Log Help with parts list. Custom Wiring for my first all 12v build.

veveaucent

Cable Smoosher
Original poster
Nov 15, 2018
I am planning to run my AMD 2400G APU system off of a Mean Well EPP-200-12 power supply. I would like to use either the standard desktop 3 prog receptacle into the case or a laptop 3 prog receptacle. I plan to run custom wires from the socket to the Mean Well 3 prong input. The Mean Well power supply has a 6 prong outlet with 3 positive and 3 negative receptacles. I plan to run four of these (2 positive 2 negative) to the 8 pin EPS. The other 2 I plan to run to a Pico PSU for the motherboard. I live in Canada. I have a soldering iron (but no wire or heat shrink) Any recommendations where I get the following supplies? Did I miss anything?

1x Power Socket (I don't even know what these are called)
1x Crimpers (What head do I need for these crimps?)
1x JST 3P male terminal (are these all the same size or are there different sizes?)
1x JST 6P male terminal
1x JST 2P male terminal
1x 8 pin male EPS terminal
Red 14 guage wire (Is this appropriate for a ~120w system?)
Black 14 guage wire
50x crimps (I don't even know what size or type to get, I could use some help here)
1x multi pack of various sizes of heat shrink
Additional Questions:
For the 8 EPS wires is it okay to daisy chain the 4 off the PSU into 8 or should I split them into 8 before the crimp (and solder/heat shrink the splits)
Is there anything else I should consider purchasing for this project?

So far I've ordered everything off Aliexpress for my other projects as they are the most affordable, and I can wait the 4-6 weeks for shipping. If anyone's really board feel free to share a shopping cart with me. I'm really not familiar with the skews and don't want to order the wrong thing and have to wait another month.

smitty2k1

King of Cable Management
Dec 3, 2016
Hey did you take a look at the very excellent 12v power supply guide thread that @Thehack made a few years back? It includes all the part numbers you would need. I followed it to a "T" when doing my Meanwell + 2400g build.

One note - you should just need to use one output from the Meanwell. The PicoPSU boards all include an EPS cable for the motherboard.

I'm in the US and could offer plenty of places to buy tools and parts, but I'm not sure what shipping is like. Recently I've been buying my small parts from eBay as they seem to have plenty of vendors so you can always find exactly what you need in stock and ready to ship.

The power cables/outlets you're looking for are all C5/C6/C13 etc. I used the two lobe polarized C7 cable when I did my build. I've since swapped it to a 3 lobe "Mickey mouse" C5 power cable because I'm also running a GPU and wanted grounding. The C7 are super thin and flexible because they don't have a ground cable. Great for portability.

veveaucent

Cable Smoosher
Original poster
Nov 15, 2018
Yeah, my PicuPSU does have an EPS connector, but that also has a SATA and Molex connector hooked onto it which aren't being used and looks quite ugly. So I guess my options are to either run an EPS line straight from the PSU or make a new cable from the PicoPSU to the EPS conector (preferred) The line from the PicoPSU seems to use a smaller terminal (and smaller wires) than the input for the unit. I have no idea what this part would be called or how to order a male terminal/crimps for it. That's why I was asking about different sized JST terminals.
250w PicoPSU