Production FormD T1 Classic (READ FIRST POST)

Increase volume from 9.8L to 10.5L to support MSI Suprim X 30XX?

• Yes, worth the trade off to be more compatible with components

Votes: 116 24.7%
  • No, not worth it b/c it is not better than the ROG 30XX, which fits now at <10L

Votes: 353 75.3%

• Total voters

PKAWA

Master of Cramming
May 27, 2020
I’m for just the plain slab of aluminum as the guys above me mentioned or the straight milled line as an homage to the OG design. I guess the question that needs to be answered is how much of the case identity was tied to the front panel. I personally don’t think it really matters at all what the front panel is, since for me the identity was always in the layout. I think lower price and better availability should be the main points everyone focuses on.
The case identity has been about the front panel and duo tone from day one so I'd say a lot.
The sandwich style layout is not unique to the T1.
The T1 is also exploring new layouts with the tower and reference design, so you can't really call that an identity when going with at least 3 layout styles.
The lower price would be nice, but not at the cost of quality. I have to look at the case daily and want it looking good and like a Formd case.
Also even with the price increase the reference case is not more expensive.
Good availability of any case in these trying times is idle hope imo.

PKAWA

Master of Cramming
May 27, 2020
I have to agree.

Honestly, after several months of waiting, having to wait for another 1-2 months is just discouraging.

As an EU customer, it sets a precedent that puts me in an unpleasant situation. If I don't want to pay 300€ for this case (something I won't) I have to wait until May, but with 0 guarantee of more delays due to last-minute changes because of opinionated sayings on the internet about non-existing issues. Not to mention unexpected cost increases.
[/I].
I'm an EU customer. I paid 245 dollar to get it here and another 50 euro in taxes for the original Formd T1.
The case without shipping was 210 dollar.
And that's for the black one, because duo tone was more expensive.
It's a lot, but for a case like this it was worth it. These are the kind of products you normally see featured on lifestyle sites and are unobtainable. But here we are.
If 175+22 is to much, the original case was also to expensive for you and you should look into other cases.

SFFUSER

Average Stuffer
Mar 8, 2021
The case identity has been about the front panel and duo tone from day one so I'd say a lot.
The sandwich style layout is not unique to the T1.
The T1 is also exploring new layouts with the tower and reference design, so you can't really call that an identity when going with at least 3 layout styles.
The lower price would be nice, but not at the cost of quality. I have to look at the case daily and want it looking good and like a Formd case.
Also even with the price increase the reference case is not more expensive.
Good availability of any case in these trying times is idle hope imo.
That's right, if the hallmark were exclusively "the layout", then there are a lot of different T1s on the market, as all these cases use the same layout.

The hallmark of the T1 is, apart from being an SFF case, its image. The first impression one has about this case is its purity, the beauty of the design.

Some, like me, have been waiting more than a year for this case. Obviously we want a unique product to come out, and we don't mind waiting an extra month, for example, or paying extra 20€. The front panel is fundamental, it's part of the T1's hallmark. It is a product for those who know how to appreciate it in its entirety!

That said, I strongly vote for the "TwoTone" panel front, but, if the new conceptual panel design comes out ready, I'll be happy too.

Stinkybear

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Apr 7, 2020
I’m for just the plain slab of aluminum as the guys above me mentioned or the straight milled line as an homage to the OG design. I guess the question that needs to be answered is how much of the case identity was tied to the front panel. I personally don’t think it really matters at all what the front panel is, since for me the identity was always in the layout. I think lower price and better availability should be the main points everyone focuses on.
I always felt the identity was in the design but not the front panel for me as I went single color and it could have been a single slab. But I can see that people that wanted two tone really wanted two tone since that option was presented from the beginning. What set this case apart for me was the movable spine, box design as opposed to the roundedness of the ghost, the mesh sides, premium material and all of that I see moving over to v2, though I'm going reference this time. Mostly though whatever wahaha360 works on I feel is tied to the identity. I'd rather he make something he likes. But if we ever forget, T1 is carved into the back so I suppose if that's on a case, that means it's a T1.

SaltyMemeBoy

Trash Compacter
Aug 10, 2021
So? the manufacturer should absorb costs?... don't get your point
$22 is the supposed additional cost for the 2 tone front panel, which is the entire subject of the discussion right now. Other guy says if you don’t want to pay the $22 and would prefer an alternative panel for lower cost you shouldn’t be looking at this case. My point is that I disagree with that and I think it’s perfectly reasonable to prefer a lower cost alternative configuration for the case.

Reactions: laiv and Kapsi

PKAWA

Master of Cramming
May 27, 2020
$22 is the supposed additional cost for the 2 tone front panel, which is the entire subject of the discussion right now. Other guy says if you don’t want to pay the $22 and would prefer an alternative panel for lower cost you shouldn’t be looking at this case. My point is that I disagree with that and I think it’s perfectly reasonable to prefer a lower cost alternative configuration for the case.
I think you mean me. I am not gatekeeping just stating facts. And my reply was towards a EU customer that is unwilling to pay close to 300 euro for the case.
With that statement in mind he was talking specifically about the price increase for the duo tone design.
I'm not saying you shouldn't be looking at this case but quality tends to cost money so if you want the duo tone this case still costing less than the original is no reason to complain.
And with other options you state the case will still cost less, so I see no valid point being made.

Edit: not to mention that there's no extra cost for a pcie4.0 cable I had to buy seperately.

Last edited:

Tuscany

Cable-Tie Ninja
Apr 26, 2020
Things are very subjective ...
We are discussing looks and I am sure that 1000 people will have 1000 different visions of the case. So, @Wahaha360 should just pick whatever he sees as good options and sell it like this.

Because, for an example, I like my Sliger SM550 way more than I like FormdT1. HOWEVER I would pick T1 for the better HW compatibility, because I can use water cooling for my 5900x and I can't in Sliger SM550 (or not the way I can in T1).

So, I want panels like SM550.

SaltyMemeBoy

Trash Compacter
Aug 10, 2021
I think you mean me. I am not gatekeeping just stating facts. And my reply was towards a EU customer that is unwilling to pay close to 300 euro for the case.
With that statement in mind he was talking specifically about the price increase for the duo tone design.
I'm not saying you shouldn't be looking at this case but quality tends to cost money so if you want the duo tone this case still costing less than the original is no reason to complain.
And with other options you state the case will still cost less, so I see no valid point being made.

Edit: not to mention that there's no extra cost for a pcie4.0 cable I had to buy seperately.
Wait I think that guy was still talking about a default price increase by making the 2 piece panel the default option. I agree, I don’t think it’s unreasonable to be disappointed with a $22 price increase in the stock config. Telling people to essentially go home because they’re more price conscious is a dick move, period.

Last edited:
Reactions: SoSquidTaste

SFFUSER

Average Stuffer
Mar 8, 2021
The problem is that some people are effectively bumping the price for everyone. Not to mention that looks are subjective; one's great design is another's ugly hack.
Guys..... We are talking about increasing the price 10%.

This is a desig (even luxury) product. It is a given that if you are interested in this case it is for the design, the optimization, everything. Not just the layout. If it was just that, you would opt for much cheaper options on the market.

The T1 was successful, not because of the layout, but because of its incredible design. We are talking about a product that does not seek to go cheap, but to meet the expectations of the original model. And, as I said before, we are talking about 10% of the price !

SaltyMemeBoy

Trash Compacter
Aug 10, 2021
10% is a lot dude. Some people would rather save 10% on the case if the only functional difference is aesthetic, which is subjective anyway. There exist people in this world who want the best but are also conscious about how they spend their money. Sorry to break this reality about 99% of the working world to you.

Aluminyum

Cable-Tie Ninja
May 3, 2019
Guys..... We are talking about increasing the price 10%.
Sounds like something a first-worlder would say. ;P

Personally, I would rather spend those 10% on some food and/or medicine, than on chopping a plate of aluminium in two.

This is a desig (even luxury) product. It is a given that if you are interested in this case it is for the design, the optimization, everything. Not just the layout. If it was just that, you would opt for much cheaper options on the market.
I may be the odd one out here, but I'm interested in this case exactly because of its layout (and mesh panels). But, perhaps, you know of some other, cheaper case(s) that can fit the NH-C14S and a reference-sized graphics card, while being under 10L in volume?

The T1 was successful, not because of the layout, but because of its incredible design.
Citation needed...

PKAWA

Master of Cramming
May 27, 2020
This guy walks into a Tesla dealership with 30k in hand and demands the model 3 fully spec-d because at one point in time there was talk they could put it on the market at that price.
Even though the current model 3 is better than the original P90 and a lot cheaper still.
And when the dealer suggests another brand that better suits the budget, he complains about the price hike, while in reality it's still the cheapest option to date they have ever given.
Afterwards he calls the dealer an entitled first world dick, and storms out of the dealership because there's literally no other car available that meets his needs then a Tesla.
What a horrible person right?

Asuka4Laifu

Chassis Packer
Dec 12, 2020
I'm not a moderator - so I might be crossing the line here.

No keyboard fights please. It's fair for people to give feedback. We don't have the right to invalidate another person's feedback about it (it was not directed towards us anyways). Some people will want the product to be cheaper and some people would rather pay for the aesthetics - you don't need to call people names or make fun of each other. You can't please everyone with a single product as we all have different opinions on what we prioritize.

I'm pretty sure @Wahaha360 is planning to create an updated poll regarding this, so there will be a time and place to vote on it. What the majority wants is what we will get.

Having said that, can we get back to talking about tiny metal boxes now?

Kapsi

Trash Compacter
Nov 20, 2018
I understand that the 10% increase is not a big deal. The problem is that this increase raises the price to $197.5 USD and if Mr. Wahaha decides to round the price to $200 USD the consequences of this in my personal case are as follows:

1. I will have to pay for shipping twice (I already decided that I want to pay +$45 USD because I have been waiting since 2020 for the case) because FormD Works does not ship directly to my country and I will have to use the Forwarding service offered by the post office of my country located in the U.S.

2. I will have to pay an extra 20% over the value of the package for import taxes if the price goes above $199 USD.

So that increase of "only 10%" becomes a headache because it's really much more expensive if you also consider the fact that my local currency does not have the same purchasing power as the dollar or the euro. In fact the conversion of my currency to USD is 1/4. And all this without mentioning that at the time of writing this the option to leave the panel as it is in the poll is losing BY ONLY THREE VOTES! So it's not like we are a small minority here.

I would still buy the case regardless of the outcome of the pool, but I have as much right as everyone here to express my opinion as it is only a cosmetic change, but it takes longer to manufacture and therefore longer to deliver. Man, I don't want to fight I just want my case as soon as possible :(

Reactions: ellroy80 and laiv