Power Supply HDPlex 400W AC-DC Adapter

HYPERTiZ

Average Stuffer
Feb 5, 2018
Just curious since I have a ITX Sapphire Pulse RX570 *(and a Skyreach 4 Mini)* - Will I require a low profile adapter for the PCiE Cable on the Graphics Card - considering the dimensions of the HDPLEX 400W AC-DC Adapter? (Forgive me if it has asked before - it seems to be of a standard ITX (height) size)

Last edited:

rook

Average Stuffer
Jul 9, 2018
ETA text has changed to "Pre-order will open soon!". When would they actually ship the units?

From all we've heard, pre-order is such a strange change of words put up on the site. That would mean units aren't ready to ship despite the 20th ETA that was up earlier. Larry has been a master of maintaining the exclusivity and hype around his product though. I still want one.

scatterforce

Master of Cramming
May 21, 2018
I've decided I need this in my next build. I won't have all the parts together until summer, but the PSU has been my biggest concern. When this launches, it will probably be the first part I buy.

Jello

Airflow Optimizer
Nov 15, 2016
Just curious since I have a ITX Sapphire Pulse RX570 - Will I require a low profile adapter for the PCiE Cable on the Graphics Card - considering the dimensions of the HDPLEX 400W AC-DC Adapter? (Forgive me if it has asked before - it seems to be of a standard ITX (height) size)

What case are you going to use?

Arcanum

What's an ITX?
Jan 21, 2019
oh right sorry I should have mentioned - Skyreach 4 Mini. I cant believe i forgot to mention the case.. yikes.
Well, there is not really ANY space to fit a connector, you would need to create custom cables and plug all of the pins individually and bend part of the pins themselves. That is what I am planning on (right now I have an ATX PSU just hanging from the case)

If you find a less ghetto way of doing that (an actual really low profile pcie power 8 pin), let me know

Tanax

Average Stuffer
Jul 7, 2016
It seems like getting a GPU that is ITX length-wise is better than ITX height-wise since even a ITX height-wise GPU will require a LOT of tinkering to get the power cables to the GPU to fit.

Having the 400W AC-DC mounted at the front of the S4M will make it much easier to fit the power cable to the GPU since that side will be clear - even if the GPU is oversized height-wise :)

Maybe just me..!

HYPERTiZ

Average Stuffer
Feb 5, 2018
Well, there is not really ANY space to fit a connector, you would need to create custom cables and plug all of the pins individually and bend part of the pins themselves. That is what I am planning on (right now I have an ATX PSU just hanging from the case)

If you find a less ghetto way of doing that (an actual really low profile pcie power 8 pin), let me know

Sounds similar to what you are aiming for? Thoughts?
https://www.moddiy.com/products/PCI...%2dPin-6%2dPin-Connector-Extension-Cable.html

Penguin

Trash Compacter
Jul 25, 2018

No, that will still be too big. In a video you can see Josh using some cables that do not have any plastic mount, which is what you'll need to do.

Here you can see the space left over between with the Vega Nano (screenshot from the video @Arcanum linked). There is no space for any plastic mounts.

HYPERTiZ

Average Stuffer
Feb 5, 2018
No, that will still be too big. In a video you can see Josh using some cables that do not have any plastic mount, which is what you'll need to do.

Here you can see the space left over between with the Vega Nano (screenshot from the video @Arcanum linked). There is no space for any plastic mounts.
damn thats tight - literally - how will it stay in place then?

HYPERTiZ

Average Stuffer
Feb 5, 2018

i noticed these
Special Mini Low-Profile 8-Pin to 8-Pin PCI-E Extension Cable (15cm)
https://www.moddiy.com/products/Spe...o-6%2dPin-PCI%2dE-Extension-Cable-(15cm).html

Special Mini Low-Profile 6-Pin to 6-Pin PCI-E Extension Cable (15cm)
https://www.moddiy.com/products/Spe...o-8%2dPin-PCI%2dE-Extension-Cable-(15cm).html

But not sure - it really depends.

extensions however.

Penguin

Trash Compacter
Jul 25, 2018
i noticed these
Special Mini Low-Profile 8-Pin to 8-Pin PCI-E Extension Cable (15cm)
https://www.moddiy.com/products/Special-Mini-Low%2dProfile-6%2dPin-to-6%2dPin-PCI%2dE-Extension-Cable-(15cm).html

Special Mini Low-Profile 6-Pin to 6-Pin PCI-E Extension Cable (15cm)
https://www.moddiy.com/products/Special-Mini-Low%2dProfile-8%2dPin-to-8%2dPin-PCI%2dE-Extension-Cable-(15cm).html

But not sure - it really depends.

extensions however.

If these are bendable enough they might work, but it will be very tight. Just get the hot air gun out and try!

@Penguin @HYPERTiZ
https://item.taobao.com/item.htm?spm=a21wu.10013406.0.0.397b22bfsNbYyj&id=585069181135

i also remember that someone posted an even lower profile version of that connector on this forum but i can't find it just now.

The linked one seem too big I'd say, but maybe the lower profile on could work. I guess we will see a myriad of posts regarding the S4 mini with different GPUs once the 400W AC-DC is actually out with a bunch of different creative solutions.

Goatee

King of Cable Management
Jun 22, 2018
If these are bendable enough they might work, but it will be very tight. Just get the hot air gun out and try!

The linked one seem too big I'd say, but maybe the lower profile on could work. I guess we will see a myriad of posts regarding the S4 mini with different GPUs once the 400W AC-DC is actually out with a bunch of different creative solutions.

I think it would be relatively easy to make your own for these. I have some low profile 8 pins ones I'm currently making for my build (not a S4 mini but with extremely limited space). Does anyone have an idea what the space between card and case is, 5mm, 10mm? I might see if I can knock something up tonight to show what I mean.

Penguin

Trash Compacter
Jul 25, 2018