Completed Enhance ENP-8345L - Modular Flex ATX 450W Platinum

REVOCCASES

Shrink Ray Wielder
REVOCCASES
Apr 2, 2020
www.revoccases.com
👌 I'll keep it in mind when I get into a more proper case, so far it works, but yeah, I'll try to zip-tie it another way or even, drop them, later on.

On another note, the Noctua NF-A4x20 fan isn't strong enough to cool ~200W in summer (~36C degrees room temp), for the speed/noise I was hoping. The PSU kept shutting off on me at ~3500RPM, it even shut off once for me at ~5000RPM :(

I'm gonna swap the stock fan back in once the internal temp at PSU intake gets back to 48C, when another really hot day comes, to see how much it spins/how loud it gets

you could try using the Noctua as intake and see if it helps

Overtek

Airflow Optimizer
Original poster
OVERTEK
Gold Supporter
May 22, 2017
www.overtek.co.uk
👌 I'll keep it in mind when I get into a more proper case, so far it works, but yeah, I'll try to zip-tie it another way or even, drop them, later on.

On another note, the Noctua NF-A4x20 fan isn't strong enough to cool ~200W in summer (~36C degrees room temp), for the speed/noise I was hoping. The PSU kept shutting off on me at ~3500RPM, it even shut off once for me at ~5000RPM :(

I'm gonna swap the stock fan back in once the internal temp at PSU intake gets back to 48C, when another really hot day comes, to see how much it spins/how loud it gets
That's a hot old ambient room temp.

With the Yate Loon the PSU is fully load tested in 40C room temp.
If you need more then the Delta fan will do to 50C which is what we normally push towards for industrial or server racks when noise is less of a key

Dogzilla

Efficiency Noob
Jun 1, 2024
That's a hot old ambient room temp.

With the Yate Loon the PSU is fully load tested in 40C room temp.
Swapped back to the stock Yate Loon fan, ran tests again, Dragon's Dogma 2 demo, Furmark 2 + Cinebench loop, rock stable, except the Yate Loon fan goes to like 6000-7000 RPM or similar.

It's def fine, it works fine, room temp is not exceeding 40C ambient, but the temp inside the case at PSU intake is 49-50C

Dogzilla

Efficiency Noob
Jun 1, 2024
Also, to be fair this doesn't really apply to most people, most people would

1. run an air conditioner, not get room temp to 34-36C
2. have nice expensive well-ventilated cases, not cheap Sama IM01 clones
3. use case fans (or have direct airflow to components in <7L)
4. don't have the PSU intake from inside
5. don't intentionally make the CPU+GPU cooling anemic
6. don't carefully create perfectly horribly placed hot pockets inside the case 😅

and well just in general, don't make it as worst-case scenario as humanly possible XD

Reactions: NinoPecorino