Power Supply HDPlex 400W AC-DC Adapter

Kmpkt

Innovation through Miniaturization
KMPKT
Feb 1, 2016
So I received a bunch of information about preliminary unit testing tonight. While I can't share the details at this time, I can say that it is extremely encouraging and certainly more than I was expecting. Hoping to be able to take the lid off next week once testing is done and a few critical decisions are made on the final implementation of the unit.

Thanks for the clarification! If I may bother you a bit more.. I'm confused on which parts of the case you mean by "front" and "bottom." Which orientation are you referring to?

Bottom is opposite the GPU's PCIe fingers while front is the at the opposite end of the GPU from the PCIe bracket.

Josh | NFC

Not From Concentrate
NFC Systems
Jun 12, 2015
www.nfc-systems.com
All,
Came back after a week, after some hesitation, and thanks to all for your support
Thanks all @Kmpkt @Choidebu @Josh | NFC for your support and gesture.

I believe i cannot leave this forum as easily as i think...

Neither can I mate. If I could I would get a cheaper and less stressful hobby. :)

Reldey

Master of Cramming
Original poster
Feb 14, 2017
Great news! I'm definitely buying this to pair with my HDPLEX 400W DC-DC. Some reactions here are unexpected, not only it's an amazing replacement for Dell brick, it can be used internally if there are more pros than cons for you in doing that.

Yeah I think the idea of it being a solid replacement to the Dell brick is more exciting than trying to fit in inside the Mini, for more applications.

Nanook

King of Cable Management
May 23, 2016
Thinking ahead... if we are to use this as an external brick for the S4M, what are the considerations?

- would we need an enclosure for it, and ability to dress off all the connectors / cables?

- can we still use the barrel plug that connects to the 400w DC-ATX, or will I have to mod the case to allow a Molex connector at the rear panel?

Biowarejak

Maker of Awesome | User 1615
Platinum Supporter
Mar 6, 2017
Thinking ahead... if we are to use this as an external brick for the S4M, what are the considerations?

- would we need an enclosure for it, and ability to dress off all the connectors / cables?

- can we still use the barrel plug that connects to the 400w DC-ATX, or will I have to mod the case to allow a Molex connector at the rear panel?

If you're using it externally, it's probably less work for you to use the molex connectors. Using a barrel plug doesn't make too much sense to me, but the aviation connectors might be a good compromise :)

Reactions: Josh | NFC

Reldey

Master of Cramming
Original poster
Feb 14, 2017

@Kmpkt put the thought out there that he would work on making an externalization kit for it. I think it makes a lot of sense.