Production FormD T1 Classic (READ FIRST POST)

Increase volume from 9.8L to 10.5L to support MSI Suprim X 30XX?

• Yes, worth the trade off to be more compatible with components

Votes: 116 24.7%
  • No, not worth it b/c it is not better than the ROG 30XX, which fits now at <10L

Votes: 353 75.3%

• Total voters

laiv

Average Stuffer
Jan 25, 2020
I'm an EU customer. I paid 245 dollar to get it here and another 50 euro in taxes for the original Formd T1.
The case without shipping was 210 dollar.
And that's for the black one, because duo tone was more expensive.
It's a lot, but for a case like this it was worth it. These are the kind of products you normally see featured on lifestyle sites and are unobtainable. But here we are.
If 175+22 is to much, the original case was also to expensive for you and you should look into other cases.
I can afford a handful of these cases. Probably more. A different story is if I want to pay 19.5€ for a fake milled line that has appeared from nowhere. And, if I want to keep waiting for another 1-2months. Having money has nothing to do with being an idiot willing to burn the money.

I might be wrong, but my numbers are quite different from yours but allow me to share some numbers

235€ (case) + ~19.5€ (changes on the last minute. Optional) +
0.04% Custom (minimum tax. It could be more)
--------------------
* 1.21% VAT
--------------------
+ custom processing costs (up to the shipping agency)
+ 40€ express shipping from Asía (Optional if you don't want to wait until May and be exposed to eventualities)

My claim is not "T1 is expensive", my claim is "don't make it, unnecessarily, more expensive". Stick to the original plan. Defer costs by allowing customers to buy kits later. There's no quality issue here. It's all about aesthetics. It's about people giving an opinion and causing delays and unexpected changes. This is what Reddit looks like lately.

Voted for split just cause it looks cleaner (planning to have single color anyways). If it will be just solid aluminum one piece panel, I’m totally fine with that (I would even prefer it). New proposed default was adding lines on perimeter which is my main complain. I think big part of aesthetic of v1 was this chunky machined block in front which looks clean and solid.

Seriously? WTF!

The split frontal panel (the two-tones to be precise) was meant to be a kit (among other stuff) so they could cut down production costs and timings in the short term. It has nothing to do with quality. It's a matter of numbers. Now, people are about to defeat that purpose with reasonings so contradictory as the one I quoted.

S.N: please, don't insult our intelligence with stupid parallelisms. We aren't 15 years old... Right?

Last edited:
Reactions: Kapsi

PKAWA

Master of Cramming
May 27, 2020
I can afford a handful of these cases. Probably more. A different story is if I want to pay 22€ for a fake milled line that has appeared from nowhere. Having money has nothing to do with being an idiot willing to burn the money.

I might be wrong, but my numbers are quite different from yours but allow me to share some numbers

(235€ (only the case) + 22€ changes at the last minute) * 1.21% VAT +
(235€ (only the case) + 22€ changes at the last minute) * 0.04% Custom (minimum tax over the product price) + processing costs (up to the shipping agency. Here is where they scam badly) +
40€ Shipping from Asía
I promise this will be my last post about this ;)

Point one:
That line has been part of the two tone design from day one. It doesn't come out of nowhere.
Point two:
Now you are talking about the sandwich case, and not the reference.
Point three:
Comparing the T1 with the pcie3.0 cable to this case with a more expensive pcie4.0 cable is not correct.
Price with the 3.0 cable is 215 dollar, not euro and 22,50 dollar more for the duo tone front which to me looks like it will still be an option, but who knows. This brings the case to 210 euro converted.
So yes, for that case the price would increase with 27,50 dollar. (24 euro) because the original black one was 210 dollar.
BUT, and I forgot, the original duo tone was also 235 dollar I believe. 208 euro.
Point four:
Shipping from Asia was 31 euro, not 40 but there's also this option:
Ship from Europe to me starting May 2022 at a lower shipping price.
This should prevent any taxes being added, AND have lower shipping rates.
I believe taxes to be 22% right now so that would be 46 euro I believe. In my country they add a postal service fee as well upping that.
Transport will probably save you another 10 euro, so all in probably around 60 euro.
So even that case will be cheaper in the end for you.

Last edited:
Reactions: AP2

laiv

Average Stuffer
Jan 25, 2020
Man, those are your numbers. Don't pretend to extend those to everyone.
You choose the numbers at your convenience to make your argument solid.
As I told you. Don't insult our intelligence.

That line has been part of the two tone design from day one. It doesn't come out of nowhere.
Don't know where have you been during the last months, but v2 was meant to be released without any split. It went from a frontal mesh panel to the solid one. Two tones was an option for the future. The split was not even on the table. Do you know why? I guess not if you joined this 2 weeks ago. But the reason has been explained already. The solid panel simplifies production, reduces costs and improves availability. That was a smart move overall because of the availability improvement. This case is quite hard to buy and it's not like we didn't try. Man, even I made a bot to check out the shop and get there as soon as it opened because the last drop flew in 5 min. This is what we are going with changes like the one we argue about.

Last edited:
Reactions: thesilentzephyr

PKAWA

Master of Cramming
May 27, 2020
Man, those are your numbers. Don't pretend to extend those to everyone.
You choose the numbers at your convenience to make your argument solid.
As I told you. Don't insult our intelligence.
I don't and don't need to, you're doing a fine job yourself.

thesilentzephyr

What's an ITX?
New User
Dec 6, 2021
Anyway, because of this redesign there's likely going to be another vote happening, I'm all for getting this case out as swiftly possible, at a lower price too for those who are more cost conscious. And seeing how money isn't an issue for others here I see no reason why they could not only get the case early as well, but also be able to afford the accessories, albeit *later*.

SFFUSER

Average Stuffer
Mar 8, 2021
Guys! what do you think of this idea:

A full, one piece, one tone, front panel... BUT in a different tone than the mesh itself.
It gives a cool two tone style, but keeping one piece front panel. Here are some ideas...

Last edited:

JDuval

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Dec 8, 2020

A full, one piece, one tone, front panel... BUT in a different tone than the mesh itself.
It gives a cool two tone style, but keeping one piece front panel. Here are some ideas...

Looks good to me, but I've always preferred just plain black for all of it.

I don't hate a totally plain front panel in that style, I just didn't like the the frame/bezel thing on the original plain front panel at all.

NRG

Airflow Optimizer
Oct 30, 2015

Personally think some front panel USB C/3.0 would complete this look by breaking up the big slab. A capacitive start button hidden away would be beautiful too!

aaaron

Chassis Packer
Oct 10, 2017
I see on the T1 V2.0 interest check page near the bottom saying: "Priority status is *only applicable to T1 V2 and not transferable to any other product!" Does that mean I cannot save priority status for T1 EVO? Also, does anyone have a newer invite link for discord? It seems to have expired.

Exist50

Trash Compacter
Feb 25, 2021

I personally prefer the split look of the Two-Tone more (even if both pieces are the same color), but I prefer this to the front panel with a border. Cleaner, imo, and more fitting with the V1 aesthetic.

Though that got me thinking. There's probably some selection bias here, as people following FormD are likely to do so specifically if they like the look of the v1. Curious what a wider audience might think.