC DC power supply in the coming days and was looking for suggestions on a cheap crimping tool. I need a JST crimper and the Engineer 20 or 21 that are recommended are $40+. Surely there is a less expensive alternative considering I only need to crimp a few small wires?

Thehack

Spatial Philosopher
Creator
Mar 6, 2016
J-hackcompany.com
Hey y'all, I'm going to be building up a Mean Well EPP-200-12 AC DC power supply in the coming days and was looking for suggestions on a cheap crimping tool. I need a JST crimper and the Engineer 20 or 21 that are recommended are $40+. Surely there is a less expensive alternative considering I only need to crimp a few small wires?

Do you have the housing already? I can just crimp those for you with wires and send you them. But you want the bigger one.

It's a very good tool and worth it if you're going to do any kind of small connectors in the future. This includes working on drones, RCs, PCs. Anything cheaper would be just frustrating to use.

Reactions: smitty2k1

smitty2k1

King of Cable Management
Original poster
Dec 3, 2016
Do you have the housing already? I can just crimp those for you with wires and send you them. But you want the bigger one.

It's a very good tool and worth it if you're going to do any kind of small connectors in the future. This includes working on drones, RCs, PCs. Anything cheaper would be just frustrating to use.

Yeah I bought the version with the housing. So the -21 model is the better than the -20 one for PC use? I do tend to tinker but I'm more of a mechanical guy rather than an electrical guy. Guess I'll bite the bullet!