Power Supply HDPlex 400W AC-DC Adapter

Untero

Average Stuffer
Dec 14, 2017
And so one more month comes by. I'm pretty sure we wouldn't see a unit in February because of a Chinese New Year, so I'd expect middle - to end March as the next realistic time-frame.
Good lord is that taking long. By March that would be a whole year since we've heard about a product first time.

Reactions: HYPERTiZ

Reldey

Master of Cramming
Original poster
Feb 14, 2017
Well, if it is any consolation the product page has been updated quite a bit with a lot more information.

19NinetySix

Trash Compacter
Jun 28, 2018
So can anyone tell me what i need to have my s4 mini grounded with this (uk)? any links to parts would be big help

LFO

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Jun 23, 2018
custom GX16 cabling from @Josh | NFC

,or a C14 to C6 adapter, & you cut a C6 sized hole, in your SkyReach S4 Mini.

I prepared 2 GX16-3 cables for my Mini, 1 longer one for when I'm on location and a shorter one as a permanent install at home.
None the less I still need to cut the C14 that comes with the Hdplex ACDC, I wish there was a spare one in the box or a wired blank with just a JST ELR-03V on it. Ive been looking around for these connectors already but all I could find are bulk packages of 500p...

Btw, does anyone has a real estimate for the ACDC instead of assumptions or rumors? I was prepared for the 20th but the date came and went ... so uhm ... anyone? Thx

Untero

Average Stuffer
Dec 14, 2017
I prepared 2 GX16-3 cables for my Mini, 1 longer one for when I'm on location and a shorter one as a permanent install at home.
None the less I still need to cut the C14 that comes with the Hdplex ACDC, I wish there was a spare one in the box or a wired blank with just a JST ELR-03V on it. Ive been looking around for these connectors already but all I could find are bulk packages of 500p...

Btw, does anyone has a real estimate for the ACDC instead of assumptions or rumors? I was prepared for the 20th but the date came and went ... so uhm ... anyone? Thx

Last thing Larry said was
400W ACDC will be on sale this month for sure. A very small batch will ship before Jan 25th. Big batch will arrive after Feb.
Feb. part still seems to be valid.

Duality92

Airflow Optimizer
Apr 12, 2018
I was supposed to have one for a build to showcase it, it's quite dusty not, but I'm quite anxious to get that finished :p

HYPERTiZ

Average Stuffer
Feb 5, 2018
I might run it externally temporarily - would I need to do anything or would it just suffice using the supplied cables to connect them like a dell replacement? Maybe a dust filter? or would airflow be sufficient to prevent dust build up over time considering the opposite side having simular holes?

DarkCanuck

Average Stuffer
Jun 28, 2018
Does anyone in the community know if someone is currently working with Larry on creating an external enclosure for the HDPLEX 400W adapter?

19NinetySix

Trash Compacter
Jun 28, 2018

Most said here is from larry him self via email.. just been put back a lot.

Anyway what does this GX16-3 plug into really want mine grounded but not sure how or just a part list

Gutzy

Caliper Novice
Mar 11, 2018

Hol' up a minute?!?!?!?!?!?!?!!!!!!!!!!!

This picture means i can swap my dell brick pretty seamlessly with the HDPLEX400!!!

Thank you! Thank you ! Thank you!

Cant wait to order one!

LFO

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Jun 23, 2018
Most said here is from larry him self via email.. just been put back a lot.

Anyway what does this GX16-3 plug into really want mine grounded but not sure how or just a part list

I though there would be 50 units available Jan the 20th, guess not!

Well, there is no cutout on the s4m for a C14 connector so the alternative is to cut the C14 off and solder a GX16-3 on it, it's a 3 pin so it's grounded. On the mini itself you need to enlarge the 12mm cutout to 16mm with a step-drill to make it fit though. The other part of the GX16-3 connector you solder on to your power cable, and your done!

19NinetySix

Trash Compacter
Jun 28, 2018
I though there would be 50 units available Jan the 20th, guess not!

Well, there is no cutout on the s4m for a C14 connector so the alternative is to cut the C14 off and solder a GX16-3 on it, it's a 3 pin so it's grounded. On the mini itself you need to enlarge the 12mm cutout to 16mm with a step-drill to make it fit though. The other part of the GX16-3 connector you solder on to your power cable, and your done!

Thats what Larry said 50 pcs it's been put back loads.. I've been emailing asking for the last year now! But it's finally here just pre-ordered so hope I get one of the 50 as they won't even ship till 25th Feb.

Thanks for the info I'm going to have to looking into something with less soldering as I'm no good with that

iaomw

Trash Compacter
Feb 24, 2017
I just did the preorder of HDPLEX 400W AC-DC. I don't want to buy the 400W DC-ATX, it's a bit bulky for S4 mini.
But the Dynamo 360 is still not available. Are there any good alternatives?