Power Supply HDPlex 400W AC-DC Adapter

cornut

Caliper Novice
Jan 28, 2019
I just placed my order. I can't say I've been waiting a year though, I just signed up here and purchased a preowned (unused) S4M that's showing up Monday.

Reactions: NinoPecorino

LFO

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Jun 23, 2018
Order confirmed, finally!!!!

Now my next big question is ... will the prices for RAM & GPU's further drop untill feb 25th or will they go up again?
The passed week I noticed a sweet drop for the RAM and GPU that I'm after... if I wait it might go up again by then... not sure if the prices depend on the USD rate or what... some say its the bitcoin rate, but we all know these are worth next to nothing anymore.

LFO

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Jun 23, 2018
Thats what Larry said 50 pcs it's been put back loads.. I've been emailing asking for the last year now! But it's finally here just pre-ordered so hope I get one of the 50 as they won't even ship till 25th Feb.

Thanks for the info I'm going to have to looking into something with less soldering as I'm no good with that

Maybe you could make the cutout on the mini larger so it will fit the C14, not sure how to cut it out though.
I find using a stepdrill to make 12mm hole bigger to 16mm already risky enough... so I kept away of making it fit for the C14

dealwithitx

Caliper Novice
Nov 15, 2017
By the way is it possible to find a ELP-03V to C6 cable with a mount? Earlier in the thread @Kmpkt mentioned he could work on that. Yeah, bringing up grounding topic again :D

Last edited:

sparklepony

Average Stuffer
Jul 24, 2018
I just did the preorder of HDPLEX 400W AC-DC. I don't want to buy the 400W DC-ATX, it's a bit bulky for S4 mini.
But the Dynamo 360 is still not available. Are there any good alternatives?

What are you planning on putting inside the case since you think the dc-atx is bulky?
My build is an i5-8500 with a 2060, brickless with the AC-DC and the DC-ATX. It will be tight, but it will fit.

19NinetySix

Trash Compacter
Jun 28, 2018
Very helpful guy josh, now think getting my s4 mini grounded should be doable for me. I will get this C-6 connector and use the butt connectors shown in his video since am no good a soldering.

akisu

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Jan 15, 2019
I am scared about soldering as well. How do you plan to connect the C-6 plug with the cables as they just have pins?
My other issue is to find some kind of special cables for the cpu power connector that doesn't need any space between the AC-DC and the gpu.

19NinetySix

Trash Compacter
Jun 28, 2018
hey cool!

Would the S4M Skyreach case need any customization to fit that C6 connector?

Yeah but i'm not sure how much yet.

I am scared about soldering as well. How do you plan to connect the C-6 plug with the cables as they just have pins?

I was looking at this

https://cpc.farnell.com/schurter/4300-0100/c6-iec-inlet-0724-screw-solder/dp/CN19989

not sure but I got the impression it can be soldered or screwed into place? like wires on uk plugs connect to prongs.

if not i will have find someone who can solder it

sparklepony

Average Stuffer
Jul 24, 2018
Soldering really is quite simple.
It's also pretty forgiving, as you can reheat your solder and try again. If you just need to solder one wire to another I recommend watching a youtube video on how to do it, it's really simple. If you're going to be soldering near your other components, like gpu or motherboard, then get some help.

Moonshiner01

Cable Smoosher
Feb 6, 2019
Soldering really is quite simple.
It's also pretty forgiving, as you can reheat your solder and try again. If you just need to solder one wire to another I recommend watching a youtube video on how to do it, it's really simple. If you're going to be soldering near your other components, like gpu or motherboard, then get some help.
Agreed. Its very easy as long as you wait for your soldering iron to heat up enough. I've known a couple people who get frustrated cause it takes 5 minutes to get to temperature lol

fishyswaz

Chassis Packer
Feb 3, 2017
You'll get addicted to soldering once you start, promise lol.
All you need is a £20 Antex soldering iron for the job you want to do, flux (pen's easiest for you), solder, iron stand and some solder brass for cleaning the iron. Cable strippers are good, but teeth/scalpel can do as well.

Get your stripped wire, flux, tin with solder. Flux and tin the pad you want to solder to, put tinned wire on tinned pad, and solder em together.

Bluetacks good for holding the object you soldering to down instead of shelling out for a decent holder, and for plus pro points popping some shrink tube over the wire pre soldering is good practice.

Or get someone else to do it for you lol.

LFO

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Jun 23, 2018
After watching the last live stream it makes me wonder if there is enough room left for the pins sticking out of the GX16-3 connector as it looks very tight to fit the 400W ACDC in mini IMHO.