Motherboard GIGABYTE AB350N-Gaming WIFI

Nonononoki

Efficiency Noob
Jun 12, 2017
Posted on reddit (https://www.reddit.com/r/sffpc/comments/6ifbl5/gigabyte_ab350n_gaming_wifi/):

*mumbles* I don't need it, I don't need it, I don't need it, I don't need it, I don't need it.. *mumbles*
I NEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEED IT!!!
Since they've been mass produced, they will be available for purchase soon, right?

Pelican

Average Stuffer
May 23, 2017
Do we know how much it is expected to cost?

My opinion is swinging back to the Gigabyte board now. The ASRock one isn't going to have USB 3.1 apparently, and it also has less rear USB ports and no LEDs which is a downer. Optical sound isn't worth that to me, but I'm still annoyed Gigabyte left it out.

Last edited:

Nintenrax

Chassis Packer
Jun 6, 2017
Do we know how much it is expected to cost?

My opinion is swinging back to the Gigabyte board now. The ASRock one isn't going to have USB 3.1 apparently, and it also has less rear USB ports and no LEDs which is a downer. Optical sound isn't worth that to me, but I'm still annoyed Gigabyte left it out.

It has an internal S/PDIF header though, so you could make it work somehow.

carbonitetoast

Caliper Novice
Jun 16, 2017
hey look a review: https://lanoc.org/review/motherboards/7570-gigabyte-ab350n-gaming-wifi

"So with an MSRP of $114.99, the AB350N Gaming WiFi is actually a good value and is priced close to the Gaming 3 with the extra cost of the WiFi bumping the price up $. I was told that there should be a small availability of the boards this week with more coming in later when the main shipments come in via sea."

Curiosity

Too busy figuring out if I can to think if I shoul
Platinum Supporter
Bronze Supporter
M...M...M...M...Multi-Tier...Subscriber...
Apr 30, 2016
I see some people putting more emphasis than necessary on the connector layout.
It's definitely sub-optimal, but when I had a Gigabye H77N-WiFi it worked out fine.

TheHig

King of Cable Management
Oct 13, 2016
You make a good point concerning the layout. I have the Gigabyte z87 wifi and the layout is pretty similar too. Hasn't been an issue in a few chassis it's been in. Latest being my Son's Hadron air.

I know I have been all over the Asrock board but sooner may be better!

Jonny727272

Airflow Optimizer
Feb 26, 2017
The biggest problem I'm having is the front panel headers. I've had to buy an extension kit since the button on my case doesn't reach far enough as is.

TheHig

King of Cable Management
Oct 13, 2016
The biggest problem I'm having is the front panel headers. I've had to buy an extension kit since the button on my case doesn't reach far enough as is.

Yes. Those can be an issue with this layout. Keeping the cabling tidy too as mentioned by others.

Jonny727272

Airflow Optimizer
Feb 26, 2017
My biggest gripe is the location of the 8-pin. How am I am supposed to hide that cable without using a large Scythe HSF? However, with support for USB 3.1, I still prefer this board over the 3.0 limited ASrock board.
Not only that, but there being 3 less USB ports on the rear I/O of the ASrock board is a total deal breaker. I would instantly use all 5 up with peripherals.

3lfk1ng

King of Cable Management
SFFn Staff
Bronze Supporter
Jun 3, 2016
www.reihengaming.com
I have an Anker USB hub since I often switch between desktop and laptop so that's non-issue for me.

But I have an external Samsung T3 SSD that is USB 3.1 so I don't want to miss out on that if it can be avoided.

Last edited:

Pelican

Average Stuffer
May 23, 2017
The mobo has also appeared on at least three New Zealand stores for around $220 NZD incl. GST (which is $161 USD if you convert that exact amount, but NZ prices are always more expensive). Out of stock on all, but some allowing for orders. I managed to secure an order on one site for $209 NZD but they've since increased the price.

cadiguno

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Oct 18, 2016
Gigabyte's stuff is generally more expensive than it should be in Indonesia, I think NZ (and other SEA / OCE countries) are on the same boat.

But due to the amount of USB ports and WiFi I think I'm still going to get it even if it's overpriced.

Reactions: Pelican

confusis

John Morrison. Founder and Team Leader of SFF.N
SFF Network
SFF Workshop
SFFn Staff
Jun 19, 2015
sff.network
$220NZ isn't bad really, as that's about what I paid for my Gigabyte F2A88XN-Wifi a couple years back.

Reactions: Pelican