Production Enhance ENP-8345L - Modular Flex ATX 450W Platinum

Overtek

Airflow Optimizer
Original poster
OVERTEK
Gold Supporter
May 22, 2017
www.overtek.co.uk
PRE-ORDER OPEN - DELIVERY APRIL - 20% Pre-order discount - Free worldwide shipping

Enhance Electronics first Modular Flex ATX power supply

This has been a long time coming but finally we are there. Engineering samples done, Design Verification Done.

Images are the Engineering sample. Final product will be with a black case, Black loom, Black top layer PCB.

Wire type is being finalized. Initially we were going to go with braided looms, but due to limited flexibility concerns we're just awaiting confirmation on Silicone looms.

Current loom plan, tbc shortly
24pin ATX - 18cm
CPU 4+4pin 25cm
GPU 6+2pin 25cm
2x SATA: 15cm + 15cm (second length likely to be shorter as 15cm was a min length with braided)
2x Molex 20cm + 15cm (as above)

Back in the summer we were looking at these 2 layouts at the bottom of the page. The single (not very modular, but 150mm PSU length) and the 4 connector (but 165mm psu length)

Obviously the latter was pushed for. The single is more in consideration with competing against say Seasonic SSP-300SUG and some FSP models. Which tend to be more in industrial applications. Which is a high volume are sales wise for Flex, but not really right for SFF.

Also initially the fan was to be an ADDA fan. For Industrial and server that's absolutely fine.
We did our own testing here on the engineering sample, indicating the quieter Yate Loon to appear suitable. After much pushing Enhance applied thermal verification testing with the Yate Loon and passed it, although for a slightly derated thermal Spec 0-40°C. With Adda 0 to 50°C. But with the Yate Loon fan the PSU is quiet with the RPM sitting under around 2000rpm most of the way to 60% loads before heading on more linear rise in the upper load echelons.

This gives great quiet space upto around 270W loads which is ideal for many SFF configurations with Flex ATX whilst also hitting the sweat spot for efficiency.

We're looking to see if we can get the PSU into Cybenetics testing in the future, just a question of funding that 2,000USD cost. Just to independently confirm the efficiency and noise levels.

Shipping will be in April, a little longer than we'd like but this due to Chinese New Year which adds to the lead time.

Version 2.PNG Version 1.PNG

Overtek

Airflow Optimizer
Original poster
OVERTEK
Gold Supporter
May 22, 2017
www.overtek.co.uk
This seems THE perfect psu for me, so I had to pre-order it. Literally every aspect of it is ideal except the shipping date, but that's fine. I'll be patient.
Thank you again, just the lead times we always have to work with + extra for CNY, as mentioned on Reddit x

Analogue Blacksheep

King of Cable Management
Dec 2, 2018
I really want try a build with this once I have the right build in mind! Really happy to see a qualitative option like this now!

Mackan

Airflow Optimizer
Jun 2, 2016
This is a great initiative. With your communication with Enhance, did using GaN components in a Flex PSU ever come up? Probably a too costly redesign? May I also ask why we basically never see a physical on/off switch on Flex PSU:s? There is one on the SilverStone FX500, so there seems to be space for one.

Reactions: Arboreal

nightshift

Airflow Optimizer
Jul 23, 2020
I know that while this product have to cater most usecases, but I hope the cables won't be too long. Regardless if it goes into a Densium 4, Velka 3 or A24-v5 case, a nice and short 24pin makes a lot of difference:)

Overtek

Airflow Optimizer
Original poster
OVERTEK
Gold Supporter
May 22, 2017
www.overtek.co.uk
I know that while this product have to cater most usecases, but I hope the cables won't be too long. Regardless if it goes into a Densium 4, Velka 3 or A24-v5 case, a nice and short 24pin makes a lot of difference:)
Cable lengths are in the post at top, have a read through and let us know

Reactions: Arboreal

Overtek

Airflow Optimizer
Original poster
OVERTEK
Gold Supporter
May 22, 2017
www.overtek.co.uk
This is a great initiative. With your communication with Enhance, did using GaN components in a Flex PSU ever come up? Probably a too costly redesign? May I also ask why we basically never see a physical on/off switch on Flex PSU:s? There is one on the SilverStone FX500, so there seems to be space for one.
Switch, can be space limitation, no room for one on ENP-7660B. Also some case designs mean it would be problematic in some. In many though it's simply an option. If you've got a volume application, let me know. If not the other option is simply to use a IEC-320 adapter lead with a switch in it. In the UK we have on/off switch on every mains socket. That said I've always left PC's with mains running to them so 5Vsb is present, because I'm to impatient to wait for system booting, even in these SSD days.

GaN, not working with that last time it was raised a while back, the cost / efficiency benefit was deemed not worthy of progression then, could change in future though.

hczk

Minimal Tinkerer
New User
Jul 17, 2018
Looking forward to it! I just don't like the 12VHPWR, 60/60ti/70 compacts are 8pin... it will make customizing modular cables difficult.

Overtek

Airflow Optimizer
Original poster
OVERTEK
Gold Supporter
May 22, 2017
www.overtek.co.uk
Looking forward to it! I just don't like the 12VHPWR, 60/60ti/70 compacts are 8pin... it will make customizing modular cables difficult.
Not really. if you leave the 12VHPWR end alone then its just cutting shorter, strip and crimp the usual mini fit Jr 4.2 pins. or splice solder in extra length. Just the same as you would a non modular.

Overtek

Airflow Optimizer
Original poster
OVERTEK
Gold Supporter
May 22, 2017
www.overtek.co.uk
I do share that feeling, especially for a 450W PSU .... but that's just my humble opinion
As previous comment, do also understand the loom : GPU 6+2pin 25cm

What I think you're being thrown by is the modular connector PCB layout side. That's simply utilising the 3.0mm pitch connector to achieve a clean layout from L-R as all 4.2mm pitch would be to wide and you start having to add more length.

Refer to this in the original post:

Current loom plan, tbc shortly
24pin ATX - 18cm
CPU 4+4pin 25cm
GPU 6+2pin 25cm
2x SATA: 15cm + 15cm (second length likely to be shorter as 15cm was a min length with braided)
2x Molex 20cm + 15cm (as above)

Reactions: GuilleAcoustic

hczk

Minimal Tinkerer
New User
Jul 17, 2018
@Overtek Any information about the internal components? At least the Japanese primary capacitor (like 7660b)? If you can get these details from Enhance, it would help.

Mackan

Airflow Optimizer
Jun 2, 2016
Will you offer a Noctua fan swap on this one, like with the 7660B? Looking at one of your youtube videos, I got the impression that the Noctua fan would still be the winner in terms of noise and perhaps even CFM, at lower wattage?

rcodi

SFF Gamer
Aug 5, 2017
Got my preorder in as well, excited for some flex builds. I’m perceiving the introduction of this PSU and the ZS A4DC V3 restocking as my sign that I need to downsize again.

Overtek

Airflow Optimizer
Original poster
OVERTEK
Gold Supporter
May 22, 2017
www.overtek.co.uk
Got my preorder in as well, excited for some flex builds. I’m perceiving the introduction of this PSU and the ZS A4DC V3 restocking as my sign that I need to downsize again.
Thank you, please be aware it will be April for delivery. I just noticed that a 3rd party s/w developer, in trying to fix a problem with there little bit of software, has knocked out all our full pre-order information on our site..... Fun fun... I'm sure we'll get it fixed soon (I'd already botched a work around, before they came along and 'fixed it'

Reactions: rcodi