Concept SENTRY 3.0: Development and Suggestions

Atremo

Caliper Novice
Mar 3, 2018
As long as there is no 3.0 I will keep on using my 2.0 build untill in falls apart :) no other pc case can charm me so far.

steelfractal

when in doubt slap a delta on it
Silver Supporter
Bronze Supporter
M...M...M...M...Multi-Tier...Subscriber...
Aug 15, 2019
@SaperPL iirc there was a picture of you taking a angle grinder to one of your cases do you still have that picture as I can't seem to find it on your site anymore

steelfractal

when in doubt slap a delta on it
Silver Supporter
Bronze Supporter
M...M...M...M...Multi-Tier...Subscriber...
Aug 15, 2019
Yes idk why I didn't look there
Face Palm No GIF

RoZzny

What's an ITX?
New User
Feb 6, 2024
Guys, don't you think it's time to bring the 3.0 to life? It has been nearly 6 years of waiting and I am going crazy without it (I am waiting for my first ever PC build since 2.0 sold out!)...

SaperPL

Master of Cramming
DR ZĄBER
Oct 17, 2017
Guys, don't you think it's time to bring the 3.0 to life? It has been nearly 6 years of waiting and I am going crazy without it (I am waiting for my first ever PC build since 2.0 sold out!)...
It's just barely 3.5 years, I think, since we've sold last 2.0 batch post-campaign, not 6 years... And in the meantime we had covid pandemic.
We're working on the design step by step when we can, but it's still not a priority project for now.

SaperPL

Master of Cramming
DR ZĄBER
Oct 17, 2017
3 slot GPU support and 47mm air coolers 🙏

2.5 slot GPU with standard 2U risers and proper support for 48mm air coolers is what we're aiming for. If we'd want to support thicker cards, then it means longer riser or lower cpu cooler and (in both cases) no 2.5" drive support.

On top of that 3 slot cards would be so heavy that relying on just slot and bracket connection to handle the cards isn't something we can accept if we're promoting the case as something portable. Take a look at the problem of Gigabyte cards cracking around the pci-e lock - if something like this happens for someone while travelling with our case, he could argue that it's our fault that we're supporting such cards without the hold on the end of the card, and of course making a supporting piece that supports all shapes and thicknesses of the card would be both cumbersome and expensive to make.

Mosskovskaia

Trash Compacter
Mar 15, 2019
Could you consider making the cpu cooler clearance a Little bit higher? Having 3mm from the blades to the case helps with turbulence.
For the gpu: it’s a good point I haven’t considered so I’ll trust you with that.

SaperPL

Master of Cramming
DR ZĄBER
Oct 17, 2017
Could you consider making the cpu cooler clearance a Little bit higher? Having 3mm from the blades to the case helps with turbulence.
For the gpu: it’s a good point I haven’t considered so I’ll trust you with that.
We're aiming to support properly Cryorig C7, regardless of it's shortcoming, so it's a 47mm cooler that had 1mm of space to perforation. We will probably have +1.5~1.75 mm more so it'll be 2.5~2.75mm now which should be better.

Mosskovskaia

Trash Compacter
Mar 15, 2019
We're aiming to support properly Cryorig C7, regardless of it's shortcoming, so it's a 47mm cooler that had 1mm of space to perforation. We will probably have +1.5~1.75 mm more so it'll be 2.5~2.75mm now which should be better.
Alright sounds good. Thanks for the reply

L91

Average Stuffer
Dec 21, 2021
www.youtube.com
I hate that basically no modern Mini-ITX MoBo is compatible with Alpenföhn's Black Ridge, it's such a great CPU cooler, even better if you manage to find good VLP RAMs!
Black Ridge loses out to AXP90-X47 Copper on AM5 tmk, and also doesn't affect RAM compatability. The BR is compatible with ASUS B650E-I, but you'll need to removed M.2 heatsink and use aftermarket one. They've just released rev.D with AM5 support. I'd certainly be curious to see the two compared with official brackets since I've only used DIY modified versions.

Reactions: riba2233