Concept FreeFlow collection by NCASE + STREACOM

ScottSimply

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Nov 15, 2021
So when are we getting an actual introduction to the cases? 🤔
There's been some more updates over on the SFF Gurus Discord:

2022-10-15: Just wanted to give you guys more images as promised.
2022-12-14: TLDR, there are some flex with one of the brackets. So we made a last minute change. If this week's the new bracket design is ok, we told ourselves no more feature creep / changes and just release.
2022-12-19: The changed parts arrived last Saturday. I got Covid Friday, so I have not been to that office yet b/c I don't want to get others sick.
So it's definitely getting there, hopefully W360 will be well again soon and we'll get more news shortly :)

ignsvn

By Toutatis!
SFFn Staff
Apr 4, 2016

For those who aren't on Discord.

For transparency & context, I quote a part of the accompanying text:

"This photo is an earlier prototype from 2022 summer. The idea is to use new manufacturing techniques to reduce part count, and complexity, not unlike a certain well know EV maker. This older iteration does capture how I envision the product. It's not painted black, just raw metal prototype. Since last summer, we have refined the design and process for 1) new & bigger 40XX Nvidia GPUs and 2) more compatibility while 3) keeping the product under 16L."

daddelbud

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Jan 9, 2019
Have anyone seen any updates to this case? Original post says release early Q1 2023, which is kinda overdue.

Frenzy

Trash Compacter
Feb 14, 2020
I cant be prowling Discord all the time. Computex underway, awaiting news with bated breath 😁

tinyitx

Shrink Ray Wielder
Jan 25, 2018
I wish to remain in the camp of air cooling and riser-cable-free.
This means, Config# 1,3 and 4 are my choices.
However, I also prefer a vertical standing case. This narrows my choices down to Config# 3 and 4.
But Config# 3 is meant for ATX PSU (and thus a narrower GPU) and I really prefer SFX/L PSU and a thicker card, my choice is finally set on Config #4.

I am going to buy 2 cases this year.
I have already bought the COOJ Z13 (vs Acat x2) case.
And, for the 2nd case, I was originally planning to pick either the Ncase M1EVO or the Dan C4-SFX. Now, I must add this FF-01 (I bet FF stands for Free Flow) to the arena. Will pick 1 out of these 3 fine cases.

Key question:- does anyone have any idea the ETA of this FF-01?

Last edited:

Analogue Blacksheep

King of Cable Management
Dec 2, 2018
May I ask, where do you get this news (ie the early Q4 date)?

Hardware Canunks has a cool short on it as well! You can see the case at different angles.

tinyitx

Shrink Ray Wielder
Jan 25, 2018
Ah...so, it is more like late Q3 (ie Sept) then.
And, it is truly ''no way it is selling for $99''.

Reactions: rfarmer

Analogue Blacksheep

King of Cable Management
Dec 2, 2018
Food for thought, just copying my words over from Discord, but notice that large open area under where the motherboard is? I wonder if you could make a plate that allows for more PCIE slots with an ATX motherboard by using it with a FlexATX PSU.