J-HACK Mod Shop

Soul_Est

SFF Guru
SFFn Staff
Feb 12, 2016
That looks excellent

https://www.j-hackcompany.com
Looking forward to using this in a future build.

Thehack

Spatial Philosopher
Original poster
Creator
Mar 6, 2016
J-hackcompany.com

L9a Almost ready for release. Let me know if you'd like to use this with a 120 x 15mm or 120 x 25mm.

Spec is at 4mm height to clear RAM. Naked RAM is recommended. 6mm version to clear LPX RAM kits, i think.

smitty2k1

King of Cable Management
Dec 3, 2016

L9a Almost ready for release. Let me know if you'd like to use this with a 120 x 15mm or 120 x 25mm.

Spec is at 4mm height to clear RAM. Naked RAM is recommended. 6mm version to clear LPX RAM kits, i think.

Looks nice! does anyone even make naked ram anymore?

Thehack

Spatial Philosopher
Original poster
Creator
Mar 6, 2016
J-hackcompany.com
Looks nice! does anyone even make naked ram anymore?

I was curious about what you said so I searched and I'm quite surprised that the faster and more desirable speeds don't come in naked type. I did already make the adjustment to add mounting holes that 100% clears the RAM, offsetting towards VRM instead. I'd still avoid using the ASUS ITX motherboards though, this likely wouldn't fit. Their heatsinks also traps airflow.

Kmpkt

Innovation through Miniaturization
KMPKT
Feb 1, 2016
I would be really curious to see how this bracket affects airflow on the L9i. Hypothetically a small gap like that should allow for more normalization of airflow and pressure across the face of the heatsink improving air delivery to each individual fin. Basically would reduce the tip to hub difference in airflow. Mind testing?

Thehack

Spatial Philosopher
Original poster
Creator
Mar 6, 2016
J-hackcompany.com
I would be really curious to see how this bracket affects airflow on the L9i. Hypothetically a small gap like that should allow for more normalization of airflow and pressure across the face of the heatsink improving air delivery to each individual fin. Basically would reduce the tip to hub difference in airflow. Mind testing?

I think because of how small the L9i is, and it makes very little difference because the 92mm fan is perfect for it. The L9a is a bit bigger as you know. I do not have an L9i so I cannot test it.

Also, the original L9a adapter that Josh currently has, what is the conclusion on it?

eme

Trash Compacter
May 14, 2017

I would love to have 120mm version

Elerek

Cable-Tie Ninja
Jul 17, 2017
I'd be interested in a shroud to fit between an l9i/a's 92mm fan and the side of an s4-mini to reduce recycled air

Elerek

Cable-Tie Ninja
Jul 17, 2017

It can be done.

Is there any preference between a square (octagonal) cutout or a circular cutout for the fan?

Octagonal is fine, but could you do one with one side that's vertical? My ram is really tall and there's only a few mm between it and the heatsink and fan.